What is the proper way for multiple people to enter the subway at the same time?

IAlam

So normally When I have to swipe multiple people in the subway I go one at a time. I swipe and the first person goes, I swipe again and the next person goes, and it continues until I'm the last person. However, I saw a video from CaseyNeistat showing him swipe three times for 3 passengers and they all entered at the same time. I never knew this was possible until now. Which way is better and which do you guys use?

So normally When I have to swipe multiple people in the subway I go one at a time. I swipe and the first person goes, I swipe again and the next person goes, and it continues until I'm the last person. However, I saw a video from CaseyNeistat showing him swipe three times for 3 passengers and they all entered at the same time. I never knew this was possible until now. Which way is better and which do you guys use?

a MetroCard is only capable of clearing four fares at a time. If you have a commutation, you are legally allowed to have the station agent buzz in as many people as are cleared by that commutation.

Tourists and locals alike can take advantage of these "Super Saver" tickets which are offered either online or by silver MetroNorth TVMs under "Other Tickets".

They have a train ticket on one side and a fare card on the other. Even sweeter, Agencies beyond the Bee-Line and NICE accept this as a form of reduced fare on their buses. These agencies include PART, TOR, TLC and OWL.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

a MetroCard is only capable of clearing four fares at a time. If you have a commutation, you are legally allowed to have the station agent buzz in as many people as are cleared by that commutation.

Tourists and locals alike can take advantage of these "Super Saver" tickets which are offered either online or by silver MetroNorth TVMs under "Other Tickets".

They have a train ticket on one side and a fare card on the other. Even sweeter, Agencies beyond the Bee-Line and NICE accept this as a form of reduced fare on their buses. These agencies include PART, TOR, TLC and OWL.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

You went off topic 

So normally When I have to swipe multiple people in the subway I go one at a time. I swipe and the first person goes, I swipe again and the next person goes, and it continues until I'm the last person. However, I saw a video from CaseyNeistat showing him swipe three times for 3 passengers and they all entered at the same time. I never knew this was possible until now. Which way is better and which do you guys use?

In the video, it is pay per ride metrocard. However It can only allow up to four people to enter at a time.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Video

I feel the current method is OK. Not sure how you can fit more than two people on one swipe in a single turnstyle.

And you didn't help with the topic.

Anyway, as some stated, you can have the booth buzz them in via MetroCard if more than 4.

you give the booth the MetroCard?

After my prom we took the subway to a diner. Some of us had their own Metro Cards and swiped themselves in and the rest I just swiped in one at a time on my cards (I had two with me).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the limit used to be seven people on a card? I could have sworn I read that somewhere.

Archived