ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

5 minutes ago, TA718 said:

Oh wow so yea you were literally on that one week. I got one extra so yea you’re right I may just clear it on time. Im praying 🙏🏽 that I do. Really looking forward to this. My vision test was strange they made me test with my contacts, with my glasses and then without any of them. 

They only made me test with my contacts although I had my glasses too but then on my pass they didn't put I needed to wear anything lol

Edited by FilippoSironi

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

They only made me test with my contacts although I had my glasses too but then on my pass they didn't put I needed to wear anything lol

You see. I thought that would be it. Just test me with contacts and glasses. But this other doctor came in and said they have to test me all 3. Contacts, Glasses and Nothing. I’m like huh but I won’t see as well. She’s like yea it’s because you’re going for TO. I’m like ok sure. But I passed it so yea. 

20 hours ago, TA718 said:

You see. I thought that would be it. Just test me with contacts and glasses. But this other doctor came in and said they have to test me all 3. Contacts, Glasses and Nothing. I’m like huh but I won’t see as well. She’s like yea it’s because you’re going for TO. I’m like ok sure. But I passed it so.

Good thing they didn't test me with nothing on. 

Hello all, 442x here. Just got home from pre employment.  First off, it’s a LONG day, be ready for that and make sure you have no other obligations during the time you’re there.  If you work take off.

with that said you’ll go sign in at the front desk and continue to the 5th floor .  You’ll check in and sign your name that you’re reporting.  For us, they took us upstairs with the director of training g and gave us some things to learn and know about the job.  We then went back to reception and someone went thru the whole employment processing paperwork on a group basis

*my advice, have everything already completed, it’ll get you through faster.*. Quicker you hand in your application is the quicker you get taken to the lab.

you’ll then go the lab where it says stamp your paper….unnecessary for us so only do that if they tell you.  You’ll wait (again) to take a urine drug test.  They will not provide water unless you don’t provide a specimen.  But you’ll be there 3 times as long for sure.  You’ll then receive your drug test copy of papers and be sent on your way .  They say they’ll contact you within 3-90 days

what the training director said:  “don’t worry about how many classes, we’re hiring train operators all year and we need at least 600”. “We’ll be doing two classes a month then skip a month, then do another two classes, etc”

so with that said, more emails to come for sure…keep a look out

if y’all can just let me know what we’re up to medical wise it’d be appreciated 

any questions I can help 

Edited by STtoMTA

10 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Hello all, 442x here. Just got home from pre employment.  First off, it’s a LONG day, be ready for that and make sure you have no other obligations during the time you’re there.  If you work take off.

with that said you’ll go sign in at the front desk and continue to the 5th floor .  You’ll check in and sign your name that you’re reporting.  For us, they took us upstairs with the director of training g and gave us some things to learn and know about the job.  We then went back to reception and someone went thru the whole employment processing paperwork on a group basis

*my advice, have everything already completed, it’ll get you through faster.*. Quicker you hand in your application is the quicker you get taken to the lab.

you’ll then go the lab where it says stamp your paper….unnecessary for us so only do that if they tell you.  You’ll wait (again) to take a urine drug test.  They will not provide water unless you don’t provide a specimen.  But you’ll be there 3 times as long for sure.  You’ll then receive your drug test copy of papers and be sent on your way .  They say they’ll contact you within 3-90 days

what the training director said:  “don’t worry about how many classes, we’re hiring train operators all year and we need at least 600”. “We’ll be doing two classes a month then skip a month, then do another two classes, etc”

any questions I can help 

I can confirm that I heard this exact number from a TSS in terms of the number of T/Os needed and how they would hiring for the rest of the year! Good luck to all and hope to see ya down here soon! 

15 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

any questions I can help 

Did you get a chance and ask them where they are in the list # for medical? Appreciate it if u have the info.

31 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

any questions I can help 

That's great news , thanks for the info.. I may still have a shot 5,18x

39 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

any questions I can help 

That's great! Nice that the training director talked to you guys. When I went nobody talked to us and I was there from 10 am to 10 pm lol. Mostly waiting for the Lab that was backed up.  I wonder what he meant by "2 classes a month"? Like 2 inductions a month? That seems like a lot. Right now they have done one class every one or two months and they barely have enough class space and TSSs for that. 

Edited by FilippoSironi

2 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

any questions I can help 

Thank youu for the update!!! what time did you end up getting there?

2 hours ago, Imhim said:

I can confirm that I heard this exact number from a TSS in terms of the number of T/Os needed and how they would hiring for the rest of the year! Good luck to all and hope to see ya down here soon! 

So that means they have to extend the list. Thats good.

On 4/30/2022 at 12:47 AM, Keikyu Motorman said:

231 *ROAD* DAYS. Any day on the platform, sick, vacation, in the yard, or doing switching does not count.

So once you're out of school car you dont do anymore yard work? Just driving passengers back and forth?

3 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

So once you're out of school car you dont do anymore yard work? Just driving passengers back and forth?

They could assign you to the yard but since I've been out since October I've only been to a yard only once so far

6 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

So that means they have to extend the list. Thats good.

I don't think they have a choice. They haven't even announced a new test yet. By the time they announce a new test, start the filing period, set up test dates and locations, then give the test, grade them, give time for appeals, and establish the list....it could take up to 2 years. If they let the list expire they wouldn't be able to hire until at least after the appeals are done at which point they'd hire provisionals like before. 

I'm glad because my friend had his heart set on this job and unfortunately didn't rest the night before and scored low. Smart guy just a bad test taker. His number is in the 6k range so I'm only keeping an eye on this forum for his sake.

1 minute ago, beanz said:

I don't think they have a choice. They haven't even announced a new test yet. By the time they announce a new test, start the filing period, set up test dates and locations, then give the test, grade them, give time for appeals, and establish the list....it could take up to 2 years. If they let the list expire they wouldn't be able to hire until at least after the appeals are done at which point they'd hire provisionals like before. 

I'm glad because my friend had his heart set on this job and unfortunately didn't rest the night before and scored low. Smart guy just a bad test taker. His number is in the 6k range so I'm only keeping an eye on this forum for his sake.

I agree with you and I always felt they had no choice but the sooner they actually announce that the better for all of us. I should have been in May 15th class. On medical hold so prob wont get in until June or July.

5 minutes ago, underground traveler said:

Yup I go in next Tuesday. It will probably be the same thing but ill definitely keep you updated.

Also does anyone have a medical update???

I’m tryna find out bout that too !!! You go Tuesday?????? Oh wow

Just now, underground traveler said:

YUP!!! and im list # 459* so if they need 600 people and already up to the 4000"s and no one getting called for medical anymore the math not math'ing lol

Idk what the deal with medicals are 

7 hours ago, thegameksk said:

Honestly, once you're done with schoolcar, the main reason you'll be in the yard is for put-ins and layups. 

With that said, it honestly depends on the needs of the crew office. Some people don't get yard work at all, while others can see yard work once every few months. There's usually enough senior employees willing to work on their days off or stay late to paper over the yard jobs.

9 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

Idk what the deal with medicals are 

I’m #38xx and I haven’t been called or email for medical yet. But maybe if you guys are right, they gonna speed up next month so they can fill 2 classes at a time.