ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

15 hours ago, d4rkst4r said:

Hahaha thanks for the reassurance guys!

One question I wanted to ask.  The guy leading the orientation mentioned that when you start your shift, it's not necessarily when you start your tour.  Like lets say you start your shift at 9am, but you don't actually start driving the train until 10:30am then you have to do the whole tour so now it's 8+ hours. 

How often does that happen?

you do get paid for the Board Time. So you might be sitting doing nothing for 4 hours then pick up a 9 hour job, you'll get paid for 13 hours total.

Edited by FilippoSironi

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, FilippoSironi said:

you do get paid for the Board Time. So you might be sitting doing nothing for 4 hours then pick up a 9 hour job, you'll get paid for 13 hours total.

Don’t forget to add in the overtime. +2.5 hrs in this situation.

He’d get paid for 15.5 hours with overtime factored in.

On 5/27/2022 at 5:42 AM, Imhim said:

There won’t be an August class without a July class! Only time they stopped completely was during the height of Covid. That’s long and gone! There definitely will be a July class, patience is the key. I know it’s hard waiting and watching the forum hoping you get your call or email, but trust it will come! I went through the same thing and didn’t even know they were hiring from the beginning of the year I started. Just keep up with the post on here and know that they far from done hiring!!

UMMMM Sir I thought you said there wouldnt be a August class without a July class. Its looking like theres no July class  👀

11 hours ago, d4rkst4r said:

Appreciate the explanation guys, that was very helpful.  Is it often that Board Time usually lasts for a long time?  I guess it depends.

It’s sporadic. Some days you’ll sign on board and immediately get assigned a job. Other days you’ll sit for like 6 hours and then get a whole job. Sometimes you even clear the board and don’t get assigned anything.

11 hours ago, underground traveler said:

UMMMM Sir I thought you said there wouldnt be a August class without a July class. Its looking like theres no July class  👀

Yeah I was told this in May by a TSS, if I was wrong I apologize, again I’m going off what a TSS told me when he got on my train. I know they have new TSS classes as well because they need them for school car, so that might be the issue not enough available for classes. I won’t even respond with negativity or attitude I hope you all get called soon, I been in your shoes I know the wait is a been excruciating! Positive vibes to you!!!

3 minutes ago, Imhim said:

Yeah I was told this in May by a TSS, if I was wrong I apologize, again I’m going off what a TSS told me when he got on my train. I know they have new TSS classes as well because they need them for school car, so that might be the issue not enough available for classes. I won’t even respond with negativity or attitude I hope you all get called soon, I been in your shoes I know the wait is a been excruciating! Positive vibes to you!!!

Only kidding! Yes positive vibes!

22 minutes ago, Imhim said:

No need to respond with negativity or attitude I was just trying to gain clarity or something you seemed so sure of. This is after all the Hiring Process thread. Thank youu for the clarity and postive vibes to you as well!!!!!  

55 minutes ago, underground traveler said:

No need to respond with negativity or attitude I was just trying to gain clarity or something you seemed so sure of. This is after all the Hiring Process thread. Thank youu for the clarity and postive vibes to you as well!!!!!  

No of course not I’m just saying most ppl would of felt attacked but I can admit when I was wrong! I hope there’s classes all year honestly, we need fresh faces and talent down here. The staffing is bad but you let them tell it everything’s ok lol

Edited by Imhim
Grammar

55 minutes ago, underground traveler said:

For what its worth last week when I cleared my medical hold they told me most likely no July which now seems definite because they would have started calling us in.  She said there will definitely be more classes though.

16 minutes ago, Imhim said:

No of course not I’m just saying most ppl would of felt attacked but I can admit when I was wrong! I hope there’s classes all year honestly, we need fresh faces and talent down here. The staffing is bad but you let them tell it everything’s ok lol

No I know, I was just teasing cause you came in hot with the "There will be NO August without July" comment lol. I said well got damn let me get my boots ready 😂😂😂. No but definitely thank you for all your positivity its much needed and appreciated  💪🏾

15 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

For what its worth last week when I cleared my medical hold they told me most likely no July which now seems definite because they would have started calling us in.  She said there will definitely be more classes though.

Yeah its definitely more in the works, now we just have a more time to enjoy the summer thats all lol

1 hour ago, underground traveler said:

No I know, I was just teasing cause you came in hot with the "There will be NO August without July" comment lol. I said well got damn let me get my boots ready 😂😂😂. No but definitely thank you for all your positivity its much needed and appreciated  💪🏾

Yeah its definitely more in the works, now we just have a more time to enjoy the summer thats all lol

Yes our last summer for a long time lol

3 hours ago, Imhim said:

Would you happen to know how long the tss classes are ? Just in case that is the issue 

31 minutes ago, Mikepro6 said:

Would you happen to know how long the tss classes are ? Just in case that is the issue 

TSS Class? Do you mean T/O classes? They're about 8 months long, slightly shorter for A division. 

2 hours ago, JPkim1130 said:

Anybody from 49xx received pre employment email? I remember 47xx got their email Early June. I was wondering if anyone got it from MTA

No one's received anything since latest second week of June.  There is most likely no July class so if there is an august class soonest I think we will hear anything is 2nd week of July.

4 minutes ago, CC1191 said:

Anybody on here have TSS Greene or TSS Gibson as instructors?

I’m still in school car and today was my last day with Tss Greene. He’s a great instructor! My advice is make sure you get into those books and bring your A game everyday.