ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

1 hour ago, RTOMan said:

No one is saying this job is easy and one has a lot of chit to deal with as well.

Some people ae so easily influenced by social media babble...

I keep telling folks "This job is what one makes it"...

which is the overall arching point I'm driving.... have no expectations, learn the system, make it work for you, period. 

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, TCart said:

@ealfinez couldn’t have said it any better than that. I’m not in yet but from what’s being said about the job throughout this forum I understand it takes a strong mindset ,patience, dealing with adversity, sacrificed time. Friends party’s clubs can wait. I want the money and benefits and to actually learn to drive a train. I survived some tough jobs just as described with being A T/O. I’m mentally prepared for it. Just waiting for my turn. A lot of people tend to want things handed to them before they can work for it. Those kind of people won’t make it. 

if u really really want this job/career. i'll give it to you.  see if there's a way to "Trade" job.  too bad they don't i'll give u my spot

3 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

if u really really want this job/career. i'll give it to you.  see if there's a way to "Trade" job.  too bad they don't i'll give u my spot

I feel your pain but u can always just turn in your tools if it's getting that bad for u. I 100% would understand the decision and wouldn't judge u for it 1 bit. Remember tho that time moves no matter what and in a year or 2, when your classmates are picking and you are no longer here you might regret it. Unless of course you are a lot happier at another job.

3 hours ago, beanz said:

I feel your pain but u can always just turn in your tools if it's getting that bad for u. I 100% would understand the decision and wouldn't judge u for it 1 bit. Remember tho that time moves no matter what and in a year or 2, when your classmates are picking and you are no longer here you might regret it. Unless of course you are a lot happier at another job.

OMG a pick would def make it "better" now.  but......i hear some train ops for 3-4 years still hasn't picked and i'm like uhhhh.... :(  :(   

10 hours ago, trackerjack said:

OMG a pick would def make it "better" now.  but......i hear some train ops for 3-4 years still hasn't picked and i'm like uhhhh.... :(  :(   

My entire class had to go 5 years as extra extra...

There was days when i wanted to pull my hair out that Crew Office was dogging me so much..

Then i kept telling myself I'm usually Bald...

14 hours ago, beanz said:

Oh i know of one of my former classmates who is regretting it big time...

2 hours ago, Mikepro6 said:

Somebody on here said they were told it was extended to 9/2023

yes. The following statements is what I’ve received in an email on 8/5/2022 from The NYCT Employment center in regards of the concerns of the status of the list number for exam 7604. 

“Good Day, 

Thank you for contacting our office. 

This is to notify you that, at this time, the last list number appointed for Train Operator Exam # 7604 was # 4258.  We have canvassed up to #4887. When your list number of 51xx is reached, an email will be sent to the email address we have on file for you.   

We cannot estimate when any particular list number will be reached. Hiring depends on available openings and proceeds in list number order.

Note that the civil service list must still be active and not be exhausted for you to be considered for employment. This list is set to expire on 9/19/2023. 

As of November 14, 2021, MTA New York City Transit is requiring all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. “Fully vaccinated” means having received both doses of a 2-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the second dose or having received 1 dose of a 1-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the dose. 

Employment Operations 

MTA NYCT Human Resources …” 

if anybody wants the original proof of my email please send me a message. I tried to post the photo of the email I’ve received but it won’t let me post photos. 

Edited by Amonroe90

3 hours ago, Robertc3 said:

What did you learn in training for the T/O? I just got called. Is the train automatic?

You learn to operate a train and troubleshoot the various issues that may occur. The 7 and the L line can be automatic at times, but you still need to be able to operate manually.

17 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

no luck!! some classmates and other classmates won though i think temp jobs.  the new job picks starts in DEC right?   are you liking XL so far?

You didn't go for any of the temp jobs? Those were probably the only ones you were possibly able to win.

I won a temp job and so far I'm still rolling with it.

Edited by Jericho

45 minutes ago, Jericho said:

You didn't go for any of the temp jobs? Those were probably the only ones you were possibly able to win.

I won a temp job and so far I'm still rolling with it.

I know somebody who won a temp job with weekends off and the person isn't resuming at all this pick. Sometimes u get lucky but u won't know unless u try.

On 9/10/2022 at 6:23 PM, Amonroe90 said:

yes. The following statements is what I’ve received in an email on 8/5/2022 from The NYCT Employment center in regards of the concerns of the status of the list number for exam 7604. 

“Good Day, 

This is to notify you that, at this time, the last list number appointed for Train Operator Exam # 7604 was # 4258.  We have canvassed up to #4887. When your list number of 51xx is reached, an email will be sent to the email address we have on file for you.   

We cannot estimate when any particular list number will be reached. Hiring depends on available openings and proceeds in list number order.

Note that the civil service list must still be active and not be exhausted for you to be considered for employment. This list is set to expire on 9/19/2023. 

As of November 14, 2021, MTA New York City Transit is requiring all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. “Fully vaccinated” means having received both doses of a 2-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the second dose or having received 1 dose of a 1-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the dose. 

Employment Operations 

if anybody wants the original proof of my email please send me a message. I tried to post the photo of the email I’ve received but it won’t let me post photos. 

On top of this a few pages back an employee said they were told there are classes set for Oct and nov

On 9/10/2022 at 6:23 PM, Amonroe90 said:

“Good Day, 

Employment Operations 

So now I'm wondering if you already started the pre-employment process are you safe when the list expires?

27 minutes ago, Robert T said:

So now I'm wondering if you already started the pre-employment process are you safe when the list expires?

That I don’t know. I mean it would be stupid on MTA part to call you in to start the process, and then tell you the list expired right when when you’re in the middle of your pre employment. So I’m guessing if you get called to do your preemployment and drug test, you’re safe ?