ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, goaldigga310 said:

I did my medical today I saw on the short paper the Dr. gave me Qualified was circled. Then I was suppose to do my 2nd drug test but lab was closed so I go in the morning again...Is that when they draw blood from me? On my paperwork I saw a big N in red marker omg what does that mean? 

I saw a big N on my file too and I was nervous as hell… not sure what that means 

7 minutes ago, MoeMan said:

Can someone pass an EKG with an abnormal heart beat?

I doubt it. Worse case they may put you on a medical hold and ask you to get an echocardiogram done. Had to do one with FDNY all because my EKG had a funky rhythm. Considering I haven’t properly hydrated myself and been standing on lines for medical stations for over an hour with nothing to eat or drink. 

42 minutes ago, goaldigga310 said:

I did my medical today I saw on the short paper the Dr. gave me Qualified was circled. Then I was suppose to do my 2nd drug test but lab was closed so I go in the morning again...Is that when they draw blood from me? On my paperwork I saw a big N in red marker omg what does that mean? 

Did and passed my medical today as well, also was told my second lab would have to be done another day because they were to full for the rest of the day.

I was told to come in again tomorrow morning too, at 6:30. Didn't notice an N, but then I'd be curious what that meant also. 

21 minutes ago, Amonroe90 said:

I saw a big N on my file too and I was nervous as hell… not sure what that means 

"N" means NEGATIVE.

this is good, you got no STDs  :) 

nah i'm kidding (not really kidding though).  but yea it means NEGATIVE for something i think.  can ask someone who is going to the MAC tomorrow and ask one of those nurses at the MAC what it means?

8 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

"N" means NEGATIVE.

this is good, you got no STDs  :) 

nah i'm kidding (not really kidding though).  but yea it means NEGATIVE for something i think.  can ask someone who is going to the MAC tomorrow and ask one of those nurses at the MAC what it means?

( N ) Negative for processing ? Because now I’m concerned 😟 

Completed day one today, did all the paperwork and got the drug test done. Then they told us within 3 to 90 days to look for someone to reach back out. Does this mean the background check and driving history check was completed? Would they let you get to the drug test step if there were any issues? They don’t give much information as far as where in the process you are.

3 hours ago, goaldigga310 said:

They don't draw blood. It's a urine test.

23 hours ago, KCA119 said:

Completed day one today, did all the paperwork and got the drug test done. Then they told us within 3 to 90 days to look for someone to reach back out. Does this mean the background check and driving history check was completed? Would they let you get to the drug test step if there were any issues? They don’t give much information as far as where in the process you are.

Was told the same thing . just wait  keep living our normal lives and stay out of trouble 

To everybody waiting, honestly just forget about it and wait it out. I remember being in your shoes waiting and constantly checking my emails daily, all it did was add stress. To make everybody feel a little better back in August 2020 I got an email from Ms. Vargas to come in for final processing and medical, she then emailed me and left me a voice mail letting me know not to come in because there were no more spots left. That was the ultimate tease and let down. I finally forgot about it and then got an email in January of 2021 to come in for medical and final processing, and then got sworn in for the February class. It's annoying waiting but the rewards of waiting in my opinion is great. Don't let anybody in the forums talking negative make you not take the job, just because they're miserable here doesn't mean that your experience will be. Once you're in school car just study and ask questions and you'll pass. If anyone has questions feel free to PM me I don't mind helping anybody out.

10 hours ago, Schecter said:

To everybody waiting, honestly just forget about it and wait it out. I remember being in your shoes waiting and constantly checking my emails daily, all it did was add stress. To make everybody feel a little better back in August 2020 I got an email from Ms. Vargas to come in for final processing and medical, she then emailed me and left me a voice mail letting me know not to come in because there were no more spots left. That was the ultimate tease and let down. I finally forgot about it and then got an email in January of 2021 to come in for medical and final processing, and then got sworn in for the February class. It's annoying waiting but the rewards of waiting in my opinion is great. Don't let anybody in the forums talking negative make you not take the job, just because they're miserable here doesn't mean that your experience will be. Once you're in school car just study and ask questions and you'll pass. If anyone has questions feel free to PM me I don't mind helping anybody out.

I did just that totally forgot about the MTA when i took that Test in 2000..

A year later they sent me a letter the date i got it?

September the 12th 2001...

12 hours ago, Schecter said:

I appreciate all the info you and a few other T/O’s provided over the last year or so. (The Positive Info btw) My 1st appt was 8/24, 2nd appt (Medical) was 11/2 and final processing was 11/18. Start date is 12/26.

To all those reading this message, just have patience and forget about it. I too was bitting my nails awaiting emails. They will get to you, and the anxiety is real. Thinking back it wasn’t that bad (aside from getting skipped by random TA employees taking drug test 😆)

my question is, the NOE stated starting pay was $32 Something back in 2017. Naturally that went up twice, because even the heading rate (34.) is incorrect. They’re starting everyone at $37+ some can anyone confirm current top pay assuming it has gone up the same?!

thanks and I wish everyone the best!

7 minutes ago, NewOP718 said:

I appreciate all the info you and a few other T/O’s provided over the last year or so. (The Positive Info btw) My 1st appt was 8/24, 2nd appt (Medical) was 11/2 and final processing was 11/18. Start date is 12/26.

To all those reading this message, just have patience and forget about it. I too was bitting my nails awaiting emails. They will get to you, and the anxiety is real. Thinking back it wasn’t that bad (aside from getting skipped by random TA employees taking drug test 😆)

my question is, the NOE stated starting pay was $32 Something back in 2017. Naturally that went up twice, because even the heading rate (34.) is incorrect. They’re starting everyone at $37+ some can anyone confirm current top pay assuming it has gone up the same?!

thanks and I wish everyone the best!

Current top pay is $39.82.