ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, goaldigga310 said:

How much do you get paid a hour during school car?

You start about around $37.49 an hour. After 260 road days in revenue service you go to top pay which is $39 and change. Contract talks are coming up, so the top pay should increase, unless the union completely drops the ball. 

Edited by Kabr79

7 hours ago, Kabr79 said:

I did the medical November 23rd. They contacted me on Monday, December 5th. 

Heyyyyy I got called to return on Monday for final processing and they say they trying to get me in December 26th class. Its like 40 something pages to fillout that they say must be fully completed for Monday. Omg I feel like ist step 1 all over how was that fir you? What do I have to look foward to on Monday? Nervousssssss! 

1 minute ago, goaldigga310 said:

Heyyyyy I got called to return on Monday for final processing and they say they trying to get me in December 26th class. Its like 40 something pages to fillout that they say must be fully completed for Monday. Omg I feel like ist step 1 all over how was that fir you? What do I have to look foward to on Monday? Nervousssssss! 

So first off, as of 9:44am I’ve been sworn in and I’m now an official MTA Employee, assigned as train operator. Reporting to Brooklyn P.S 248 12/26 at 7am. 

second, make sure everything is filled out. It’s hard to say don’t be nervous, but sitting down there today after waiting for 4 years to line up a job with MTA, I was a mess. Just breathe, relax and take it one step at a time. Make sure you have a postal money order for your finger prints $88.25 to be exact. They will not take a bank check or money order. It has to be a postal money order. Anything pending with your driver license take care of it NOW! And when she present you paperwork double check EVERYTHING. Looked at my paperwork they said I needed prescription glasses, now mind you I’ve done a vision exam, was told that my vision was good, and I was medically qualified. So out of nowhere you’re gonna tell me I need glasses ??? Yeh Okey. If you never and I mean NEVER needed glasses before but your paperwork says otherwise, and the sups tell you that you’re out of uniform that’s going to cause problems. So make sure your paperwork is all good and I mean look everything over. 

and finally, for those that are still waiting, and it’s hard considering that we been waiting forever, just be patient, your call is coming soon !!! Keep ya heads up. 

hope to see some of y’all on the 26th !!!! 

23 minutes ago, Amonroe90 said:

So first off, as of 9:44am I’ve been sworn in and I’m now an official MTA Employee, assigned as train operator. Reporting to Brooklyn P.S 248 12/26 at 7am. 

second, make sure everything is filled out. It’s hard to say don’t be nervous, but sitting down there today after waiting for 4 years to line up a job with MTA, I was a mess. Just breathe, relax and take it one step at a time. Make sure you have a postal money order for your finger prints $88.25 to be exact. They will not take a bank check or money order. It has to be a postal money order. Anything pending with your driver license take care of it NOW! And when she present you paperwork double check EVERYTHING. Looked at my paperwork they said I needed prescription glasses, now mind you I’ve done a vision exam, was told that my vision was good, and I was medically qualified. So out of nowhere you’re gonna tell me I need glasses ??? Yeh Okey. If you never and I mean NEVER needed glasses before but your paperwork says otherwise, and the sups tell you that you’re out of uniform that’s going to cause problems. So make sure your paperwork is all good and I mean look everything over. 

and finally, for those that are still waiting, and it’s hard considering that we been waiting forever, just be patient, your call is coming soon !!! Keep ya heads up. 

THANK YOU! CONGRATULATIONS TRAIN OPERATOR!!! WELL DESERVED! HOPE I SEE YOU ON THE 26TH. ILL KEEP YOU POSTED ON MONDAY!

26 minutes ago, Amonroe90 said:

Congratulations!

1 hour ago, Amonroe90 said:

Congratulations

1 hour ago, goaldigga310 said:

Heyyyyy I got called to return on Monday for final processing and they say they trying to get me in December 26th class. It’s like 40 something pages to fillout that they say must be fully completed for Monday. Omg I feel like ist step 1 all over how was that fir you? What do I have to look foward to on Monday? Nervousssssss! 

If you don’t mind me asking. When did you do your drug test and what’s your list number?

2 hours ago, goaldigga310 said:

First off congrats! Second, don’t be nervous. Just fill out the paperwork. Anything you need help with, just mark it and they can help you out. It’s not that big of a deal. You’ll get there… and waiting will be involved lol. But then once you hand everything in and they process it. They’ll call you in, tell you when class starts, where to order your boots and what to expect on the job, then you get your pass pic taken and you go. It shouldn’t be as long a day as medical and pre employment. 

1 hour ago, goaldigga310 said:

Sister! Lol...soo damn the want your driving history my past is terrible you think that will disqualify me? I had so many suspension and revocations omg.

if u drive recklessly.......ur gonna tear the tracks apart and destroy the stop arms.
nah i'm joking.  (or AM I.......)

you're good.  ur driving record doesn't mean anything to them.  they just worry if you got outstanding tickets unpaid.  so as long as u paid them you are good.
if you didn't......then u better pay them now pronto

9 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

if u drive recklessly.......ur gonna tear the tracks apart and destroy the stop arms.
nah i'm joking.  (or AM I.......)

you're good.  ur driving record doesn't mean anything to them.  they just worry if you got outstanding tickets unpaid.  so as long as u paid them you are good.
if you didn't......then u better pay them now pronto

Okay yes paid in full! I thought a license wasn't required?