ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

55 minutes ago, beanz said:

Schoolcar needs to be longer in my opinion. Just cause somebody memorizes definitions doesn't mean they understand the signals. I've always thought that was flawed logic. I once had a classmate, who had all the definitions memorized like the back of his hand, ask me "so how do we key by a signal anyway?". That classmate is still out incident free so it's not so much a knock on him as it is that method of learning. Memorization does not equal understanding. Case in point this person and also the person back in the winter who tried to key by a home signal and split a switch. If he had any understanding of how the signals work he would have immediately realized how stupid it would be to key by a homeball, but all he had to lean on was memorization without understanding. Sad.

After COVID and the added dram of that student in school car I don't know kw WHAT it will take for them to realize that the #'s don't add up. School car DEFINITELY needs to go back to its original time. Now you'll have  those with short memories claiming it's the same but it's not. A vet told me they went for a "refresher" and EVERYONE failed??? Hoe Sway?

This same "instructor" argued that school car isn't compressed. Signals are stressed VERBALLY and you do get them but it's just to see if your studying when in fact it's Gould absolutely be a part of the curriculum everyday. I get that everyone learns differently but what good does it serve if a NEWLY minted  TO knows every crew room every station and clock but doesn't know how to deal with a Home bumper block or flags?? Just my opinion and if this too much I'll gladly take it down 

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, kev2112 said:

The last certification was in May. I had an extremely low number and was not called. I was recertified to the list after being canned during probation.

I was on that one wasn't called, got in contact via email with MTA they just told me to get myself back on the list and cc Ms. Olha when doing so. I put emailed DCAS like i did before but this time they didn't answer me back. But before i came back on here i realized to go into open data and look up my name and saw a ending date of 9/19/0223 as for everyone else on this list. But no certification list is made, plus i called the DCAS number and the automated message said i was on the list with no outstanding certification not sure what that means. Other city exams i was on a outstanding. 

Edited by Robert T

4 hours ago, kev2112 said:

The last certification was in May. I had an extremely low number and was not called. I was recertified to the list after being canned during probation.

Were you not called because you were previously fired? What did they fire you for?

I've giving up trying to get back on the list. Numerous calls and emails sent to DCAS and MTA since Feb. DCAS told me in March I cant get back on the list due to an impending appointment. I was hired in Oct 22 and resigned nov 22 and I was passing everything at that time so I didn't have an impending appointment in Feb. I replied to that email several times and called to no response. Emailed and called MTA sever times no response. In July 6 I received an email from DCAS saying sorry for the late reply and telling me it takes months to process the form to get back on the list and I would received an email soon. Incompetence all around. 

21 hours ago, Robert T said:

Wasn't speaking on new list, was wondering if DCAS made a new certification list, I seen one on here before, I was on it after being put back on the list because I was on medical hold and timed out. They must of forgot to call me, had to get back on the list.

October is possibly the new certification list. 

16 hours ago, thegameksk said:

I've giving up trying to get back on the list. Numerous calls and emails sent to DCAS and MTA since Feb. DCAS told me in March I cant get back on the list due to an impending appointment. I was hired in Oct 22 and resigned nov 22 and I was passing everything at that time so I didn't have an impending appointment in Feb. I replied to that email several times and called to no response. Emailed and called MTA sever times no response. In July 6 I received an email from DCAS saying sorry for the late reply and telling me it takes months to process the form to get back on the list and I would received an email soon. Incompetence all around. 

May

Take

Awhile

Once you understand that you resign to the fact that it's just a waiting game, period. 

6 hours ago, thegameksk said:

I know many who resigned and came back. I don't know anyone who's gone through what I described above. 

When you resign it seems like you show up in DCAS as still having a pending appointment. Someone ar DCAS will have to update their system. Go there if calling and emailing don’t work. So ethung similar happened to me.

On 8/29/2023 at 4:45 PM, thegameksk said:

So I guess I had a similar path. However I had completed both conductor school car and then 4 months in was called for TO then completed that. After 6 months in as TO I decided to resign and take another job. With some good advice from my TSSs I ensured to follow the steps to have my name placed back on the list through DCAS. I just kept emailing and calling until I got someone to reply. I kept in touch with at the time Ms. Vargas and then Ms. Olha. Then several months later saw my name was back on the certification list and I’m now back as a TO. 

I wouldn’t necessarily call them incompetent but they do deal with thousands and thousands of emails for all different exams. It’s on you to stay on top of them continue the steps to contact them until they get back to you with a solution. Whether if you like it or not it is what it is.

Some advice if you still want back in, continue with the steps to contact them and get this fixed because with the list extended again, if you can get back on the list and recertified you’ll be called for the following class. 

Good Luck! 

26 minutes ago, JDS1057 said:

So I guess I had a similar path. However I had completed both conductor school car and then 4 months in was called for TO then completed that. After 6 months in as TO I decided to resign and take another job. With some good advice from my TSSs I ensured to follow the steps to have my name placed back on the list through DCAS. I just kept emailing and calling until I got someone to reply. I kept in touch with at the time Ms. Vargas and then Ms. Olha. Then several months later saw my name was back on the certification list and I’m now back as a TO. 

I wouldn’t necessarily call them incompetent but they do deal with thousands and thousands of emails for all different exams. It’s on you to stay on top of them continue the steps to contact them until they get back to you with a solution. Whether if you like it or not it is what it is.

Some advice if you still want back in, continue with the steps to contact them and get this fixed because with the list extended again, if you can get back on the list and recertified you’ll be called for the following class. 

Good Luck! 

What is the email for DCAS to get back on the list?

On 8/29/2023 at 2:17 PM, ealfinez said:

After COVID and the added dram of that student in school car I don't know kw WHAT it will take for them to realize that the #'s don't add up. School car DEFINITELY needs to go back to its original time. Now you'll have  those with short memories claiming it's the same but it's not. A vet told me they went for a "refresher" and EVERYONE failed??? Hoe Sway?

This same "instructor" argued that school car isn't compressed. Signals are stressed VERBALLY and you do get them but it's just to see if your studying when in fact it's Gould absolutely be a part of the curriculum everyday. I get that everyone learns differently but what good does it serve if a NEWLY minted  TO knows every crew room every station and clock but doesn't know how to deal with a Home bumper block or flags?? Just my opinion and if this too much I'll gladly take it down 

Bro nothing but FACTS but facts like that tend to get glossed over and ignored because some folks are in the "I know what I'm doing" mindset and they have no clue.

Yet yer right they'll know all the foolish stuff yet the stuff that keeps them employed..

Nah they'll forget about it then go on social media telling half a story why they got in trouble...

On 9/6/2023 at 11:27 AM, Robert T said:

What does it mean when DCAS tells you your on the list for this exam, but you not on an outstanding certification, because of two other exams I'm on an outstanding certification. Just want to understand the meaning if anybody knows the answer.

Never mind got in touch with live DCAS representative got the answers I needed.

Edited by Robert T

On 9/8/2023 at 12:04 PM, drob said:

anyone know the email address i need to send docs for medical hold? 

In my Experience, I didn't email them, I went to Livingston and went to the window. Told them what I was there to submit, they made me wait and then I saw the Doc who reviewed them and pushed me through.

8 hours ago, KDGallagher said:

Is Queens similar to being a B/o , where once you're out there you can't pick back into brooklyn? 

If you pick into Queens you're stuck  the that depot.

If you are forced into Queens then no, you can pick into brooklyn. There's no forcing. It's all Brooklyn then transfer to Queens or SI.

On 9/4/2023 at 10:30 PM, JDS1057 said:

Good Luck! 

I emailed them 20 times only to be ignored until they finally responded to me initial email. I called every morning and was not able to get through. Someone finally answered but told me only the email who never responded could put me back on the list. Its incompetence. A system where you have to email over 30 times in all to get a response months later is incompetence. 

On 9/10/2023 at 8:33 AM, ealfinez said:

In my Experience, I didn't email them, I went to Livingston and went to the window. Told them what I was there to submit, they made me wait and then I saw the Doc who reviewed them and pushed me through.

You what I have business tomorrow, I'll just go down there myself Thursday, which window did you go to left or right?

Edited by Robert T