ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/12/2024 at 10:02 PM, Youngking said:

This has been the most frustrating hiring process in my life. I feel like giving up. I go for medical today. Everything was good medical was cleared and qualified. I go upstairs to take my photo, all good. Now I go back down to hand in my application for it to get processed so I can move on to get fingerprints and they tell me my application has to be reviewed and there are no managers on site today and since it’s past 4pm they’ll have to contact me on when to come back. No specific date or time frame just they will reach out to you on when to return. So I’m supposed to just wait around and put my life on pause and wait around until the moment they call me and tell me when to return. It’s really ridiculous. I went for pre employment 3 times, this is the first time I actually made it to medical and now it’s something else. 

Any update

1 hour ago, CA93 said:

Any update

Nope nothing yet, this is really crazy. Passed pre employment, passed medical, took my photo, and they will “have a manager review my application and call me”. I’m going down there tomorrow to inquire 

23 minutes ago, Youngking said:

Nope nothing yet, this is really crazy. Passed pre employment, passed medical, took my photo, and they will “have a manager review my application and call me”. I’m going down there tomorrow to inquire 

There a week left before class hopefully they get in contact with you.  Have you tried emailing them 

3 hours ago, CA93 said:

There a week left before class hopefully they get in contact with you.  Have you tried emailing them 

What the best email. I been searching the net for number and emails and can’t find the right one 

13 hours ago, Youngking said:

What the best email. I been searching the net for number and emails and can’t find the right one 

I believe it’s this email 

LMACustomerService@dcas.nyc.gov 

1 hour ago, Kamen Rider said:

That’s the email for getting your list number reinstated. Youngking would need to get in contact with the pre-employment staff directly at Perepont street.

Do you have any phone number or email for that department 

On 4/12/2024 at 10:02 PM, Youngking said:

This has been the most frustrating hiring process in my life. I feel like giving up. I go for medical today. Everything was good medical was cleared and qualified. I go upstairs to take my photo, all good. Now I go back down to hand in my application for it to get processed so I can move on to get fingerprints and they tell me my application has to be reviewed and there are no managers on site today and since it’s past 4pm they’ll have to contact me on when to come back. No specific date or time frame just they will reach out to you on when to return. So I’m supposed to just wait around and put my life on pause and wait around until the moment they call me and tell me when to return. It’s really ridiculous. I went for pre employment 3 times, this is the first time I actually made it to medical and now it’s something else. 

You should go down there tomorrow. You would be surprised what happens when your there face to face. 

hi guys. i applied this year and paid the application fee. they told me the test date is 5/17 but got no email of test confirmation and date yet... its less than a month away??? is the test all multiple choice??? how much time do i get and how many questions??? any advice on how to prepare for it??? i heard the signs and some terminology were tough...like either u know it or u dont n will have end up guessing.

7 hours ago, FourYou said:

hi guys. i applied this year and paid the application fee. they told me the test date is 5/17 but got no email of test confirmation and date yet... its less than a month away??? is the test all multiple choice??? how much time do i get and how many questions??? any advice on how to prepare for it??? i heard the signs and some terminology were tough...like either u know it or u dont n will have end up guessing.

it should be about 100 multiple choice and I believe you have 3 hours for it all

21 hours ago, FourYou said:

It's 60 questions, might go up to 70 this exam. It's all personality quiz, with a few train schedule questions. 

Automatic Train Operation is now in effect (ATO) in the Queens Korridor all four Lines....

A TSS must "refresh" the TO at Continental then off ya go .

Just make sure ya keep pushing that Button every 20 seconds lol...  

From speaking to a few coworkers that difference is felt...

Especially Going SB into Grand on D1 track oh boy ....

Edited by RTOMan

7 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Automatic Train Operation is now in effect (ATO) in the Queens Korridor all four Lines....

Takes the fun out of it. Nothing like hitting grand full speed and feeling like the train is gonna fly out to keep your underwear moist. 

On 4/20/2024 at 10:28 AM, RTOMan said:

do you think unmanned trains will soon be realistic? 

Edited by drob

2 hours ago, drob said:

do you think unmanned trains will soon be realistic? 

If it does not in my time in this area....

Which is less than three years god willing..

My take? ATO with two crew members "Train Workers one and two" CBTC already Enables the CR and there's Software for the Doors to open by themselves already....

Those words are already on our pay stubs train worker one and two..

One is a TO and two is a CR the difference is A T/O can do a C/Rs Job (OPTO).

Edited by RTOMan

Hello,I was called back in Oct last year for pre employment in which I didn't go through with it, then decided to add my name back on the list a month ago. Knowing that this current list will expire in September 2024 do you think it's possible of being called before then 

List number is 74##

Thank you 

42 minutes ago, Mohamed said:

Hello,I was called back in Oct last year for pre employment in which I didn't go through with it, then decided to add my name back on the list a month ago. Knowing that this current list will expire in September 2024 do you think it's possible of being called before then 

List number is 74##

Thank you 

So they plan to have a class of about 100 train operators almost every month from now till december

Youd have to see if DCAS recertified the list this year or not already

On 4/25/2024 at 8:48 PM, Comrade96 said:

So they plan to have a class of about 100 train operators almost every month from now till december

Youd have to see if DCAS recertified the list this year or not already

The last certified was done in Sept 2023, I think they should be another one coming up. Yea hoping to get called I'm currently a conductor but at the time when they call me I was just about 4 months out and when I went for pre employment they told me I had to resign as a conductor cause I was not done with probation where they could have put me through as a promotional so I'm finishing up with probation next two weeks so I'm hoping they call me before the end of year would be great 👍 

1 hour ago, Mohamed said:

The last certified was done in Sept 2023, I think they should be another one coming up. Yea hoping to get called I'm currently a conductor but at the time when they call me I was just about 4 months out and when I went for pre employment they told me I had to resign as a conductor cause I was not done with probation where they could have put me through as a promotional so I'm finishing up with probation next two weeks so I'm hoping they call me before the end of year would be great 👍 

you were not going to be put through as a promotional if you were still a probie, they dont do that

Unless the test gets extended again its set to expire in Sept 

Posted (edited)

Listen if i gotta say it again so be it because we was all new once..

Yet ill say some of it in caps so i can make my point clear...

FOLKS if you DO NOT UNDERSTAND what is asked of you regarding a move..

ASK ASK ASK...

IF you DID NOT EVER DO A MOVE you are asked to do..

SAY YOU DO NOT KNOW THE MOVE..

You'll be shown and or helped with no problem..

Some folks get on a train and get a brain fart and the first thing(s) is..

"I DONT KNOW" OR "I WAS NEVER TOLD"...

Its better talking to a second party before than a third party after...

Edited by RTOMan

10 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Listen if i gotta say it again so be it because we was all new once..

Yet ill say some of it in caps so i can make my point clear...

FOLKS if you DO NOT UNDERSTAND what is asked of you regarding a move..

ASK ASK ASK...

IF you DID NOT EVER DO A MOVE you are asked to do..

SAY YOU DO NOT KNOW THE MOVE..

You'll be shown and or helped with no problem..

Some folks get on a train and get a brain fart and the first thing(s) is..

"I DONT KNOW" OR "I WAS NEVER TOLD"...

Its better talking to a second party before than a third party after...

Details please,  dont leave us hanging!!!