ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

On 5/6/2024 at 10:22 PM, Justlikejoey91 said:

How about tattoos hey dre lmk if they call u for pt 2 i go in may 17 for my drug test 

I got called today to come in for medical may 10 bro !

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Justlikejoey91 said:

Lmk how that go and congratulations on the next step

Appreciate it bro, same to you aswell. Like others have said i wouldnt mention the sleep apnea, let them figure it out.

1 hour ago, Dreee said:

Appreciate it bro, same to you aswell. Like others have said i wouldnt mention the sleep apnea, let them figure it out.

Yea i just figured i can get a note now and show them rather then be put on hold i already have a cpap device and dont use it but let me get past phase 1 first

22 minutes ago, Justlikejoey91 said:

Yea i just figured i can get a note now and show them rather then be put on hold i already have a cpap device and dont use it but let me get past phase 1 first

If you tell them then you have to get a sleep test to show how severe. Then you have to use the machine for 2 months and after bring the report showing you used it more than 70 percent of the time. All that will cost you months. 

If they're already being treated for it and they can bring documentation from their doctor showing all their diagnosis and their consistent use of treatment, then they really don't need to go through all that. 

6 hours ago, Justlikejoey91 said:

and dont use it

start using it. NOW. 

9 minutes ago, Kamen Rider said:

If they're already being treated for it and they can bring documentation from their doctor showing all their diagnosis and their consistent use of treatment, then they really don't need to go through all that. 

start using it. NOW. 

I agree with Kamen Rider, get a head start on those 30 days of usage that they need

Ya can go ahead and not mention the sleep apnea if u have it, but they will measure your neck and weigh u. If your BMI is high and your neck measures a certain amount, doesn't matter if you say you don't have it they will still put u on hold until u either prove u don't have it or show them 60 days of CPAP usage. 

If you are borderline overweight i would say go on a diet and workout. Males can lose weight very fast at the beginning and you may just lose the right amount to put u right under those thresholds.

If you are very overweight I'd suggest going on the diet and exercise regime anyway for your health but I would also say start using the machine now before they even call u so u don't waste time.

I got placed on hold for it and cleared it and then last year when I had my next medical they didn't even mention the apnea because I lost weight.

Health is wealth people take care of yourselves.

Long day , got there at 9:30am and left around 5:40pm ish .  It was two of us left  lol .. started the process in nov 2022  .. don’t give up if you want it. 

1 hour ago, drob said:

Long day , got there at 9:30am and left around 5:40pm ish .  It was two of us left  lol .. started the process in nov 2022  .. don’t give up if you want it. 

I wish u luck u got this you n dre going to be in the same class its your turn

18 hours ago, beanz said:

Ya can go ahead and not mention the sleep apnea if u have it, but they will measure your neck and weigh u. If your BMI is high and your neck measures a certain amount, doesn't matter if you say you don't have it they will still put u on hold until u either prove u don't have it or show them 60 days of CPAP usage. 

If you are borderline overweight i would say go on a diet and workout. Males can lose weight very fast at the beginning and you may just lose the right amount to put u right under those thresholds.

If you are very overweight I'd suggest going on the diet and exercise regime anyway for your health but I would also say start using the machine now before they even call u so u don't waste time.

I got placed on hold for it and cleared it and then last year when I had my next medical they didn't even mention the apnea because I lost weight.

Health is wealth people take care of yourselves.

They do continuous medicals every year ? I thought it was just once ? 

17 minutes ago, Youngking said:

A misconception that has got some folks caught up...

If they see a condition and they hold you for it Sugar, Pressure, hearing ,sight or Sleep apnea(if its severe)...

You get a Revisit every six months and then your Medical so its two visits a year not one.

Some folks go to that revisit with no paperwork from their doctors saying their condition is under control then they enter the land of medical restriction..

A Land which is no Fun your tours, days off belong to the crew office and they'll send you anywhere anytime working yard or switching jobs..

Its fools gold take it from someone who has been that road due to my sugar a road which ill never travel again I'm keeping this under control...

47 minutes ago, Youngking said:

U have to visit the mac every year. Sometimes it's just for a hearing test and then to do some training on hazmat and that kind of thing on the computer but every 2 years it's for a full checkup. As rtoman said if u have a condition u have to come even more often to make sure it's under control.

I did Day 1 of Pre-employment and got placed on medical hold for sleep apnea when I went back for Day 2. I’m getting my CPAP machine tomorrow and will have to use it for 30 days to show It’s being treated. I’m praying after this I can clear this hold and keep my process moving. Take care of your health because like others have said in here they really do hold you to whatever condition you’re dealing with. Good luck to all!

On 5/10/2024 at 9:45 AM, RTOMan said:

A misconception that has got some folks caught up...

If they see a condition and they hold you for it Sugar, Pressure, hearing ,sight or Sleep apnea(if its severe)...

You get a Revisit every six months and then your Medical so its two visits a year not one.

Some folks go to that revisit with no paperwork from their doctors saying their condition is under control then they enter the land of medical restriction..

A Land which is no Fun your tours, days off belong to the crew office and they'll send you anywhere anytime working yard or switching jobs..

Its fools gold take it from someone who has been that road due to my sugar a road which ill never travel again I'm keeping this under control...

So during a routine checkup in the MAC, if one fails an annual hearing test, will Transit put the T/O as no-work-available until he gets a hearing aid, etc?
Or what if a T/O has high blood pressure and he cannot get it down even with medication?  Will T/O be fired or demoted?

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, SchoolCarMasochist said:

So during a routine checkup in the MAC, if one fails an annual hearing test, will Transit put the T/O as no-work-available until he gets a hearing aid, etc?
Or what if a T/O has high blood pressure and he cannot get it down even with medication?  Will T/O be fired or demoted?

They'll just ask you to go to a doctor for paperwork saying that you can do the Job and the condition is under control..

They will give you a timetable when to come back...

Yes you will be restricted until it gets cleared up meaning station switching and yard for for TOs, for CRs its Platform or the Mail Job..

That's why i tell anyone here GET your Own Doctor even before hired dont expect CityMD to help...

Again dont be fooled saying "Oh im off the road i got it easy" No its not..

They will send you all over change the tours as well if you are XX  then they can change them RDOs as well.

Edited by RTOMan

17 hours ago, af105 said:

I did Day 1 of Pre-employment and got placed on medical hold for sleep apnea when I went back for Day 2. I’m getting my CPAP machine tomorrow and will have to use it for 30 days to show It’s being treated. I’m praying after this I can clear this hold and keep my process moving. Take care of your health because like others have said in here they really do hold you to whatever condition you’re dealing with. Good luck to all!

glad to see that you got your machine in a timely manner, there was a shortage of em in 2022 and it took a while to get mine