ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

9 hours ago, SuspiciousTSSspy said:

Can't we all just get along?  We're going to get through this together my brothers!  We are all in this together.  Carry on, carry on.  Just another neighborhood friendly TSS strolling by.

I suspect whatever the TSSes, ATDs, TDs, and MS1/2s receive in their currently super delayed contract will reflect what we could possibly see. If SSSA gets weak raises, don't expect us to do better. I get the strange feeling that they're going to play the long game with everybody and hold out for as long as possible in order to repay us with inflated retro checks.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, JGar2023 said:

That’s the way others make it seem to be, but I ain’t worried about none of that. To each its own, a job is a job. Every job has it’s pros & cons. Everyone has a different perspective on how they see or do things. I will go with the flow when the time comes.

Pay them folks no mind because if they could find something better..

They wouldn't be here but they cant find anything better..

Metro North is hiring though and some of yall think RTO XX Life is bad, ha Metro North XX life is worse and it takes YEARS to pick a steady gig...

5 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Pay them folks no mind because if they could find something better..

They wouldn't be here but they cant find anything better..

Metro North is hiring though and some of yall think RTO XX Life is bad, ha Metro North XX life is worse and it takes YEARS to pick a steady gig...

I read that metro north test is super hard too. 

On 1/4/2023 at 2:24 AM, Keikyu Motorman said:

I suspect whatever the TSSes, ATDs, TDs, and MS1/2s receive in their currently super delayed contract will reflect what we could possibly see. If SSSA gets weak raises, don't expect us to do better. I get the strange feeling that they're going to play the long game with everybody and hold out for as long as possible in order to repay us with inflated retro checks.

Bingo they did it before...

They'll do it again...

BTW for those folks hearing that "Strike" Talk pay it no mind because its not happening...

Not the same Union it was in 2005...

On 12/27/2022 at 4:27 PM, Jericho said:

Ok, so yea you're going to have to wait for another class to be sworn in. The one that started yesterday must've filled up already.

FINALLY ....went in Thursday 630am

After getting a good push from a Doctor who paid attention to my records he pushed me forward saying your clear to go why do they want you to do this over?

Got my slip and then the new fun began but after all that was photod finger printed and handed my handbook and class, January 30th

1 hour ago, ealfinez said:

FINALLY ....went in Thursday 630am

After getting a good push from a Doctor who paid attention to my records he pushed me forward saying your clear to go why do they want you to do this over?

Got my slip and then the new fun began but after all that was photod finger printed and handed my handbook and class, January 30th

Told ya they'd put you in the Jan  Class...

As for the other nonsense welcome to 20 something years of it you'll adjust quickly especially when you look at that nice paycheck every two weeks...

42 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

Told ya they'd put you in the Jan  Class...

As for the other nonsense welcome to 20 something years of it you'll adjust quickly especially when you look at that nice paycheck every two weeks...

All that matters is getting in SC studying and remaining focused period. I font care about people's attitudes or complaints so long as I stick to executing I'm GUCCI.

The process is a bit morbid is all but hey here I go...

3 minutes ago, ealfinez said:

All that matters is getting in SC studying and remaining focused period. I font care about people's attitudes or complaints so long as I stick to executing I'm GUCCI.

The process is a bit morbid is all but hey here I go...

That’s the mentality you need. Focus on yourself and securing your career first.
However, don’t be a lone wolf and underestimate the benefits of study groups with like-minded classmates. A cohesive class tends to do better than a divisive one because of the support structure that’s built amongst them. 
Remember to study something everyday at home during schoolcar. If you do that, I guarantee that you’ll pass with flying colors.

1 hour ago, Jay-Oh said:

That’s the mentality you need. Focus on yourself and securing your career first.
However, don’t be a lone wolf and underestimate the benefits of study groups with like-minded classmates. A cohesive class tends to do better than a divisive one because of the support structure that’s built amongst them. 
Remember to study something everyday at home during schoolcar. If you do that, I guarantee that you’ll pass with flying colors.

Oh I'm all for TEAM because in this setting having this cohesiveness will lead to more success for the group. I'm getting that from my people on the job..

It's been etched in my mind but I won't give the negative Nellis my energy. 

7 minutes ago, ealfinez said:

Oh I'm all for TEAM because in this setting having this cohesiveness will lead to more success for the group. I'm getting that from my people on the job..

Very good. I look forward to posting you if you ever go worktrains. 

27 minutes ago, ealfinez said:

if you bump into me i absorb negative energies so well and i crave it.  please don't hesitate to purge those feelings on me.  I'm like a malignant tumor on the road.  
it's good to purge once in a while because once you graduate school car the screw office will ***Extremely Negative Comment Censored*** 

25 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

can you G2 into your way into C div?  or do i have to wait until i'm drafted like a lotto?
it's less stress right?  compared to be on the mad max road

It is a picked job where you need at least 2 years in title before you can go sub-C if I recall correctly. The only other way around it is if they have a severe shortage of miscellaneous T/O’s and draft you. I have heard of people putting in G2’s requesting to transfer to worktrains, but I don’t believe they were approved. 

Stress levels are all subjective, what I may find relaxing - you might find stressful. I can only tell you if I like it or not; I do. 

2 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

It is a picked job where you need at least 2 years in title before you can go sub-C if I recall correctly. The only other way around it is if they have a severe shortage of miscellaneous T/O’s and draft you. I have heard of people putting in G2’s requesting to transfer to worktrains, but I don’t believe they were approved. 

Stress levels are all subjective, what I may find relaxing - you might find stressful. I can only tell you if I like it or not; I do. 

is there a timetable for Cdiv?  stressors such as making ur intervals, station over-runs, dealing with RCC, the risk of smacking signals, dealing with the garbage folks, EDPs, etc.  those type of stressors is what i meant

Just now, trackerjack said:

is there a timetable for Cdiv?  stressors such as making ur intervals, station over-runs, dealing with RCC, the risk of smacking signals, dealing with the garbage folks, EDPs, etc.  those type of stressors is what i meant

Oh....and also is it more/less healthier? with the diesel fumes, etc

36 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

There are no real timetables, you just need to leave the yard and report to a G.O. by a certain time and leave the G.O. by a certain time. You will need to deal with RCC, you will also be operating mainline tracks so there is the possibility of hitting a signal. You will not need to deal with customers, but you will need to deal with other employees from MOW and contractors. EDPs are still around, though not on your train. The diesel fumes are not healthy, but you’re issued a respirator so you can use that if you want. 
It’s long hours on the PMs, you will not be home often, and your family will complain that your clothes smell like diesel. 

3 hours ago, trackerjack said:

if you bump into me i absorb negative energies so well and i crave it.  please don't hesitate to purge those feelings on me.  I'm like a malignant tumor on the road.  
it's good to purge once in a while because once you graduate school car the screw office will ***Extremely Negative Comment Censored*** 

Ayyyyoooo... this didn't really read well from the gate but I got you🤣🤣🤣

17 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

There are no real timetables, you just need to leave the yard and report to a G.O. by a certain time and leave the G.O. by a certain time. You will need to deal with RCC, you will also be operating mainline tracks so there is the possibility of hitting a signal. You will not need to deal with customers, but you will need to deal with other employees from MOW and contractors. EDPs are still around, though not on your train. The diesel fumes are not healthy, but you’re issued a respirator so you can use that if you want. 
It’s long hours on the PMs, you will not be home often, and your family will complain that your clothes smell like diesel. 

omg....the clothes and bags can stay in the foyer  

Only on a Night i can't sleep and going through my emails and see i received email telling me to come to my medical appointment on Monday at 630am. I would of never noticed the email because mta was not in the subject line 🤷🏽‍♀️ well I'm definitely excited thank god i looked on time because i would of been highly upset to miss this opportunity I've been waiting on for months ! Also since i just noticed the email I'm not able to get a money order since P.O. are closed on sundays! Will they let me get a money order at the medical interview 

Edited by Nyhoneydip

53 minutes ago, Nyhoneydip said:

Only on a Night i can't sleep and going through my emails and see i received email telling me to come to my medical appointment on Monday at 630am. I would of never noticed the email because mta was not in the subject line 🤷🏽‍♀️ well I'm definitely excited thank god i looked on time because i would of been highly upset to miss this opportunity I've been waiting on for months ! Also since i just noticed the email I'm not able to get a money order since P.O. are closed on sundays! Will they let me get a money order at the medical interview 

i'm sure there is a USPS somewhere near 180 Liv.  so yea just get it before ur appt.  or sneak out for lunch and get it.   

1 hour ago, Nyhoneydip said:

Go to the Farley Post Office in Manhattan on 8th Ave & 33rd Street across from MSG. They're open from 11 AM to 7 PM on Sundays.