ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

36 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

oh....so don't even try to bid for it if i'm under 2 years?
does the Refuse train count as Div-C??  
MW  =  Div C correct?

Refuse is part of Miscellaneous, yes.

10 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Minimum of two years to get in yes. In the end, all you need to know is, if you think you have it bad now, you definitely will not like work trains XL/XX. It's XX on meth.

It’s not for everyone that’s for damned sure. The only picked job (that I know of) where you can report to both A and B division locations in the same week. 
Living in Brooklyn and having been B division my entire career, then getting told to report to 241st was crazy.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Nyhoneydip said:

Only on a Night i can't sleep and going through my emails and see i received email telling me to come to my medical appointment on Monday at 630am. I would of never noticed the email because mta was not in the subject line 🤷🏽‍♀️ well I'm definitely excited thank god i looked on time because i would of been highly upset to miss this opportunity I've been waiting on for months ! Also since i just noticed the email I'm not able to get a money order since P.O. are closed on sundays! Will they let me get a money order at the medical interview 

Did you go for pre-employment last week (the week of Jan 1)?

On 1/3/2023 at 1:26 PM, Fedrali360 said:

Wow smh guess I still have some waiting to do !! List #55xx 3 months since pre employment and nothing yet??? 

Wassup, just an update. I received an email to show up this week for pre employment again. My initial pre employment was 9/16

10 minutes ago, CPark11 said:

Hello all.    I just received a 2nd email as well to come in again on Thursday.  I already had a pre-employment back in 9/16/22.  

Do I need to bring all documents again?

Re print the entire application and sign. Bring all required documents as well. I was 9/13 pre employment, did it again 1/6/23 and going in for medical 1/13/23. I am in for January 30th class. See ya soon! 

2 minutes ago, Kaax said:

Re print the entire application and sign. Bring all required documents as well. I was 9/13 pre employment, did it again 1/6/23 and going in for medical 1/13/23. I am in for January 30th class. See ya soon! 

Do I have to fill out the employment part as well? I’m don’t see to remember the exact dates I put on the first.

47 minutes ago, jbolanos said:

I also received the email to report on Thursday. So should I start giving my current employer my 2 week notice?

So fyi....

I was called in Thursday on Wednesday, was asked if I could make a Monday class.

I said yes. Went in for medical after already doing a second drug test week prior. I was there the entire day till 1630.

Showed up for work Monday.

Word of advice..... Wait till they officially tell you your start date. And only then..... Give notice. 

My opinion, if you do what you are supposed to do, you this will be your last job you will need. Don't worry about giving short notice to last job.... This is the job.... period!!

Finally as of today i got my start date on 1/30 and can i say I'm in shock! I went to do medical today and was there since 630 to alittle after 2 and finished the whole process! Thank you to everyone that responded to my questions and all the info that was shared! I can't wait to start this new journey! And for all of those who are about to start don't quit your job! Try to go on leave and see if the job is for you before completely leaving! Again good luck and hopefully i see some of you on the first day of training 

On 1/8/2023 at 2:14 PM, trackerjack said:

heeey hell yea!! i don't wanna be PUSHED AROUND.  hell no - we wont go!!
but yea......it was so satisfying few days ago these two TOs ganged up on this dispatcher who was clearly out of line / out of his jurisdiction / and being foul and disrespectful

Has nothing to do with  some folks complaining about being sent to places to work...

12 hours ago, Albertbklyn said:

My opinion, if you do what you are supposed to do, you this will be your last job you will need. Don't worry about giving short notice to last job.... This is the job.... period!!

Only if one is expecting to deal with some sacrifice because there will be some indeed if not and one is "expecting" to be treated like others who got it better(because that's the bottom line here  some folks can sugar coat it all they want) then don't bother...

Like I'm seeing a lot lately...

You'd think some folks never worked in their lives...

On 1/10/2023 at 8:57 AM, RTOMan said:

Only if one is expecting to deal with some sacrifice because there will be some indeed if not and one is "expecting" to be treated like others who got it better(because that's the bottom line here  some folks can sugar coat it all they want) then don't bother...

I hear that....guess that's why the turn around is high.

On 1/10/2023 at 8:57 AM, RTOMan said:

I don’t think that’s the proper way to think about it. The newer generation coming into the job just doesn’t want to put up with the bs. It’s not about laziness, it’s about not being treated like just another number. This is just what I gleaned from talking to our coworkers who have less than 3 years on the job.
Of course, there are people who complain baselessly, but I agree to an extent to them questioning why the work environment can be so hostile at times. 
Saying “it’s just how it is”, “there is no logic in transit” and “that’s what we all went through” isn’t a valid response to them questioning the archaic system we work in anymore. Hardship does not directly equate to hard work, if that makes sense. 
Again, there most certainly are lazy people who just don’t want to work, but the ones who make legitimate and reasonable complaints tend to get, unfairly, mixed in with them. 

I’m happy to say that it seems the work culture is changing slowly but surely, with the newer generation of supervisors and managers moving up the ranks and trying to affect positive change.