ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/7/2023 at 11:31 AM, ealfinez said:

FINALLY ....went in Thursday 630am

After getting a good push from a Doctor who paid attention to my records he pushed me forward saying your clear to go why do they want you to do this over?

Got my slip and then the new fun began but after all that was photod finger printed and handed my handbook and class, January 30th

I heard January 30th going to be last class for this list.

2 minutes ago, JGar2023 said:

Oh damn, that sucks. Why do they keep making people come in for pre employment if Jan 30th is the last class for this list.

I dont know, what i heard from other people, they going to have T.O promo exam on Jan. And now they gonna call for the promo people

1 hour ago, JK1130 said:

I dont know, what i heard from other people, they going to have T.O promo exam on Jan. And now they gonna call for the promo people

Take everything you hear down here with a grain of salt. I checked the exam website and there’s no promotional T/O exam listed. 
Even if a supervisor or superintendent tells you something, it’s not guaranteed until it’s confirmed by the proper sources (like 180 Livingston). 
There are rumors of a T/O exam in 2023, but as of now there’s nothing to support that.

TA already decided on their exam schedule for the first quarter of 2023. There may or may not be a promotional by the end of the year (June to December) but definitely this list would have to be terminated next year in 2024. So anywhere from the mid point of this year to 2024  there may be a new filing but it will have to be a promotional test first. As for the whole open competitive no longer being available theory that may entirely be false considering how promotional exams in TA have been going for the last few years especially after the giant disaster with the TSS exam.

45 minutes ago, Biggie said:

TA already decided on their exam schedule for the first quarter of 2023. There may or may not be a promotional by the end of the year (June to December) but definitely this list would have to be terminated next year in 2024. So anywhere from the mid point of this year to 2024  there may be a new filing but it will have to be a promotional test first. As for the whole open competitive no longer being available theory that may entirely be false considering how promotional exams in TA have been going for the last few years especially after the giant disaster with the TSS exam.

I keep on hearing people down here say that "Oh, this will be the last o/c t/o exam." And I'm like, "Well, how do you know what TA is going to do, unless you see something official in writing?"

And keep in mind, they would be losing a lot of free money going back to promotional only testing. They know that most people either won't pass the test or won't score high enough to ever get called. But guess who keeps your exam fees regardless?

Hi, I Hope everyone is doing well and congratulations to the newly appointed  T/Os.

As for the people still going through the pre employment process, I just got off the phone with the employment center 347-643-8217. I was told that as of right now it's no scheduled upcoming classes. Transit has to send the test back out to the city to get re-certified (meaning, for additional classes). 

The lady also informed me that this test Is valid until September 2023, So keep your hopes up and stay positive. 

11 hours ago, J Cooper said:

Hi, I Hope everyone is doing well and congratulations to the newly appointed  T/Os.

As for the people still going through the pre employment process, I just got off the phone with the employment center 347-643-8217. I was told that as of right now it's no scheduled upcoming classes. Transit has to send the test back out to the city to get re-certified (meaning, for additional classes). 

The lady also informed me that this test Is valid until September 2023, So keep your hopes up and stay positive. 

I did my drug test 11/30. When do you think I’ll get called back for medical 

9 hours ago, Youngking said:

I did my drug test 11/30. When do you think I’ll get called back for medical 

I would look back a few pages in this thread and compare your list number to the ones that passed medical to have an idea of how close your are.

On 1/16/2023 at 9:21 PM, Biggie said:

As for the whole open competitive no longer being available theory that may entirely be false considering how promotional exams in TA have been going for the last few years especially after the giant disaster with the TSS exam.

So lets think out of the Box for a second..

Last time the TA had a Promo exam and its crashed and burned was the TO Test back in the 90s..

Which lead to what?

Open Competitive TOs starting down here I was in one of the first classes...

Will TA go that route with TSS?

They already got RCIs down here with no experience with trains what so ever..

18 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Will TA go that route with TSS?

I think a few other systems have done the same with dispatchers, but TSS feels like a different game given their hands-on role within the system. It's possible, but I definitely feel you should have some time on the job before you're allowed to sit for that exam. At least five years in RTO, IMHO.

On 1/16/2023 at 9:21 PM, Biggie said:

Can you elaborate on "the giant disaster on the tss exam" ?

Inquiring minds ....

46 minutes ago, Albertbklyn said:

Can you elaborate on "the giant disaster on the tss exam" ?

Inquiring minds ....

They changed the parameters of the exam a week before the exam date. The scoring criteria were overhauled and changed to something completely different from all past exams. 
Normally exams are 80 questions, where you need to score at least 70% to pass. With the TSS exam, they changed it to 101 questions and made 3 separately scored portions. 
You had to pass part 1 in order to qualify to score part 2, then you had to pass parts 1 and 2 to have your essay scored. 
At any point, if you failed part 1 or 2, you failed the whole test. 
The first part of the exam was technical knowledge of the trains, system, and rules. However, the second part is where people are upset, it was more like a test for current TSS’ instead of TO’s trying to become TSS’. 

Edit: Also, they had people taking the exam a whole week after the first two test days. The exam questions were almost all the same, just in different order, so people with friends who took the test before them had the heads up on a lot of questions.

Edited by Jay-Oh

2 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

They changed the parameters of the exam a week before the exam date. The scoring criteria were overhauled and changed to something completely different from all past exams. 
Normally exams are 80 questions, where you need to score at least 70% to pass. With the TSS exam, they changed it to 101 questions and made 3 separately scored portions. 
You had to pass part 1 in order to qualify to score part 2, then you had to pass parts 1 and 2 to have your essay scored. 
At any point, if you failed part 1 or 2, you failed the whole test. 
The first part of the exam was technical knowledge of the trains, system, and rules. However, the second part is where people are upset, it was more like a test for current TSS’ instead of TO’s trying to become TSS’. 

Edit: Also, they had people taking the exam a whole week after the first two test days. The exam questions were almost all the same, just in different order, so people with friends who took the test before them had the heads up on a lot of questions.

The M.S Exam for Track was also set up in this new format. 101 questions with a G2 being the essay, wouldn't surprise me if that's the new criteria going forward on all supervisor exams.

On 1/21/2023 at 3:43 AM, Keikyu Motorman said:

I think a few other systems have done the same with dispatchers, but TSS feels like a different game given their hands-on role within the system. It's possible, but I definitely feel you should have some time on the job before you're allowed to sit for that exam. At least five years in RTO, IMHO.

I agree but we got TSSs down here with Not even Five years...

I think some of em are in Schoolcar just knowing the Job and teaching someone about the Job...

On 1/17/2023 at 11:34 AM, J Cooper said:

Hey praying this is true and thanks for the info. Been waiting for transit to get the re-certified list from DCAS as I was reinstated to the list last summer confirm by Ms. Vargas at 23** so hoping to be called soon then 

* * * CRICKETS!! * * *
too quiet in here...... 
ok fine i'll make a comment.

Don't come here!!-- the new work program is  * * * Unbelievably Uneccessary Foul Unclassy Negative Comment Censored * * *

nah im kidding.  half joking.  half serious.
anyways. are there new classes coming out?  i'm wondering cuz they cut the Sat Sun jobs so i don't think they'll be hiring anymore TOs for this year.  but it's Transit so it's not logical right?
Or are they still hiring?  we need more XX!!!!!  please don't let us drown in these 10 trippers all alone.  we will die

5 hours ago, trackerjack said:

* * * CRICKETS!! * * *
too quiet in here...... 
ok fine i'll make a comment.

Don't come here!!-- the new work program is  * * * Unbelievably Uneccessary Foul Unclassy Negative Comment Censored * * *

nah im kidding.  half joking.  half serious.
anyways. are there new classes coming out?  i'm wondering cuz they cut the Sat Sun jobs so i don't think they'll be hiring anymore TOs for this year.  but it's Transit so it's not logical right?
Or are they still hiring?  we need more XX!!!!!  please don't let us drown in these 10 trippers all alone.  we will die

You know they removed the new work program for the A from tens. Waiting to see what happens next. 

Don't worry about that "Work program" it violates the Pick process..

Got to have ONE daily Job(RDO Relief is a daily job) a Saturday Job and a Sunday Job (Depending on your days off).

So its thrown in the trash....

So some of yall can back away from the Cliff...

Ok back to your regularly Scheduled programming...

Edited by RTOMan