Taking a look at the 96th St station on the Second Avenue Subway

Dj Hammers

It's look pretty bland for a new state of the art subway station. It's a shame that after billions of dollars we get the bare minimum one should expect based on 2016 industrial standards and codes.

I think it's just fine. It's pretty modern and minimalist. The "cuomoification" is blatantly showing, but I think it looks great.

The one quirk that I don't like is that blue art wall kinda looks like its a construction wall at first glance :/

Looks good for the first few days, looking at it long feels really.... nothing special, I mean other than the artwork. When you compare a picture of Hudson Yards and 96 Street they look almost identical minus the incline elevator. but i guess we should be happy that something opens and lets hope phase II starts soon.

It's look pretty bland for a new state of the art subway station. It's a shame that after billions of dollars we get the bare minimum one should expect based on 2016 industrial standards and codes.

I don't see a problem with the station. Yes it looks similar to Hudsons yards and the other 2nd Ave line stations but this is the design choice of this era. If you take a look at the IND stations ex. Queens Blvd Line, Fulton Street/ several 6th and 8th Ave stations most of them have the same design. 67th street looks exactly the same as for example Liberty Ave on the Fulton Line. It was simply the choice of design for that time.

For the price tag it sure as hell is bland, but maybe that will mean that it will be easier to renovate when that time comes... What I want to see is how well this station holds up.  If it looks like Fulton Street (filthy with doors that barely open after a billion dollars was thrown at it) then I'd say it's a failure.

Archived