Christie, family soak up sun on N.J. beach he closed to public

DaTransitMan4608

BERKELEY TOWNSHIP -- People hoping to visit Island Beach State Park this holiday weekend were not allowed in because of the state government shutdown Gov. Chris Christie ordered amid the state budget standoff in Trenton. 

But there was one family there: Christie's. They are using the summer beach house provided by the state for a weekend down the Shore.

And here are exclusive aerial photos by NJ Advance Media showing Christie surrounded by wife, Mary Pat Christie, and others. 

It was taken early Sunday afternoon before the governor headed to Trenton to hold another news conference about the shutdown.

At that news conference, Christie was asked if he got any sun Sunday.

"I didn't," he said. "I didn't get any sun today." 

When later told of the photo, Brian Murray, the governor's spokesman, said: "Yes, the governor was on the beach briefly today talking to his wife and family before heading into the office."

"He did not get any sun," Murray added. "He had a baseball hat on."

Christie, who first disclosed his weekend plans on Monday, said Sunday he was taking the state helicopter to go back and forth between Island Beach State Park and Trenton. 

"I traveled there and I traveled back and I'll travel back again," Christie said. "That's where my family is sleeping, so that's where I'll sleep tonight. When I have a choice between sleeping with my family, and sleeping alone, I generally like to sleep where my family is."

Christie told reporters Saturday that the the beach house is separate from the park and that his family will not ask for any state services. 

Asked if this is fair, Christie said Saturday: "Run for governor, and you can have a residence there."

But critics have taken Christie to task for the situation on social media.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/07/christie_pictured_at_island_beach_state_park_durin.html#incart_2box_nj-homepage-featured

Christie: "I didn't get any sun today, I had a baseball hat on."

NJ: "I dIdn'T gEt AnY sUn tOdaY, I hAd a bAseBaLL hAT oN."

spongebobicon.jpg

I heard about this on the news this morning.  People were furious, and I'm sure they'll be even more pissed seeing this.

It's pretty much gotten to the point where he just doesn't give a s**t anymore. Like I said in the other forum, y'all can clown Cuomo all you want, but be thankful you have him and not Christie. 

I mean, he is approaching the end of his term anyways. I don't think he's gonna really care at this point, especially with what he's been involved with in the past few years.

This is the Governor's home anyway (one of two), and he's allowed to be there. He even said that he would be there regardless of what happened, so the media is making a big to-do about something he can't control. He's willing to sign legislation to get the deal done, but some folks aren't coming to the table, so it is what it is.

I too have no use for this example of the" holier than thou political leader" who didn't care about his state but had one ambition to become president and thankfully, he did not succeed. If  anything, his myopic view of transportation issues did j so much damage to the region and the economy as his partner in destruction (the emperor) is doing on the opposite side of the river right now. There is a reason that he is not going anywhere and does not care as Christie is more toxic than many of the super fund sites in his state that are being cleaned up right now. He should be thankful to his lucky stars that he was not indicted in Bridgegate as he would now be looking to join cousin Bernie and his friends in Budner, North Carolina for some rest and relaxation. . 

Archived