Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

Chillll bro, I had Jackson and and I loved every minute of it. Especially cause I had him in the summer.

I never said anything was wrong wit jackson personally i know him when he wasnt a foreman i think what he actually doing is a great thing 

24 minutes ago, Djackson2708 said:

I have a question if you did the pre employment process for one position and then was sent a rejection letter saying I was not selected because of the 1 in 3 rule does this affect me with every position I applied for now I’m also in the pre employment process for track worker 

No it will not affect any other position you apply for 

OJT in  Bronx - you will actually work and do physical labor, it will simulate what capital work is actually like. You will learn get a general feel for what actual work is. This is ideal for people who want capital and maintenance. 

Brooklyn OJT - you do nothing. Ideal for cleaning.

*Actually cleaning does more work 

23 hours ago, dman1455 said:

Have they given you your seniority numbers? If so whats the highest number in the class.

My bad.. it’s not that much. More like 30 people. I think 29 to be exact. We haven’t gotten our seniority numbers yet. I’m curious about it. I’ll let you know brother! 

14 hours ago, W0rkBum said:

Who is your instructor? The 40 will be split to 20 to most likely do 4 week training in the bx or bk. Seniority in the class obviously picks first and bk usual fills up first.

Masta Yoda.. he’s great and you’re right. Seems like the Bronx is the least wanted. Perfect for me lol 

Does anyone know how often the Sequence Certification Number gets updated, mine  has been stuck at that number since last year. Given the amount of people they process, the one who says no, the ones who failed drug test, the one who are not vaccinated and can't proceed and the ones who didn't reply to the canvassing letter. 

3 hours ago, Mohamed said:

Does anyone know how often the Sequence Certification Number gets updated, mine  has been stuck at that number since last year. Given the amount of people they process, the one who says no, the ones who failed drug test, the one who are not vaccinated and can't proceed and the ones who didn't reply to the canvassing letter. 

Whenever the current certification expires and they have a need to revist the next pool of candidates.

On 3/23/2022 at 11:00 PM, Rj617 said:

OJT in  Bronx - you will actually work and do physical labor, it will simulate what capital work is actually like. You will learn get a general feel for what actual work is. This is ideal for people who want capital and maintenance. 

Brooklyn OJT - you do nothing. Ideal for cleaning.

*Actually cleaning does more work 

Factor in a fake drill sergeant with bronx OJT, Women with bronx ojt will not have to worry as much as the men

43 minutes ago, W0rkBum said:

Factor in a fake drill sergeant with bronx OJT, Women with bronx ojt will not have to worry as much as the men

Ah, I see what you mean now. A very large portion of the class wants Brooklyn but I’m in a situation where my list number lands within the allotted amount that’ll let me choose either one. Im not a woman so I don’t really wanna be yelled at when learning when I can just go down to coney instead lol

Edited by Zoey

On 3/26/2022 at 4:47 PM, Zoey said:

Ah, I see what you mean now. A very large portion of the class wants Brooklyn but I’m in a situation where my list number lands within the allotted amount that’ll let me choose either one. Im not a woman so I don’t really wanna be yelled at when learning when I can just go down to coney instead lol

How did the picks go?

On 3/30/2022 at 8:21 PM, dman1455 said:

Did you guys get a mini pick? if so what kind of jobs were on the mini pick.

I think the 02/28 class has an answer for that. Us in 03/21 are just now heading to our otj training. We are told we’ll get to pick towards the end. Not sure if that’s usual or not