Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Danny11207 said:

I heard after the 2 weeks at ps248 they give you a test. How’s the test ? Easy ? 

The instructor goes over the material everyday with the class so it’s not hard at all. May seem overwhelming at first but you’ll be alright. It’ll all click and you’ll catch onto it. They don’t expect you to know everything in two weeks. 

1 minute ago, Danny11207 said:

Do you know when you receive your passes ? 

You’ll get it your first day there. They probably won’t tell you this but they give it out in seniority order. First person called is number one. Last person called has the least seniority. At least that’s how it went with our class. 

24 minutes ago, Zoey said:

You’ll get it your first day there. They probably won’t tell you this but they give it out in seniority order. First person called is number one. Last person called has the least seniority. At least that’s how it went with our class. 

Thanks for the heads up lol much appreciated 

On 5/25/2022 at 9:12 AM, Zoey said:

How you like the job soo far ? 

On 5/25/2022 at 7:24 AM, Kaz said:

Is the capital in city ?

it’s wherever the work is. You can have a locker room in Manhattan and be sent to Bronx,Brooklyn, Queens all in one week. 

Than other times you’ll be sent to the same spot close by for weeks in a row. 

Edited by Queensqueens111

With a list number in the 2200's, I was there this morning from approximately 7:30 to 8:15 AM. If anyone saw somebody on the "stocky" side wearing a white polo collared shirt with black jeans with black sneakers, it was me!!

As I reflect on the paperwork that I submitted, one of the things which I regret doing is listing the fact that I failed the 10-Day Bus Operator Training Session back in February of 2014, especially since the bottom of *this post* came to my mind. As a result, at approximately 8:15 AM, one of the employees called me up and stated that since I worked for the agency in a different title, the "Hiring Manager" has to review my paperwork and get back to me. Therefore, I would not be surprised if I get another "1-in-3" letter, respectively.

(*Although I quoted a post which is six years old, why is it that the agency is still using the 1-in-3 rule? Therefore, is it just me, or is this part of the on-going "corruption" within this agency to begin with?*)

Good luck to everyone else out there!!

25 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

With a list number in the 2200's, I was there this morning from approximately 7:30 to 8:15 AM. If anyone saw somebody on the "stocky" side wearing a white polo collared shirt with black jeans with black sneakers, it was me!!

As I reflect on the paperwork that I submitted, one of the things which I regret doing is listing the fact that I failed the 10-Day Bus Operator Training Session back in February of 2014, especially since the bottom of *this post* came to my mind. As a result, at approximately 8:15 AM, one of the employees called me up and stated that since I worked for the agency in a different title, the "Hiring Manager" has to review my paperwork and get back to me. Therefore, I would not be surprised if I get another "1-in-3" letter, respectively.

(*Although I quoted a post which is six years old, why is it that the agency is still using the 1-in-3 rule? Therefore, is it just me, or is this part of the on-going "corruption" within this agency to begin with?*)

Good luck to everyone else out there!!

I mean you never know you may be alright if it was a little while ago the 1 and 3 rule is never going to away in the company at least you didnt lie about the situation, hopefully they hiring manager either retired or promoted thab it wont matter they will hire at this point for trackworkers they need the man power its been alot of promotions and alot of retirements coming up 

28 minutes ago, Chris127 said:

I mean you never know you may be alright if it was a little while ago the 1 and 3 rule is never going to away in the company at least you didnt lie about the situation, hopefully they hiring manager either retired or promoted thab it wont matter they will hire at this point for trackworkers they need the man power its been alot of promotions and alot of retirements coming up 

True...we'll see what happens.

Thanks for the encouraging words, I appreciate it.

This question is not about the topic but would like some information for those that are current MTA employees. 
I applied to a Track Worker position in Staten Island back in 2019. Now i login and see that the status change to Passed PreScreening. What’s the next step for an applicant after the pre screening? I haven’t received a letter or email about this position. TYIA 

6 minutes ago, Bronxster said:

This question is not about the topic but would like some information for those that are current MTA employees. 
I applied to a Track Worker position in Staten Island back in 2019. Now i login and see that the status change to Passed PreScreening. What’s the next step for an applicant after the pre screening? I haven’t received a letter or email about this position. TYIA 

I have jobs that I applied to in 2013 that still say “passed prescreening”  and it’s 2022 if that helps. 

7 minutes ago, Bronxster said:

Yea those positions are a little different to get in with the mta I believe those are interviewed/referenced kind of deals to get in to 

1 minute ago, Chris127 said:

Yea those positions are a little different to get in with the mta I believe those are interviewed/referenced kind of deals to get in to 

Okay. I just want to have an idea if I missed the letter after moving so many times since 2019. I called this number (646) 376-0123 and got service request number and they will follow up in 3-5 weeks with an answer. Thank you for your reply.