Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

3 minutes ago, justaguy said:

well hopefully not explain but it will raise their eyebrow if you know what i’m sayin

I rather that then them being like oh why didn’t you put this job down. Idk at this point I put all the jobs down. Just gonna give it a go. Hope for the best. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Marv said:

Yea. Didn’t realize how many jobs I had lol!!! I don’t even remember half of them. I’m just gonna put ones where I was at least 1yr on the application. Hope they call me back for the 2nd half of the process. Lol

What was the actual process you went through to obtain this? I only ask because I've been told by numerous people "including" the social security administration..that this is a lengthy process. Id appreciate it if you please give me the deets. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, RoyalJD said:

What was the actual process you went through to obtain this? I only ask because I've been told by numerous people "including" the social security administration..that this is a lengthy process. Id appreciate it if you please give me the deets. Thanks.

I just went there told them I need a work history. They said without all the addresses and stuff is free with addresses it was 100$. I chose the 100$ one and they printed it out right there. That was it. 

1 minute ago, Marv said:

I just went there told them I need a work history. They said without all the addresses and stuff is free with addresses it was 100$. I chose the 100$ one and they printed it out right there. That was it. 

Ok. So I'll be able to go into any Social Security Administration building in "ANY" borough to obtain this? I appreciate your response by the way. Thank you for your help. This process I've learned a lot and been getting the run around but I believe it will all pay off for the best in due time.

7 minutes ago, RoyalJD said:

Ok. So I'll be able to go into any Social Security Administration building in "ANY" borough to obtain this? I appreciate your response by the way. Thank you for your help. This process I've learned a lot and been getting the run around but I believe it will all pay off for the best in due time.

As far as I know you should be able to go get it anywhere. I don’t wanna say for sure. But that’s what I did today. 

Just now, RoyalJD said:

Thank you. I'm making my way back down there in the morning. I appreciate you.

No problem. I try to help as much as I can cuz ppl do the same for me. Hope this helps you and good luck if you have anymore questions lmk. If I can help I will. 

On 3/24/2023 at 8:07 PM, Jordan11208 said:

Got the email to go to medical/final processing on 04/03

Anyone know if they pay you during traning?

On 3/27/2023 at 11:12 AM, Marv said:

Can someone tell me exactly where to go to get a complete/full history of there employment history? Have an appointment Wednesday and they want unemployment and everything. So I don’t remember any of that. So don’t wanna hold up the process any longer. Just wanna be able to go there once and have everything from the beginning. And should you get disposition papers from courts from previous arrests? They were a long time ago but idk if they are looking for that also? Thanks

Social security office should help you with employment history. As for disposition papers you should get them just in case. The last thing you want is to be put on hold for months 

10 minutes ago, Jordan11208 said:

Anyone know if they pay during training ? And How much would I expect my pay check to be in any giving week ? 

Yes, I've been told you get paid during training. I believe it's the starting pay whatever that is at the moment. I'm also hearing that your instructor during the 9th day of training will issue you a check. I've been told to make sure you have your direct deposit information ready for when you're doing the final processing. Even though you may provide this information.. EVERYONE gets a check on their 9th day of training. Anything after that, I'm not sure of..but please take into consideration...these are things I've been TOLD...however..as I go through this process...I am learning things on my own as well. I will gladly help anyone else with any information I may gather along the way. 

1 hour ago, Marv said:

Im wearing a suit tomorrow, is that overboard? 

If youre going for pre-employment you dont really have to. The email I got from medical says to come in with business attire… so ig for medical / final processin you have to Not so much as for pre-employment

6 hours ago, Jordan11208 said:

If youre going for pre-employment you dont really have to. The email I got from medical says to come in with business attire… so ig for medical / final processin you have to Not so much as for pre-employment

Just wore pants, shirt and tie. 

6 hours ago, Marv said:

Did you go to social security office? If so how did it go? 

Yes I did go. They told me exactly what you told me. However, I had a situation to handle and I will be back in the morning to retrieve those documents. I'm very thankful for me learning this from you because I was misinformed by other people in the past. Does this document also consist of any time you been on unemployment?  I just want to make sure any documents I submit everything is accurate. How did pre-employment go? 

1 hour ago, RoyalJD said:

Yes I did go. They told me exactly what you told me. However, I had a situation to handle and I will be back in the morning to retrieve those documents. I'm very thankful for me learning this from you because I was misinformed by other people in the past. Does this document also consist of any time you been on unemployment?  I just want to make sure any documents I submit everything is accurate. How did pre-employment go? 

Ok. It doesn’t have unemployment on there. Try to call unemployment or go on department of labor website and you might be able to retrieve it that way. Pre employment was long. But got it done, now begins the waiting game.