Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/24/2023 at 8:10 PM, TW1 said:

You need a class B license with an A permit to bid on the spot, but you will need tanker and hazmat which would allow you to drive while you wait for transit to send you to get your A license

Thanks, much appreciate...

On 4/24/2023 at 12:46 PM, MTA MAC said:

Anyone know what Class A endorsements are needed for fleet? Thanks..

I'm in fleet, if you have any other questions I can try an answer them.

Class A permit with Hazmat/Tank/Tow

They'll take you with just a Class A Permit and a B license and give you some time to get the endorsements.

Types of trucks we drive are Roll Off Containers (Class B), Car Carriers (Class B), Fuel Truck (Class B)

Tractor Trailer (Class A), Dump Trailer (Class A), Low Boy (Class A), Landoll (Class A), Heavy Wrecker (Class A)

1 hour ago, dman1455 said:

They'll take you with just a Class A Permit and a B license and give you some time to get the endorsements.

Types of trucks we drive are Roll Off Containers (Class B), Car Carriers (Class B), Fuel Truck (Class B)

Tractor Trailer (Class A), Dump Trailer (Class A), Low Boy (Class A), Landoll (Class A), Heavy Wrecker (Class A)

Thanks, your reply is very helpful. How are the assignments given, in other words what determines what truck your assigned to for the day? Is it also based on seniority? If you have a Class with the proper endorsements will you generally get a trailer or dump truck?

21 hours ago, dman1455 said:

do you need a nys license or does out of state qualifies ?

On 4/26/2023 at 10:24 PM, MTA MAC said:

Thanks, your reply is very helpful. How are the assignments given, in other words what determines what truck your assigned to for the day? Is it also based on seniority? If you have a Class with the proper endorsements will you generally get a trailer or dump truck?

Assignments are given at the discretion of supervision, usually based on seniority. 

12 hours ago, kingkratos94 said:

do you need a nys license or does out of state qualifies ?

If you have your class A from NY/NJ/CT/PA you'll be fine. If you have your permit from anything other then NY then you won't be able to come because when they send you to their school for training you need a NY license.

On 5/5/2023 at 8:39 AM, Marv said:

Good morning all. Anyone know how we are suppose to dress for the 1st 2 days of orientation? Have orientation on Monday and Tuesday. 

There’s no dress code requirement