Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

I-95 / PA Turnpike Interchange nears completion


Recommended Posts

 

Quote

Fifty years in the making, officials anticipate the connection between I-95 and the Pennsylvania Turnpike will be open by late summer/early fall 2018.

Motorists on Interstate 95 and the Pennsylvania Turnpike soon will be able to get from here to there on just one road. It’s only taken about 50 years.

Since I-95′s completion in 1969, plans called for creating a seamless link between the interstate and the turnpike. In 2018, project engineers say, they will finally make good on the decades-old promise to make the connection and have I-95 stretch continuously from Maine to Florida.



http://www.theintell.com/news/20180218/project-to-connect-i-95-pa-turnpike-nears-major-milestone/1

I wonder if this will mean Greyhound, some Bolt Buses, and Megabuses will no longer travel through BFB, NJ 38, NJ 73 to Turnpike Exit 4 between Philly-NYC

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This also means another reroute for I-95...it no longer use the Scudders Falls Bridge...I-295 is extended to replace it.  And since that bridge was replaced by a new structure last year, it became a toll bridge (collected going from NJ to PA).

The whole I-95 route issue is silly...right from the beginning, it should have been over the NJTP the entire way, but for political reasons, it was routed through Pennsylvania.  This has always caused confusion for some through travelers, not familiar with the routing.

Edited by traildriver
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, traildriver said:

This also means another reroute for I-95...it no longer use the Scudders Falls Bridge...I-295 is extended to replace it.  And since that bridge was replaced by a new structure last year, it became a toll bridge (collected going from NJ to PA).

The whole I-95 route issue is silly...right from the beginning, it should have been over the NJTP the entire way, but for political reasons, it was routed through Pennsylvania.  This has always caused confusion for some through travelers, not familiar with the routing.

As a kid I always thought I95 was via the NJ Turnpike from the GWB to a Delaware Memorial Bridge. Was surprised to find there's an I-95 gap in Jersey.

 

 

My family on two separate occasions made a wrong turn on 95 N/B in Delaware and ended up in Philly rather than South Jeresy via the Delaware Bridge haha.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

As a kid I always thought I95 was via the NJ Turnpike from the GWB to a Delaware Memorial Bridge. Was surprised to find there's an I-95 gap in Jersey.

 

 

My family on two separate occasions made a wrong turn on 95 N/B in Delaware and ended up in Philly rather than South Jeresy via the Delaware Bridge haha.

That's what I thought too. It made sense to me too, I see I-95 in NJ, and I-95 in DE so it has to connect right?

Apparently, this is not the case because PA doesn't want to be "left out", so they wanted the I-95 through Philly.

 

Regarding the buses. I think it will still go thru the present route. Greyhound has a stop at Camden, and Boltbus has a stop at Cherry Hill Mall

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2020 at 7:44 PM, Mtatransit said:

That's what I thought too. It made sense to me too, I see I-95 in NJ, and I-95 in DE so it has to connect right?

Apparently, this is not the case because PA doesn't want to be "left out", so they wanted the I-95 through Philly.

 

Regarding the buses. I think it will still go thru the present route. Greyhound has a stop at Camden, and Boltbus has a stop at Cherry Hill Mall

That stretch of roadway will always be I-295 to me than I-95. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.