Jamaica Yard Assignments

Charleston

Will the R160 come to Jamaica Yard for F train service, if they do come, how many R160 cars will come to Jamaica Yard and how many will be assigned to the F train.

In addition, how many R32 Phase I, R42MK and R46 cars will be at Jamaica Yard if and when the R160 cars all arrive at Jamaica Yard.

Guest Charles

Charleston: I'm pretty sure that if the R160s do eventually run on the (F), they will most likely be based out of the Avenue X Yard. Jamaica is horribly over capacity. I wouldn't expect to see any R160s coming to Jamaica.

That's the flaw with this plan. If they run R160's on the (F) out of Ave. X they aren't going to be able to make sure they all get back there at night. Some of the cars will have to be laid up at Jamaica or on the Express tracks. At that point it'll be impossible to make sure they make it back into service as an (F) in a timely fashion. That also puts Jamaica in a bind if cars are needed ASAP as other crews aren't R160 qualified.

They would better to just wait and send R160s directly to Jamaica for the (E) and (F).

That's the flaw with this plan. If they run R160's on the (F) out of Ave. X they aren't going to be able to make sure they all get back there at night. Some of the cars will have to be laid up at Jamaica or on the Express tracks. At that point it'll be impossible to make sure they make it back into service as an (F) in a timely fashion. That also puts Jamaica in a bind if cars are needed ASAP as other crews aren't R160 qualified.

They would better to just wait and send R160s directly to Jamaica for the (E) and (F).

They can Always run lights back To CI.

Will the R160 come to Jamaica Yard for F train service, if they do come, how many R160 cars will come to Jamaica Yard and how many will be assigned to the F train.

In addition, how many R32 Phase I, R42MK and R46 cars will be at Jamaica Yard if and when the R160 cars all arrive at Jamaica Yard.

If R160s come to the (F) they will be based out of Ave. X Yard near Coney Island. Only about 5-10 trains of R160 will run on the (F).

R32 Phase I are retiring very soon (even if not by December 1st, they will most likely retire next year), and as the R38 retire the R42s will probably move to the (A) and (C). R46s will stay the same, and if not then some will move to Pitkin.

JESUS CHRIST MAN.... HOW HARD IS IT FOR YOU TO TYPE DA QUESTION MARK IN?

ok... back 2 da point

first of all, there will b several sets on da (F) starting from january. these will b based out of da ave x yard.

so heres my theory:

i believe jamaica is crowded, since the phase 1s r still there and the 42s r there nd da 46s r there. they rnt going 2 send one or two sets of 160s. it will be loads wen they send them in.

currently itz said that da A2 order of the R160s will go 2 coney island. da optional alstom order will prolly go 2 jamaica. nd wen dat happens, da 42s will b pushed over 2 pitkin 2 replace da 38s.

As of Friday Afternoon there is now a 5 car R160 set at Jamaica Yard. They will be based out of Jamaica Yard because thats the main Yard for repairs on the (E)(F)(G)(R)(V) Lines. Ave X is only a storage Yard and (F) train exept for the overhaul shop don't get fixed at Coney Island Yard.

I heard Supervision in Jamaica YD they are checking to see that ALL (F) Line and Jamiaca Yard personal are Quilified to hand R 160's and they may start entering service in December now.

As of Friday Afternoon there is now a 5 car R160 set at Jamaica Yard. They will be based out of Jamaica Yard because thats the main Yard for repairs on the (E)(F)(G)(R)(V) Lines. Ave X is only a storage Yard and (F) train exept for the overhaul shop don't get fixed at Coney Island Yard.

I heard Supervision in Jamaica YD they are checking to see that ALL (F) Line and Jamiaca Yard personal are Quilified to hand R 160's and they may start entering service in December now.

by december??!!!!!!!!! woah!

What I had been hearing was that the cars would still be based out of CIY (which is adjacent to Ave X), so the (F) would basically be borrowing them.

Of course, if one finishes its tour on the other end, it could be stored in JYD. No need to run it light back to CI or anything like that. Don't have to be assigned there to do that.

So the set that's there now is probably to familiarize yard personnel.

What I had been hearing was that the cars would still be based out of CIY (which is adjacent to Ave X), so the (F) would basically be borrowing them.

Of course, if one finishes its tour on the other end, it could be stored in JYD. No need to run it light back to CI or anything like that. Don't have to be assigned there to do that.

So the set that's there now is probably to familiarize yard personnel.

yea dats wat i thought earlier, dat it will borrow CIY stock nd run them as its own.

Archived