SIM7 and SIM9 PM operations, Columbus Day

BM5 via Woodhaven

Some stuff during the PM rush. There were some cases of buses falling behind schedule from the start of the route, and buses were being held at WFC, but other than that, that first day was relatively smooth.

31430637798_7fc839c81e_b.jpg2015 Prevost X3-45 Commuter Coach 2505 on the SIM33 at Broadway & East 13 Street by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

31430633898_68f31ec943_b.jpg2015 Prevost X3-45 Commuter Coach 2504 on the SIM33 at Vesey Street & West Street by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

43489563860_f462fb11f8_b.jpg2016 Prevost X3-45 Commuter Coach 2679 on the SIM9 at Vesey Street & West Street by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

31430626598_865279a544_b.jpg2015 Prevost X3-45 Commuter Coach 2504 on the SIM33 at Vesey Street & West Street by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

7 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Didn't know that the x27/x28 stop in front of Angelika Film Center... Thought those buses went via Broadway. That's unless the NYC DOT forgot to move the other 2 stops along Broadway.

They don't stop there anymore. That was from when the MTA implemented the (failed) X27B and X28B buses, which only lasted a few months in 2011 before they were replaced by the X37 and X38.

7 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Didn't know that the x27/x28 stop in front of Angelika Film Center... Thought those buses went via Broadway. That's unless the NYC DOT forgot to move the other 2 stops along Broadway.

There are a number of bus stops still hanging around the DOT hasn't removed...

Just now, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

They don't stop there anymore. That was from when the MTA implemented the (failed) X27B and X28B buses.

ahh copy that. I never understood to why they still have those 2 bus lines stopping there.. Just saw the 2011 PDF of the bus map for said lines.

4 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Even after relabeling all the SI Express Bus stops, the stop at 5th Avenue & 35 Street still has a 'BxM4C Downtown' sign (and a brand new too).

I actually mentioned somewhere that with all of these old signs around, it just makes even more confusing for customers.  There are a lot of customers who only ride the express buses occasionally and have just started re-taking them again since the redesign. I really am not a fan with all of the "c"s.  They'd be better off giving the Super Express variants different numbers entirely so that it has its own service instead of this SIM1 and SIM1c crap.  A part of me feels that they want it to be confusing to deter ridership.  It's hard to believe that anyone that can be this inept with planning.  

2 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I actually mentioned somewhere that with all of these old signs around, it just makes even more confusing for customers.  There are a lot of customers who only ride the express buses occasionally and have just started re-taking them again since the redesign. I really am not a fan with all of the "c"s.  They'd be better off giving the Super Express variants different numbers entirely so that it has its own service instead of this SIM1 and SIM1c crap.  A part of me feels that they want it to be confusing to deter ridership.  It's hard to believe that anyone that can be this inept with planning.  

Agreed. I don’t like this “a, b, or c” relabeling.

2 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I've been saying this since day one. So glad that someone here agrees with me.. They (MTA) need to stop with the abbreviations. There are tons of SIM route slots open on the Island.

2 minutes ago, S78 via Hylan said:

Agreed. I don’t like this “a, b, or c” relabeling.

Then you have to look extra careful at the schedules because if you don't you can easily confuse the SIM1 with the SIM1C. Someone sees "No Service Until"  XYZ and they may not look further to see that there is then the off-peak variant.  From someone who is into transit it works, but not for the average rider.

23 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Then you have to look extra careful at the schedules because if you don't you can easily confuse the SIM1 with the SIM1C. Someone sees "No Service Until"  XYZ and they may not look further to see that there is then the off-peak variant.  From someone who is into transit it works, but not for the average rider.

Also on the bus stops, they forgot that the SIM1c ran on weekends! They only show weekday service at the bus stops.

Archived