Queens Bus Redesign Discussion Thread

Lawrence St

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, mikecintel said:

Just got an updated from the FB group of when the final Queens bus redesign is going to come **maybe** in November with the Brooklyn Bus Redesign.

That guy doesn't know what he's talking about. He desperately wants QBR to be implemented at the same time as BBR which honestly makes no sense from an equipment point of view. He is in no way shape or form related to the MTA or QBR.

1 hour ago, xD4nn said:

That guy doesn't know what he's talking about. He desperately wants QBR to be implemented at the same time as BBR which honestly makes no sense from an equipment point of view. He is in no way shape or form related to the MTA or QBR.

I see.  Anyway I will definitely post when I see they release the QBR when it is out on the MTA website.

1 hour ago, xD4nn said:

I think it’s safe to say the MTA themselves done even know when the final plan will officially be out 🤷🏾‍♂️

1 hour ago, Fire Mountain said:

Don’t*

Yes you are right the MTA is always delayed just like the OMNY vending machines Ugh.  You can also "Edit" your post right after you post.   FYI After you post you can click the 3 dots and then click on "Edit" so you don;t have to quote again to make a second post.

Edited by mikecintel

4 hours ago, mikecintel said:

Just got an updated from the FB group of when the final Queens bus redesign is going to come **maybe** in November with the Brooklyn Bus Redesign.

I really don't wanna be the so-called wait & see guy here, but you gotta chill with forwarding what some random is saying on FB on here, like it's gospel or something.....

Quite honestly, considering the quality of these redesigns, I'm in no "rush" for any of them to be implemented.

2 hours ago, Fire Mountain said:

I think it’s safe to say the MTA themselves done even know when the final plan will officially be out 🤷🏾‍♂️

They don't know their elbows from their a**holes, so they themselves not knowing when these concoctions they call plans will officially come to fruition, is par for the course...

3 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

I really don't wanna be the so-called wait & see guy here, but you gotta chill with forwarding what some random is saying on FB on here, like it's gospel or something.....

I understand.  Sorry  I just want to update that is all since this forum is about Queens Bus Redesign Discussion :(.  I didn't mean to get anyone of you angry.  OK when I really see a real post and not someone random saying on FB then I will post.  I don't want to break any forums rules since it is a really helpful site and good suggestions.

1 hour ago, mikecintel said:

I understand.  Sorry  I just want to update that is all since this forum is about Queens Bus Redesign Discussion :(.  I didn't mean to get anyone of you angry.  OK when I really see a real post and not someone random saying on FB then I will post.  I don't want to break any forums rules since it is a really helpful site and good suggestions.

lol,.... Nah, No anger here, and you didn't break any forum rule.... You're good...

I get that you're eager about the redesign..... More than anything though, just don't get too caught up with what any ole joe schmo says on social media.... That's all.

10 hours ago, mikecintel said:

Yes you are right the MTA is always delayed just like the OMNY vending machines Ugh.  You can also "Edit" your post right after you post.   FYI After you post you can click the 3 dots and then click on "Edit" so you don;t have to quote again to make a second post.

Thx for the tip 

10 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

lol,.... Nah, No anger here, and you didn't break any forum rule.... You're good...

I get that you're eager about the redesign..... More than anything though, just don't get too caught up with what any ole joe schmo says on social media.... That's all.

OK good I didn't break rules.  Yes the reason I am eager about the redesign is because my route is getting axed and I want to prepare ahead of time to see what the final proposal is.  I see.  You see my line currently goes to the Jamaica LIRR station and it stops directly at in front of the Jamaica LIRR station and that is good because you don't have to walk a couple of blocks to get to the LIRR.  I take the Q34 line and that is getting axed out.  I want to see what the final propose is what bus will stop in front of the Jamaica LIRR station so that way if I need to the Jamaica station I can take the other buses that will stop in front of the Jamaica LIRR station.

17 hours ago, mikecintel said:

OK good I didn't break rules.  Yes the reason I am eager about the redesign is because my route is getting axed and I want to prepare ahead of time to see what the final proposal is.  I see.  You see my line currently goes to the Jamaica LIRR station and it stops directly at in front of the Jamaica LIRR station and that is good because you don't have to walk a couple of blocks to get to the LIRR.  I take the Q34 line and that is getting axed out.  I want to see what the final propose is what bus will stop in front of the Jamaica LIRR station so that way if I need to the Jamaica station I can take the other buses that will stop in front of the Jamaica LIRR station.

Yea I’m not surprised that they plan to axe the 34. That route gets NO love! I live in College Point, but have taken plenty of buses throughout New York, and honestly, the MTA just OD’s on the 25 heavily. What they should do is make the 25 a rush route and keep the 34 as a local and then if anything, extend the 34 to fort totten (or at least utopia parkway) so that way there will be no need for the 61

7 hours ago, Fire Mountain said:

Yea I’m not surprised that they plan to axe the 34. That route gets NO love! I live in College Point, but have taken plenty of buses throughout New York, and honestly, the MTA just OD’s on the 25 heavily. What they should do is make the 25 a rush route and keep the 34 as a local and then if anything, extend the 34 to fort totten (or at least utopia parkway) so that way there will be no need for the 61

I understand why they cutting the Q34 because there are less people riding the Q34.  In the 90's they had weekend service until I think 2,000 and then they cut the weekend service if I remember correctly when they cut the weekend service.  Yes I agree they should extend to Fort Totten instead of replacing the route and change it to Q61.  Oh well what's going happen will happen.  Q34 will be memories now.

Edited by mikecintel

8 hours ago, Fire Mountain said:

53 minutes ago, mikecintel said:

I understand why they cutting the Q34 because there are less people riding the Q34.  In the 90's they had weekend service until I think 2,000 and then they cut the weekend service if I remember correctly when they cut the weekend service.  Yes I agree they should extend to Fort Totten instead of replacing the route and change it to Q61.  Oh well what's going happen will happen.  Q34 will be memories now.

I'll say this much.... Not having anything specifically terminate along the Sutphin side of LIRR Jamaica, I have to agree with.... What I don't agree with, is forcing everybody from the Flushing area to have to take the Q44 to get to LIRR Jamaica - especially given that they're proposing expanding that route's footprint to Fordham,..

14 minutes ago, Q43LTD said:

Which is why the Q20 shouldn't be curtailed at Briarwood...As far as the 25 and 65 being idiotically extended to eastern Queens, ehh...

Currently for Flushing - Jamaica travel, you have the Main st. corridor, Kissena/Parsons corridors, 165th corridor, and 188th..... I agree with dismantling the current Q17, but I do think either the Kissena/Parsons corridor or the 165th corridor should have a bus route remaining serving LIRR Jamaica (even if it doesn't specifically terminate at it)....

4 hours ago, Q43LTD said:

Which is why the Q20 shouldn't be curtailed at Briarwood...As far as the 25 and 65 being idiotically extended to eastern Queens, ehh...

Yea not gonna lie, the 20 and 25 moves are completely idiotic considering how 1. The 20 was extended to Jamaica in the first place as a local option to the 44 from back in 99, and now they wanna cut it? That’s Just retarded, just like extending the 25 to SPRINGFIELD AND MERRICK, like bruh, just make the 86 a limited and have the 4, 5, 84, and 85 only run rush instead. The 25 is NOT needed down there. Idk how to feel about the 83 becoming a rush route tbh

Oh yeah, you know what else is idiotic? Replacing the 25 and 65 (that does EXCELLENT In college point on a daily basis) with the 17 and 27, like wtf is the point of that? They should leave the 27 as it is, and the 17, idk where exactly, but not college point.

6 minutes ago, Fire Mountain said:

Oh yeah, you know what else is idiotic? Replacing the 25 and 65 (that does EXCELLENT In college point on a daily basis) with the 17 and 27, like wtf is the point of that? They should leave the 27 as it is, and the 17, idk where exactly, but not college point.

The 25 and 65 is just like cubes of ice. They start off cold and nice and then about 10 minutes later they’ become watery and melted. Honestly, I think that’s one change that should be implemented.

1 minute ago, NBTA said:

The 25 and 65 is just like cubes of ice. They start off cold and nice and then about 10 minutes later they’ become watery and melted. Honestly, I think that’s one change that should be implemented.

It may do so after Main St heading towards Jamaica, but every time I’m on it towards college point, it’s always crowded no matter the time of day tbh

23 minutes ago, NBTA said:

I wouldn't go that far with the analogy, because the Q25 & the Q65 definitely gets good usage b/w Flushing & College Point.... With that said, I don't really take issue with swapping the current Q25 & Q65 stints between Flushing & College Point for their proposed Q17 & Q27 between that said stretch.... Even though neither of them would serve LIRR Jamaica anymore, at least they still maintained having the proposed Q25 & Q65 both serving Flushing proper & Jamaica proper.....

Basically, I would (also) question the real need for 2 routes running b/w College Point & Jamaica at this point..... Maybe 1 at the most, but not both of them (although I will admit that the way the proposed Q31 would do College Point - Jamaica is laughable/pathetic)....

52 minutes ago, Fire Mountain said:

Better allocation of route mileage.

The proposed Q17 & proposed Q27 simply have better route compositions than the current Q17 (whose southern half drastically pales in comparison with the northern half of the route) & the current Q27 (while hitting key points mid-route, carrying as many cumulative pax. that it does, it's still a long, drawn out route.... SE Queens - Flushing travel is massively overrated [which is the problem I have with the proposed Q26])....

1 hour ago, Fire Mountain said:

It's the same thing with the Q30 and Q88 situation. Replacing the HH part of the Q30 with the Q88 is stupid. Has no one ever thought about traffic??? Keep the current Q30! I'm already out here waiting 20-30 minutes for a crowded Q30 and I am certainly not waiting 45-90 minutes for the proposed Q88.

Edited by xD4nn

3 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

I wouldn't go that far with the analogy, because the Q25 & the Q65 definitely gets good usage b/w Flushing & College Point.... With that said, I don't really take issue with swapping the current Q25 & Q65 stints between Flushing & College Point for their proposed Q17 & Q27 between that said stretch.... Even though neither of them would serve LIRR Jamaica anymore, at least they still maintained having the proposed Q25 & Q65 both serving Flushing proper & Jamaica proper.....

Basically, I would (also) question the real need for 2 routes running b/w College Point & Jamaica at this point..... Maybe 1 at the most, but not both of them (although I will admit that the way the proposed Q31 would do College Point - Jamaica is laughable/pathetic)....

Better allocation of route mileage.

The proposed Q17 & proposed Q27 simply have better route compositions than the current Q17 (whose southern half drastically pales in comparison with the northern half of the route) & the current Q27 (while hitting key points mid-route, carrying as many cumulative pax. that it does, it's still a long, drawn out route.... SE Queens - Flushing travel is massively overrated [which is the problem I have with the proposed Q26])....

The mileage part I get, but they could’ve just had the 27 run between flushing and if anything Oakland gardens to simplify the route. I just hope they keep the 25 and 65 in CP cause that’s their busiest portions

3 hours ago, limitednyc said:

Some of these have to do with not having so many routes ending  in Jamaica  or Flushing. On others are seaming lines on map.

They need to do better routing like with the 26 running from flushing to cambria replacing the 27 via 73rd??? Yea I don’t see that as a good idea at all. And like I mentioned earlier the 25 to Springfield and having the 4,5, and 84-86 all run as rush routes is also terrible