Starving rats are reportedly turning into cannibals and attacking one other as their restaurant food supply disappears

CenSin

Source: https://news.yahoo.com/starving-rats-reportedly-turning-cannibals-114544970.html

Starving rats are reportedly turning into cannibals and attacking one other as their restaurant food supply disappears

tporter@businessinsider.com (Tom Porter), Business Insider • May 24, 2020

• The CDC has warned that rats are growing increasingly aggressive amid the coronavirus epidemic, and advised on what people can do to stop infestations in their neighborhoods. 
  • The rodents usually feed on rubbish in restaurant bins, but with many outlets closed or only offering takeout they are empty.
  • Videos have been posted on social media of rats swarming deserted streets in New Orleans and New York streets.
  • Pest control officials say that some rats are resorting to cannibalism and infanticide to survive.

See? New Yorkers were really their own problem.

7 hours ago, CenSin said:

Source: https://news.yahoo.com/starving-rats-reportedly-turning-cannibals-114544970.html

See? New Yorkers were really their own problem.

I don't know that people denied this other than the people who were the problem.

I love NYC but part of my love for NYC is that I keep it real when talking about it, and New Yorkers are some of the most disgusting people in a rich-world country.

46 minutes ago, bobtehpanda said:

I don't know that people denied this other than the people who were the problem.

I love NYC but part of my love for NYC is that I keep it real when talking about it, and New Yorkers are some of the most disgusting people in a rich-world country.

I still don’t get why this city puts trash bags on the street or easily tipped over cans instead of taking up ~3 or 4 spaces on each block to park a dumpster for neighborhood trash that’s picked up by dumpster trucks.

Problem is we’re disgusting by choice.