MTA giving away FREE 7 day unlimited metrocards for covid vaccine

trainfan22

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

The vaccine is FREE for everyone, whether they have insurance or not. If they try to bill for anything, fight it with your insurance. I've heard of some places doing this and it's totally NOT ok. That's why I chose the place I went to very carefully. Had no sort of questions about my insurance.

I believe it’s asked only at medical offices and pharmacies bc they have to bill for delivery devices - syringes, gloves, etc

3 minutes ago, Deucey said:

I believe it’s asked only at medical offices and pharmacies bc they have to bill for delivery devices - syringes, gloves, etc

Yeah, and I've heard some of those places trying to bill peoples' insurance....  Total BS... I went to the Ford Foundation Center on 42nd by 2nd. Very organized... Took me as a walk-in and asked nothing about any insurance.

47 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Yeah, and I've heard some of those places trying to bill peoples' insurance....  Total BS... I went to the Ford Foundation Center on 42nd by 2nd. Very organized... Took me as a walk-in and asked nothing about any insurance.

Technically they’re supposed to because the Feds only bought the vax - not the delivery tools and infectious disease prevention items.

Frankly I’m of the mind that this whole pandemic should have these billings pared back to cost plus something under 1%, and patent waivers since the global poor suffer with the global not poor, but I’m not a world leader. And thus goes making the simple humanitarian thing complicated because of greed.

/mini rant

1 minute ago, Deucey said:

Technically they’re supposed to because the Feds only bought the vax - not the delivery tools and infectious disease prevention items.

Frankly I’m of the mind that this whole pandemic should have these billings pared back to cost plus something under 1%, and patent waivers since the global poor suffer with the global not poor, but I’m not a world leader. And thus goes making the simple humanitarian thing complicated because of greed.

/mini rant

I was this close to going to a pharmacy near my office, but I read reviews on them and said NOPE.

Just now, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I was this close to going to a pharmacy near my office, but I read reviews on them and said NOPE.

I’m really disappointed now since if I waited til now and got vaxxed at Penn or Atlantic, I could’ve gotten a LIRR ticket to Montauk.

2 minutes ago, Deucey said:

I’m really disappointed now since if I waited til now and got vaxxed at Penn or Atlantic, I could’ve gotten a LIRR ticket to Montauk.

I really could care less. I wanted to pick some place nice. The Ford Foundation Center is a great location. The seats were very comfy. They had waters and whatever else you needed. Severals RNs at each step of the way to assist you. My wait to see someone was maybe five minutes tops. Had about four people ahead of me to get my shot. Seems as if most people were there for the Moderna shot. It was one of the few places in the City that had walk-ins for the J & J shot that I considered. The others were out of the way or just not places I would want to go.

11 hours ago, IRT Bronx Express said:

If it were up to me, I'd go for it. Problem is, I can't even walk up the stairs at the present time (thank you, no thank you covid). So I'll just head over to my local doctor's and call it a day. Hopefully the vaccine can undo the remaining damage the virus did to me last year.

Sounds like you're one of the unlucky ones having lingering effects from COVID. Even if you get the shot, you need a few weeks before it's considered effective. I've been mainly at home resting since I got my shot. 

11 hours ago, IRT Bronx Express said:

If it were up to me, I'd go for it. Problem is, I can't even walk up the stairs at the present time (thank you, no thank you covid). So I'll just head over to my local doctor's and call it a day. Hopefully the vaccine can undo the remaining damage the virus did to me last year.

Sorry to hear that – what an awful thing to go through. Here's hoping...there has definitely been some limited evidence of the vaccine helping 'long covid' symptoms, but nothing conclusive yet. Hopefully you'll be one of the cases that speaks to that.

On 5/10/2021 at 8:25 PM, trainfan22 said:

I plan on getting the vaccine at the station cause (1 its easier than booking at appointment at an Pharmacy and (2 I really want that free metrocard so I can ride SBS routes as much as I like without worrying about the SBS machines messing up my reduced fare card. I have a feeling its gonna be in a van outside of the station and not in the station, just like those vans they have for covid tests. So cleanliness shouldn't be a problem.

Before I heard the news of this, I was gonna get vaccinated at one of the tourists locations that De Blasio was talking about, but I'll do this instead. 

Its not on platform level, at E 180 they had it in the side entrance of the station.

• 2 months later...