Best Simulator?

Smoot178

Alright I have tried the PATH Vol 1 simulator, but I don't like it too much. I dunno, seems a little too into it plus the fact that if you don't know the keyboard commands you have to restart, etc.

So what's the best game / game + subway mod combo? I have played MSTS before, but I dunno of any Subway mods.

I wouldn't expect it, but are there any featuring the new R160's?

Thank you in advance.

(MTA)

It has subway layouts as well. I've been making my own :D
BVE is still better ;) I've used both and BVE is better than Trainz for Subway sim.
I tried OpenBVE but it doesn't work on Vista

Edit: nvm didn't see the huge instruction list, brb.

Get OpenBVE from here. http://openbve.zxq.net/ Shouldn't have to do anything to get it to run under vista.

I like Trainz mostly because you could make a route how every you want. There are alot of good (NYCTA) cars for the game and station and tunnel parts. The down side is that there is one prototypical route and its not that good. World of Subways is the only subway game other then BVE. For MSTS you need to download all kinda of 3rd party routes and train sets and I found it hard to install them unlike in Trainz. It is really a matter of personal preference, I would say that BVE is the most life like aside from signaling. MSTS in my opinion was great when it came out, but is way out dated now. Trainz is about to release Trainz 2009 and the graphics look great, yea the game is more for main line railroad, but as you can see here I have made it work for me. http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=24499&highlight=nycta

Screen shots taken by Matted33 are mine.

I like Trainz mostly because you could make a route how every you want. There are alot of good (NYCTA) cars for the game and station and tunnel parts. The down side is that there is one prototypical route and its not that good. World of Subways is the only subway game other then BVE. For MSTS you need to download all kinda of 3rd party routes and train sets and I found it hard to install them unlike in Trainz. It is really a matter of personal preference, I would say that BVE is the most life like aside from signaling. MSTS in my opinion was great when it came out, but is way out dated now. Trainz is about to release Trainz 2009 and the graphics look great, yea the game is more for main line railroad, but as you can see here I have made it work for me. http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=24499&highlight=nycta

Screen shots taken by Matted33 are mine.

Heh... I see you created 6688, and I'm guessing one of those is 1689 ;)

NICE work, some of those are really nice...some have minor errors, but yours and the poster Alexander's were all very realistic looking...the one issue I've had with Trainz (don't own it myself, have tried it though) is the sounds, most trains have that Jet noise going on in the background...but the visuals are great

as far as actually operating, the most realistic is BVE (provided you actually follow your speed restrictions in the game since nothing will actually enforce them). The signals aren't realistic, there are no timers, you'll never get tripped, and you'll never derail (at least in regular BVE, in Open BVE you can derail I tried it once just to see if it would). But as far as getting a "feel" for operating from a computer screen that's as good as it gets.

Well guys, BVE has adapted over time. There are some great routes in production, and thousands more subway objects than Trainz. Here'a a few pics of a fictional subway line i'm making in BVE:

All-NewParkchester.png

StLawrenceAvenue.png

SmoothCurves.png

SoundViewAvenue.png

R160vsR142.png

ElderStart.png

ElderMiddle.png

ElderExit.png

TubeTunnels.png

FloroTunnelBeams.png

This is the HL. It's a high-definition subway line in NY for BVE. And this is also Track Viewer(for whom who may not know). You can use it to roam the route and add objects without driving.

Archived