BREAKING: MAJOR SUBWAY DISRUPTIONS IN SOUTH BROOKLYN

Future ENY OP

6 hours ago, Trainmaster5 said:

I understand your frustration but luckily no one died. Calling for the death penalty is over the top. If that’s the case what should we do about the organizers of 1/6 in DC ? Someone did die that day. You’re traveling down a slippery slope, IMO. Carry on.

The guy is being charged on a federal level, so he'll rot in prison for life assuming he's convicted. I agree with you... Calling for the death penalty for a person with a history of mental illness for the crime committed makes absolutely no sense. All this shows is that we continue to have a mental health crisis in this City, which has taken over the transit system as well, particularly with the subways.

2 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

The guy is being charged on a federal level, so he'll rot in prison for life assuming he's convicted. I agree with you... Calling for the death penalty for a person with a history of mental illness for the crime committed makes absolutely no sense. All this shows is that we continue to have a mental health crisis in this City, which has taken over the transit system as well, particularly with the subways.

Hey, even a broken clock makes a smart post twice a day! 

;) 

On 4/13/2022 at 9:53 AM, Wallyhorse said:

More likely IMO it will hasten the demise of these cars and press the MTA to get replacements (including open gangway cars) quicker than they would have otherwise. 

Wouldn't it be funny if it pressed them to bring the 32's and 42's out of retirement? Only, there aren't enough left to replace the 46's and 68's, but they could figure replacing as many as possible is better than doing nothing.

Edited by Eric B

On 4/14/2022 at 10:08 PM, Eric B said:

Wouldn't it be funny if it pressed them to bring the 32's and 42's out of retirement? Only, there aren't enough left to replace the 46's and 68's, but they could figure replacing as many as possible is better than doing nothing.

The problem with that is that the remaining R32s are getting scrapped in mass. Most will probably be off property by the end of the Summer. I'd imagine the remaining will follow. 

On 4/14/2022 at 8:13 AM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I wholly disagree, degenerates like this need to be made an example of. No ifs, ands, or butts.....