Medical Hold

ealfinez

I'm sure somewhere on this thread this has been spoken about, however i can't locate it. I was placed on medical hold being i'm a bigger guy. I don't mean you can hear me breathing or have diabetes. I just fell outside the guide lines of "neck size". Out side of that i"m in good health cleared all the facets of the medical outside of this one. Can ANYONE speak to this process of clearing this and getting another appointment?? Is it, better luck next time is it I'm gonna wait for months is it well if your study comes back with a condition your gonna get passed over?? ANY information would be appreciated. 

8 hours ago, ealfinez said:

I'm sure somewhere on this thread this has been spoken about, however i can't locate it. I was placed on medical hold being i'm a bigger guy. I don't mean you can hear me breathing or have diabetes. I just fell outside the guide lines of "neck size". Out side of that i"m in good health cleared all the facets of the medical outside of this one. Can ANYONE speak to this process of clearing this and getting another appointment?? Is it, better luck next time is it I'm gonna wait for months is it well if your study comes back with a condition your gonna get passed over?? ANY information would be appreciated. 

Did they recommend a sleep apnea test? Did they recommend thyroid test? What exactly is the details of the medical hold?

11 hours ago, ealfinez said:

It sounds like, because you are a "bigger guy," they want you to get a sleep study done because of your "neck size." My apologies about the historic posts, however, this particular post came to my mind as soon as I read what you typed.

Back in 2017, somebody posted the name of a physician who does sleep studies overnight without going through your insurance or your Primary Care Physician or anything to that nature, which you can find here. I also read that this physician will give you the results instantly, which the MAC (Medical Assessment Center) accepts.

Good luck!!

Let me Add to this and this is VERY IMPORANT....

Once you get on that "Program" for either Sugar, Sleep Apnea, High Blood Pressure or anything TA feels is a issue with the job they will Check you every Six Months.

So you will have to be on point and keep up with whatever they ask or they will not hesitate to restrict you and take it from me (Whos been restricted) getting your tours changed or jobs all over the place isn't fun... Especially since it basically 8 hour jobs and the pay in the yards is less than road pay.

Edited by RTOMan

12 hours ago, +Young+ said:

It sounds like, because you are a "bigger guy," they want you to get a sleep study done because of your "neck size." My apologies about the historic posts, however, this particular post came to my mind as soon as I read what you typed.

Back in 2017, somebody posted the name of a physician who does sleep studies overnight without going through your insurance or your Primary Care Physician or anything to that nature, which you can find here. I also read that this physician will give you the results instantly, which the MAC (Medical Assessment Center) accepts.

Good luck!!

Sleep study, took it this week got my results back emailed them that i have the study waiting to hear badck.

5 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Once you get on that "Program" for either Sugar, Sleep Apnea, High Blood Pressure or anything TA feels is a issue with the job they will Check you every Six Months.

So you will have to be on point and keep up with whatever they ask or they will not hesitate to restrict you and take it from me (Whos been restricted) getting your tours changed or jobs all over the place isn't fun... Especially since it basically 8 hour jobs and the pay in the yards is less than road pay.

Yes, it was sleep study... i'm cool with this because it just puts me in a position to correct my issue. I'm already gotten certain things in line. Thing is i was slated to go to the Oct31st class. My appointment was Monday the 17th everything was in tact, Vision, Hearing, EKG, Urine.... then i got called in and he was like OH i forgot i gotta measure you neck. ODD thing to me... i was like don't clothes come later? Then he hit me with that.. DAMN i was not happy. At this point i'm just looking at the "job interview" portion criminal background and swearing in. I got hit with this, im like whats next. a full credit profile and medical history document review? I thought me getting this done immediately would have pushed me back because quite a few people went down that day. now i'm just hoping i get an appointment before they shut this list down

20 hours ago, ealfinez said:

Now i'm just hoping i get an appointment before they shut this list down

Would you mind sharing the exam number that you are hoping to get hired off of? If it's for Train Operator, Exam # 7604, according to this website (just type 7604 into the search box), the list has been extended until September 19th, 2023.

On 10/21/2022 at 7:20 AM, RTOMan said:

I just sent you a Private Message. If you can please send me a reply, I would truly appreciate it.

Edited by +Young+
Typographical correction

• 7 months later...

Quick question I’m on medical hold I was only able to get one document completed they want me to come down there on the day I have an appointment should I just bring what I have or wait till I have the second document completed I only have till June to submit my pre employment application 

• 7 months later...

My fiancé is a medical hold due to sleep apnea. And he has to use his cpap for a month.  So I am wondering can anyone tell me once he emails them the report how long will it take for him to hear back and get into a class?

On 1/14/2024 at 1:04 PM, CA93 said:

My fiancé is a medical hold due to sleep apnea. And he has to use his cpap for a month.  So I am wondering can anyone tell me once he emails them the report how long will it take for him to hear back and get into a class?

Most likely it will be the next available class...

Whenever that will be..

Now that they are aware if it he has to keep on giving them reports when he goes back every SIX months so he will see the MAC center twice a year..

He has to keep up with them or he will be restricted and if he is in the serve case they will put him Out No Work Available.

They aren't playing with Sleep Apnea thank Nelson Rockefeller and others who messed up and used that excuse for that for that.

• 1 month later...