MaBSTOA B/O Exams - No Fee to Apply!! (Open Until Further Notice)

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

As a friendly reminder, when you submit your online application, you must have either your Class B CDL (Commercial Driver License) or your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner Permit) with the Passenger "P" endorsement. They will run your abstract prior to you reporting for pre-employment, therefore, as long as you have the temporary paper permit from the Department of Motor Vehicles, you will be fine.

If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. If you would like and/or need more information into obtaining your Commercial Driver's License (CDL), click here.

When you are ready to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles, click here to make a reservation for yourself.

Good luck!!

(Updated 3/19/2024)

1 hour ago, DEE123 said:

Almost all the exams I took I actually got an email from 180 Livingston to show up for day 1 of processing and then I got the envelope from the mail telling me my list number but I scored high on the exams. 

That’s fantastic! It was an extremely easy test. Just wondering why so long for results. Hopefully I get something soon! 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jeff868 said:

That’s fantastic! It was an extremely easy test. Just wondering why so long for results. Hopefully I get something soon! 

That’s how they been going the past 6 months. If they gave you your results it’s because they’re ready to hire you. 

On 12/14/2023 at 11:39 AM, DEE123 said:

Almost all the exams I took I actually got an email from 180 Livingston to show up for day 1 of processing and then I got the envelope from the mail telling me my list number but I scored high on the exams. 

Got my exam results today in the mail along with my list number. Weird no email. I’m happy tho! Hopefully next step is info on day 1 processing! 

2 hours ago, Harlem said:

Congrats. You're probably 5 or 6 weeks away from being hired if your experience is anything like mine. Make sure you have any documentation you might need for the medical and you're golden. 

Thanks!!! I should be good I have everything in a folder ready to go!!! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • +Young+ changed the title to MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 4124 - No Fee to Apply!!
On 12/19/2023 at 4:30 PM, Harlem said:

Congrats. You're probably 5 or 6 weeks away from being hired if your experience is anything like mine. Make sure you have any documentation you might need for the medical and you're golden. 

Got the call for first of processing on the 18th!

I see it asks for you to provide your diploma or GED (if required). Is this something they required you to show or even asked for? I’d hate to have to dig this out of storage somewhere lol

31 minutes ago, Jeff868 said:

Got the call for first of processing on the 18th!

I see it asks for you to provide your diploma or GED (if required). Is this something they required you to show or even asked for? I’d hate to have to dig this out of storage somewhere lol

Not for bus operator. Train Op and Conductor. 

• 3 weeks later...

First day of processing was yesterday and it wasn’t too bad. It was everything I expected as far as long lines and waiting. One thing for sure is that if you’re sent the info to appear for day one please go prepared. I feel more the 50% of the crowd didn’t even come with an application at all and asked for one upon arriving which prolongs the entire day!

One thing I found weird was when I handed my application I was told it was for “MTA Bus Company” but I never applied nor took that exam. My exam was 4112 Mabstoa. The kind woman told me it didn’t show that on her end but that she’d fix it and asssign to Mabstoa. Hopefully everything goes smooth and I get the call for the next step! Good luck to everyone! 

20 hours ago, Jeff868 said:

First day of processing was yesterday and it wasn’t too bad. It was everything I expected as far as long lines and waiting. One thing for sure is that if you’re sent the info to appear for day one please go prepared. I feel more the 50% of the crowd didn’t even come with an application at all and asked for one upon arriving which prolongs the entire day!

One thing I found weird was when I handed my application I was told it was for “MTA Bus Company” but I never applied nor took that exam. My exam was 4112 Mabstoa. The kind woman told me it didn’t show that on her end but that she’d fix it and asssign to Mabstoa. Hopefully everything goes smooth and I get the call for the next step! Good luck to everyone! 

The emails are automatically generated and doesn’t mean anything. Just as long as the sign in sheet has the right exam and list number is all that matters. 

Not sure if this is the right threat to ask, but on the general page of MTA.info it says you should have at least a CDL permit to apply. On the paper of the exam it says you need at least a permit with a passenger endorsement. My question is does the MTA help you get your CDL license if you have a permit? 

9 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

Not sure if this is the right threat to ask, but on the general page of MTA.info it says you should have at least a CDL permit to apply. On the paper of the exam it says you need at least a permit with a passenger endorsement. My question is does the MTA help you get your CDL license if you have a permit? 

If you file for the MABSTOA or MTA Bus exam You must have the permit on the day of the test They’re gonna check. If you apply for the Transit Authority exam they don’t require the permit until the first day of processing. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a few questions for the people who recently have attended day 1 orientation at Zerega. A packet I received says I need to ”know all accident dates” & “know all traffic violations”. Is this something they really ask for? I’ve had my license for 22 years and I’ve had quite a few violations I’m not proud of that are over 15-18  years old. Do I need to disclose this? I’ve been rear ended one time so accidents I’m not so concerned about. 

On 2/7/2024 at 10:29 PM, Jeff868 said:

I had a few questions for the people who recently have attended day 1 orientation at Zerega. A packet I received says I need to ”know all accident dates” & “know all traffic violations”. Is this something they really ask for? I’ve had my license for 22 years and I’ve had quite a few violations I’m not proud of that are over 15-18  years old. Do I need to disclose this? I’ve been rear ended one time so accidents I’m not so concerned about. 

Lol it’s probably too late now, but when you get over there, only the violations and accidents that you had in the last 3 years. 

On 2/17/2024 at 9:49 PM, Basemac7 said:

Update. I received an appointment to come in for a information session for bus operator in March.  This is for 4115 

Has anyone heard of this or been to one of these?

I received the same appointment text. Brooklyn, early march. Must have a cdl or permit, for an information session. I applied in December i believe.  Do you know what restrictions would be considered disqualifying?

Important: You must have either a valid (non-expired) Class A or Class B Commercial Driver License (CDL) or a valid (non-expired) Class A or B CDL Permit valid in the State of New York with a passenger endorsement and no airbrake or other disqualifying restrictions. Only candidates with the above license/permit will be canvassed and considered for the position. If you meet the qualifications to become a Bus Operator, you may be provided with a pre-employment package and a date to begin your pre-employment process and drug testing

14 hours ago, Jeff868 said:

How long after being hired do you get fitted for uniform? I qualified yesterday for Mabstoa bus operator and I’m wondering if I should get a few more shirts and pants. Shirts and pants are pricey as it is! 

It should be around the time your class goes to eastchester for CDL training if you’re in TWU100.

8 minutes ago, DEE123 said:

It should be around the time your class goes to eastchester for CDL training if you’re in TWU100.

The class went today. I stayed behind to continue training at MTV depot. I have my CDL so I didn’t have to go.