The Life of A Sick Passenger

RokuSix

I understand that in the great bureaucracy that is the MTA and with their desire to avoid a suit at all cost, the time it takes to aid a sick passenger is extremely long.

But I have a question...has anyone ever been, or spoken to someone who has gotten sick on the train?

I mean, I was on the <6> today, when at 3rd Avenue-138th there were reports of a sick passenger at 51st Street. Then, at 125th, there were reports of another at 96th Street.

So I transfer to the (4), which moves fine, until somewhere between 103rd and 96th there are reports of two sick passengers at Grand Central and 59th.

What I would like to know is...what happened today? Is this a common pattern for the morning after Thanksgiving?

[i took the express bus in the mornings until recently, so this is the first time I've been on the train on the morning after a holiday in a while]

I remember I was sick on a Nova RTS M10 back in 2001, I vomited on the bus, at 110th street the B/o dismissed all the passngers.

He told me can he drive me to the hospital on the bus. I had told him no thanks im fine.

Wow drive a bus to the hosiptal with out contacting control, is that ok? Even tho he did tell control about taking passengers out.

Anyways as for sick passengers, have to agree, EXTREAMLY LONG! It all depends on where the local hospital is at from the station. There airnt a lot of hospitals here in NYC~~

In May, I was on the (J) at Essex. The train was held up cause someone threw up on the platform. Good crap. So the train was delayed for 20 minutes. So for 20 minutes, the train couldn't start because the crew has to seek assistance. And meanwhile the doors weren't closed, so I had to deal with the stink. *God* They should really help the sick people, and clean up the mess instead of waiting around for the EMS to arrive.

They should consider medical units at major stations so that the sick could be treated ASAP. If the sick are SICK SICK, then the unit could get the proper authorities ASAP and meanwhile give some treatment. They should have defibrillator machines.

They should consider medical units at major stations so that the sick could be treated ASAP. If the sick are SICK SICK, then the unit could get the proper authorities ASAP and meanwhile give some treatment. They should have defibrillator machines.

Yeah,they should do that.

"Sick Customer Response Program". http://gothamist.com/2007/07/31/mta_dont_make_s.php

Archived