The R68/68A's are the best subway cars

B41

R68's/R68A's are okay, they may be reliable, but they're just heavy. With more weight comes longer braking distances, and slower acceleration. That's my gripe about the 68's. They also bore me and I don't like the exterior.

Sorry guys but the R68/A is not my favorite car in revenue service. :D

R68's/R68A's are okay, they may be reliable, but they're just heavy. With more weight comes longer braking distances, and slower acceleration. That's my gripe about the 68's. They also bore me and I don't like the exterior.

You two will respect the heepos!!!!! The heepo is a ferocious animal, and will tusk you if you don't respect it.........

I agree with you....I only like them for the roaring sound they make

I like the heepo, just cause of that sound, which is a reason I like the Bombs on the 1 and 7 lines. I love that dynamic braking sound they make when decelerating, and when the brakes are released they applied again, that popping psshh sound they make. That has been showing up on the Bombs on the 1 and 7 lines.......

Love, well that goes to the newest R160s. That grayish interior, and that metal molding around the windows, and doors, add alot to them........But this is about the R68/As, right?????:D:D:D.........

Mind it and lets move on with life...

Yeah, lets get back to R-68...

And speaking of the R-68, is there any other train heavier in the history of the MTA or only the R-68 is the heaviest?

Count on my datasheet for that. It lists the weight for every model currently in service. As for past models, I doubt there is a car that would be heavier than the R68/R68As. Back then, the manufacturers cared A LOT about lightweight design.

R68/R68A is the best subway car ever like I said before.

I don't play favourites with ANY subway car here. They are all good cars. Whether it is a R32 or a hippo or an NTT. As long as they are not prone to breakdowns or other failures, they are good.

The R68/As are reliable cars. They could work on the lighting. As what a few posters said, it is a bit dim.

Archived