Artic Buses in Brooklyn

trainspot12

One of my friends, who work at Flatbush, is saying that there are 3 artics at the Depot and testing on the routes in Flatbush. I don't really go by Brooklyn that much, so I can't really tell whether there are any. Can anybody confirm this?

1050 in Fresh Pond, uncle got to inspect and drive it, could've been sent to flatbush as well

1080 in parts of Queens and Brooklyn

The 3rd artic was believed to be one out of 100th street Depot. Not sure of the #

All artics for operator training

Also, 3 NGs were also in Flatbush for operator training as well

If Flatbush Avenue wasn't so damn narrow then it would be perfect for the B41.

Flatbush Avenue isn't that narrow......I live by Guy R. Brewer Blvd in Queens is becomes narrow after Liberty Avenue and the Q113 local and Limited used to have Artics last year.....so if the Q113 can use Artics so can the B41!

Yeah they should put some there. I bet buses in Brooklyn get very crowded.

Have you seen Everybody Hates Chris? thats one of my favorite shows. The buses at that time were quite crowded; I'm sure they're very crowded now. Yes you have my vote. Artic buses must go to Brooklyn

Artics would be great for a B41 "shuttle" (short run bus) between the Junction and Kings Plaza. When the trains empty out their passengers, that stop can get flooded with people (100+ at a time). Flatbush Ave. gets much less congested between Nostrand Avenue and the Plaza.

The Junction would be a great spot to consider some sort of fast loading SBS system. I know the B44 is due for this service sometime in the long-term future.

A total of 500 Artics are due to be ordered ( or intended to be ordered , not confirmed yet), no one knows from where. 325 Base with 175 Option order artics. And according to sources, The (MTA) is waiting for the new NovaBus Facility in Plattsburgh, NY. Considering that they have tested the LFS/LFS artics in the past, perhaps the LFX is on the top of the ordering chain?

New Flyer, no one knows about their issues as of yet, NABI, I wish they would order some nabis. Dalmier, the Citaro G would have dominated. Hurry up and release that bus already!!!

The artic bus order is supposably going to be announced by 2009 with buses being delivered in late 2009 and 2010, but we'll just have to wait and see

A total of 500 Artics are due to be ordered ( or intended to be ordered , not confirmed yet), no one knows from where. 325 Base with 175 Option order artics. And according to sources, The (MTA) is waiting for the new NovaBus Facility in Plattsburgh, NY. Considering that they have tested the LFS/LFS artics in the past, perhaps the LFX is on the top of the ordering chain?

New Flyer, no one knows about their issues as of yet, NABI, I wish they would order some nabis. Dalmier, the Citaro G would have dominated. Hurry up and release that bus already!!!

The artic bus order is supposably going to be announced by 2009 with buses being delivered in late 2009 and 2010, but we'll just have to wait and see

I hope they don't go to Manhattan.

from what my sources tell me, this first order of mystery Artics is going to be the New Flyer, the Citaro will never make it to New York but will come reincarnated as the Orion X Artic which will be announced to the public next year. Although it's still right now between Nova and New Flyer we may end up seeing both, but who knows we'll just have to wait and see. If it is true that they are testing Artics out of Flatbush this could be an indication of an order for NF because no new driver training would be needed on the buses.

from what my sources tell me, this first order of mystery Artics is going to be the New Flyer, the Citaro will never make it to New York but will come reincarnated as the Orion X Artic which will be announced to the public next year. Although it's still right now between Nova and New Flyer we may end up seeing both, but who knows we'll just have to wait and see. If it is true that they are testing Artics out of Flatbush this could be an indication of an order for NF because no new driver training would be needed on the buses.

I thought it would be the new NovaBus articulated. Oh well.....:cool:

Archived