Playing with NTT signs when C/R

mark1447

Dude, spelling... did you mean come? :)

Not really, since they are supposed to be mainly conversions from existing cars, unless the several new ones they would build can be broken into two three car sets and one four car set or whatever it is the shuttle runs.

ya

and yes but i would like to see some NTTs there, seeing that ridership is high on the (S) from 42TSQ to GC unlike the (7) there

The (S) uses 3-4 cars.....R-142/R-142A's are 5 set cars. They have to order 3-4 set cars for the 42nd Street (S)huttle and it kind of won't make sense

well track 1/3 can have 2 a cabs 1 b cabs

while track for can have 2 a and 2 b

unless NTTs cant be like that?

False. In order to make the 42nd street Shuttle New-Tech based, you'll have to extend the platforms. The TA is no longer ordering cars in single pairs.

well maybe right now there isnt any NTTs but in the future theres gotta be, R62As cant leave for long u know

Like I stated before, the TA is no longer ordering trains in single pairs. The R142/A's are permanently linked into 5-car sets.

The R62/A's are going anywhere for the next 15-20 years. The R62/A's are staying until they retire them.

aye

but when did i say that the R142 will occupy on the (S)? I said for example the R188s

The (9) on the R142/A/S shows up but only as a route not in service. That's what a C/R once told me...

I'll tell you that myself. Someone asked about it before on here, and when I was in 239yd, I played with TOD, and the (9) is in there, but without any route info. Just Not In Service.......

R-142/R-142A's were suppose to get F.I.N.D in the near future....but I think I read that on SubChat. I can't see the F.I.N.D being on the R-142/R-142A's!

Me too.

It was rumoured that the R142/A's would be upgraded in the near future to get this piece of technology. But I feel the strip map is okay, for now.

Well, it is rumoured but reasonable...

R-142 and R-143 could both get it so it would be much easier since all of the lines could use it, ;)!

Exactly, it is rumoured, but there are no definite plans for it.

I remember a few months ago, they were talking about converting R143s to be compatible with R160s, among the features they were planning to add include the FIND display. But once again, rumours.

yea...but I don't understand why they list the 1 train as a skip-stop service.

You can get the 1 skip-stop, the 1 regular, the 1 Bronx Local, 96-Chambers Express, they might even have the 1 to New Lots, or via Lexington. There was a ton of stuff for the 1 line in the TOD.......

Interesting pics!!!!!!!!

yea...but I don't understand why they list the 1 train as a skip-stop service.

Most likely they are keeping it for contingencies or for future skip stop re-implementation. There are many routes for the 1, the regular route, skip stop, via 7th Ave Express etc...

Archived