Playing with NTT signs when C/R

mark1447

well as any1 knows im gonna be the Future C/R [ConductoR] for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority of NY. Anyways my question is. seeing that i wanna work for the IRT [A division]

im assigned to ether the (2)(4)(5)(6)[Or Other NTT routes]. Em i the one whos gonna control the route information? If so, if I plan to have a little fun and wanna change for example the (2) via 7th Ave Express to a (5) via 7th Ave Lcl, or (2) to 241st street and make it a (7) to Main Street. and change it back. Will I get in trouble for doing that by the T/O?

I know station supervisors are at certain station, not sure if they are at all, but they wont be able to see me changing signs..

But for T/Os will they get on me for doing that? Just wondering

BTW Merry Christmas =]~!

NTT= New Technology Train [For the Newbies :D] R110s and later

1.) When the classes begin, It might be for Div A or Div B or both, so you can't really pick which Div your going into.

2.) This is a job, it's not play time. You need to stay professional.

lol, i know.. I just wanted to see how the routes look like..

and i dont get it that TrainMaster (5) guy says he works for A div, so did he picked or is it temp?

well as any1 knows im gonna be the Future C/R [ConductoR] for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority of NY. Anyways my question is. seeing that i wanna work for the IRT [A division]

im assigned to ether the (2)(4)(5)(6)[Or Other NTT routes]. Em i the one whos gonna control the route information? If so, if I plan to have a little fun and wanna change for example the (2) via 7th Ave Express to a (5) via 7th Ave Lcl, or (2) to 241st street and make it a (7) to Main Street. and change it back. Will I get in trouble for doing that by the T/O?

I know station supervisors are at certain station, not sure if they are at all, but they wont be able to see me changing signs..

But for T/Os will they get on me for doing that? Just wondering

BTW Merry Christmas =]~!

NTT= New Technology Train [For the Newbies :D] R110s and later

When you're by your own and finished training, you're assigned a division, you don't choose. Yes C/R is in charge of the proper route setting on your train, but the only place I see you changing signs is in a yard, b/c the train is not in passenger service, and the T/O won't talk bs to you, neither will supervision.

lol, i know.. I just wanted to see how the routes look like..

and i dont get it that TrainMaster (5) guy says he works for A div, so did he picked or is it temp?

I can pick any line or division I want because of my seniority. When you become a C/R and go to school car you will be assigned a division and tour of duty upon completion of training. Whichever division needs people is where you'll be sent. If both divisions need people you may be given a choice. That also goes by seniority. We pick jobs twice a year. Also FYI the display is called a TOD (train operator's display) where routes are set up. Both crew members are responsible for the accuracy of such although the C/R historically sets it up. In the yard you can play around but on the road it's a big no-no. In your case the options would be suspension or termination, probably the latter.

oh dont worry when the R188s are on the (7) ill make sure its a (2) to the Bronx via Lex Local and Bronx Express hehe xD jk

That will sure confuse the blank out of people! :):D:D

Well, I recommend you to play with those signs in the Yard since you can get more aspects of how it would look like... I just wish I can play with the signs to see the (8), (10), (11), (12), (13) and (!4) bullets as well as the (H), (K), (P), (T), (U), (X) and (Y) bullets... I never got a chance to roll it all the way to those stuff when on the RedBirds and R-32/R-38's...

Unless if it is a (11) sign on a (7), (13) on a (3) or like color on a like color routing, I feel it is a bit okay...

Be realistic... we are talking about NEW TECHNOLOGY TRAINS HERE. Since when did we start to talk about bullets and rollsigns?????? The lines you mentioned are not programmed into the computer. You will find a 9 on the R142/A's computer but not all those other lines.

How about the R-160's? I don't mind not seeing the bullets/rollsign stuff, but the LED's is fine enough...

I was saying why were you bringing up rollsign and bullet stuff in your earlier post?

This is what you wrote earlier:

"Well, I recommend you to play with those signs in the Yard since you can get more aspects of how it would look like... I just wish I can play with the signs to see the (8), (10), (11), (12), (13) and (!4) bullets as well as the , , (P), , (U), (X) and (Y) bullets... I never got a chance to roll it all the way to those stuff when on the RedBirds and R-32/R-38's...

Unless if it is a (11) sign on a , (13) on a or like color on a like color routing, I feel it is a bit okay..."

Of course, since the R-142, R-142A and R-142S is mostly like IRT which of course has all lines effective as of January 2001... That is the (1), (2), (3), (4), <4>, (5), <5>, (6), <6>, (7), <7>, (9)... Maybe there is (8) and (0) too, :)!

(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)<5>(6)<6>(7)(9) Certainly exists

<7> may exist, I have doubts since I never saw its appearance ever.

<4> I have never seen before... IIRC, the supposed <4> that skips 138th uses a (4).

(8)(0): forget it.

I was saying why were you bringing up rollsign and bullet stuff in your earlier post?

This is what you wrote earlier:

"Well, I recommend you to play with those signs in the Yard since you can get more aspects of how it would look like... I just wish I can play with the signs to see the (8), (10), (11), (12), (13) and (!4) bullets as well as the , , (P), , (U), (X) and (Y) bullets... I never got a chance to roll it all the way to those stuff when on the RedBirds and R-32/R-38's...

Unless if it is a (11) sign on a , (13) on a or like color on a like color routing, I feel it is a bit okay..."

(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)<5>(6)<6>(7)(9) Certainly exists

<7> may exist, I have doubts since I never saw its appearance ever.

<4> I have never seen before... IIRC, the supposed <4> that skips 138th uses a (4).

(8)(0): forget it.

(1),(2),(3),(4),(5),<5>,(6),<6>,(7),<7>,(9), and(S) on the R142's. Not sure about the R142A. Also note that some R142 and R142A cars say " Brooklyn Express " instead of " Eastern Parkway Express " on the side signs. Again there is NO such car as a R142S. What railfans refer to as R142S is actually a Bombardier R142 car with a different series of car numbers.

(1),(2),(3),(4),(5),<5>,(6),<6>,(7),<7>,(9), and(S) on the R142's. Not sure about the R142A. Also note that some R142 and R142A cars say " Brooklyn Express " instead of " Eastern Parkway Express " on the side signs. Again there is NO such car as a R142S. What railfans refer to as R142S is actually a Bombardier R142 car with a different series of car numbers.

man your smart, i guess u r right but wat does the S means? Single?

and im guessing the reason why some trains may say Bronx Express or Brooklyn Express is becuz the t/a didnt update the system for em.

I know that there is one 10 set R142 on the WP side for the (2)(5). I notice for ex the (2) would say:

(2) Wakefield-241st Street

(2) 7th Avenue Express

Inside:

(2)To Wakefield-241st Street (With TO, no longer TOs for 142/142A NTs)

(2) The Next Stop is

(2) Intervale Avenue

(2) 12:00PM

And when it is on the 7th ave line the (9) still shows up:

This is 96th Street.... Transfer is available to the (1) and (9) Train...

Same for the (5)

Is the T/A gonna fix this soon or something?

R-142S #7731-7810 and it made by the same company as the R-142A's which is Kawasaki. Most ppl call them R-142A's....I consider them to be R-142S. All the IRT Lines programmed on both R-142 and R-142A's if the (2) and (5) programs are on the R-142A's I'm sure it on the other A Division lines as well!

(S) = Shuttle.

He meant the S in R142S...

It stands for supplement, it is a supplementary order of about 80 cars to the R142A order.

(S) = Shuttle.

ya juilio just cuz u work with DOE doesnt mean i wanna learn skool work on a vacation :) jkjk xD

anyways i was just wondering, if the R188s do *** into services, is it POSSIBLE for the (MTA) to equip the (S) with em and return the R62 to the (3)?

anyways i was just wondering, if the R188s do *** into services, is it POSSIBLE for the (MTA) to equip the (S) with em and return the R62 to the (3)?

Dude, spelling... did you mean come? :)

Not really, since they are supposed to be mainly conversions from existing cars, unless the several new ones they would build can be broken into two three car sets and one four car set or whatever it is the shuttle runs.

Archived