R40 slants on the E

FlushingExpress

someone on straphangers want R40 slants to go on the E if the R32-R40M/42 switch happens, which i highly doubt it will. i do not have an account there, but if anyone does, tell him this: "It is pointless to have R40 slants on the E because they are set to retire in April-May 2009 right after the R38s!"

Seriously, do we have to? As much as I would want to see Slants on the (E) as the next guy, you can just ignore him. Something that happens on another forum doesn't need to be bought here especially if its something as foolish as that. And even if, Slants were never involved in the swap, only R40Ms, and R42s.

someone on straphangers want R40 slants to go on the E if the R32-R40M/42 switch happens, which i highly doubt it will. i do not have an account there, but if anyone does, tell him this: "It is pointless to have R40 slants on the E because they are set to retire in April-May 2009 right after the R38s!"

Dude... it took me only minutes to make an account there today, it should not be that hard for you to go to RD and set an account and post.

And like what SevenEleven said, everything there stays there, everything here stays here, let us not talk about stuff discussed there.

The (E) may get slants, but if you hear R-40 (without M) and R-42 going to Jamaica, it is possible the (E) will get... Cannot be like 'oh, that is stupid; oh, the R-40/R-42 is retiring!!!

The R40/42 are retiring. Use correct grammar.

(E) might not get slants just because the so-call "R40/42" going to Jamaica.

The R40/42 are retiring. Use correct grammar.

(E) might not get slants just because the so-call "R40/42" going to Jamaica.

Makes no sense. There are no R40s on the E. Just R42s on the E, R, or F in the Jamaica yard. No R40Ms, no R40 slants.

The (E) may get slants, but if you hear R-40 (without M) and R-42 going to Jamaica, it is possible the (E) will get... Cannot be like 'oh, that is stupid; oh, the R-40/R-42 is retiring!!!

Like what Ulmer said, use correct grammar. "Are"

The E WILL NOT GET SLANTS AT ALL. Period.

The original swap was intended to transfer only R40 Modifieds and R42s to Jamaica from Pitkin, not slants. Slants, even if such a swap took place, would remain on the A/C. And this swap was cancelled.

Okay, I'll try but everyone does make mistakes, and I get a line of mistakes when people is driving me into a flame war...

I know, may and might are both not 100%!

Yes, there is no Slants on the (E) but, I saw a (;) slant in Jamaica Yard for some reason...

Yes, I'll try but don't correct me or a flame war will start... You know it already!

Please stay on topic.

I do recall seeing a train like a Mod or a Slant sitting on the Jamaica Yd approach tracks, it said Not In Service. It was a few months ago. But no, slants were never intended for service on the Jamaica Yd lines nowadays.

R40slants were never supposed to go to Jamaica Yard. They are staying on the (A) and (C) until they retire next year (or the year after that).

R40slants were never supposed to go to Jamaica Yard. They are staying on the (A) and (C) until they retire next year (or the year after that).

Most likely they will retire in around 6 months. I remember how everyone thought that the slants would retire this year, 2008... turns out that they lived past this year. Amazing.

Most likely they will retire in around 6 months. I remember how everyone thought that the slants would retire this year, 2008... turns out that they lived past this year. Amazing.

R40 slants are retiring in April-May 2009 like i said first thing last night. i used to have an account on RD, but i stopped logging in because people there are just that childish

R40 slants are retiring in April-May 2009 like i said first thing last night. i used to have an account on RD, but i stopped logging in because people there are just that childish

Yeah, there is no way for the slants to all of a sudden go to Jamaica Yd for service, it is not going to happen. It's a waste of time and cash, even if foamers beg to death for them. Yeah I heard many stories about RD, I just made my account yesterday, can't wait to witness them firsthand.

There Are!!

Second time, my friend. Work on your plural and singular stuff.

He needs to work on his grammar, however, this should be taken care of by his school or someplace else, I don't recall the New York City Transit Forums being a Grammar School. :P

ESlant.jpg

Well he did say he wanted to see a Slant on the (E).

Photo belong to David P. from http://www.nycsubway.org

Was that when the E ran to the Rockaways? I think that looks something like JFK Howard Beach (in the old days of course)

Thanks but don't start this! I am working on to clear my mind up from plural/singular problems, still takes time! Now go back to regular discussion!!!

I know it is going to be waste of time, but how come I saw a (:P slant in Jamaica Yard?

No need for grammer school, just mind tangling! I am working on to clear my mind up from plural/singular problems, still takes time! Now go back to regular discussion!!!

handtohead.jpg

How about this... the train is definitely OOS and is probably used for work... There are slant garbage trains.

Archived