Brooklyn man dragged to death by an MTA Bus

Trainspotter

An out-of-service MTA bus dragged a Brooklyn man 100 feet to his death Saturday after hitting him as it cruised toward a nearby depot last night, authorities said.

The 21-year-old man was struck by the B67 after he emerged onto the street from between two parked cars on 36th St. in Kensington about 8:30 p.m., authorities said.

Witnesses said the unidentified man was hanging out with two friends when he was struck by the right passenger side of the bus and then dragged 100 feet.

"He was trapped behind the back tire," said a neighbor, who identified himself as Rey, 32. "He was breathing. You could see smoke coming out of his mouth because it was so cold."

The driver, who was not identified, remained at the scene of the accident and is not expected to face criminal charges, police sources said. It was unclear how fast the bus was moving.

"The man came in contact with the front right side of the bus," said MTA spokeswoman Marisa Baldeo. "He came out between the cars and came in contact with the bus."

The man suffered head and chest wounds, she said.

The driver, who has worked for the MTA since February 2006, appeared distraught and at one point began to cry as he paced back and forth inside his bus, witnesses said.

"He looked like he was in shock," said a police source. "He kept sitting down and standing up inside the bus."

BY DORIAN BLOCK AND JOTHAM SEDERSTROM

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

January 4th 2009

That;s horrible to hear, I feel bad for the family of the man and for the bus driver

Most likely either a VII CNG or C40LF

That was a C40LF.

Before MTA gets a huge lawsuit, MTA needs to retrofit the entire bus fleet with wheel deflectors RIGHT NOW!!!, Chicago CTA and WMATA has it and it already save lives to prevent death instantly.

As an Ex-B/O, I just can't feel sorry for an adult who gets smacked by a bus. Seen it too many times, where people just don't care, and think they have so much of the right of way, that they just walk into the street without looking.

Sadly there are blind people who would love to see what's coming at them, and a good pair of eyes was wasted on someone who wouldn't use them. I don't feel one bit sorry for making these comments either. I tell it as I see it........

Archived