1190, 8379, and 8511

Q25toJamaica

Nice shots!

Nice shots, suprised these buses are not falling apart!

Nice shots

Nice pics!!

Amazing how 1190 still got the MTA Bus stripe instead of the NYCTA stripe. That means they haven't repainted it since takeover. :)

Nice photos.

Damn 8379 looks almost new!!!!!!!! Nice and clean. Not like LGAs:)

Thanks

That bus is shining up my desktop now lol

Guest Charles

What was 1190's # prior to the takeover?

And someone please clarify about the PBL RTSs:

I know the 97xx buses came from Queens Surface.

I know the 71xx buses came from Triboro.

I've seen a couple of 11xx buses on JFK routes, who were the operators back then and what wer etheir numbers?

What was 1190's # prior to the takeover?

And someone please clarify about the PBL RTSs:

I know the 97xx buses came from Queens Surface.

I know the 71xx buses came from Triboro.

I've seen a couple of 11xx buses on JFK routes, who were the operators back then and what wer etheir numbers?

97XX buses are Queens Surface

7XXX buses are Triboro

Low 59XX RTS and 59XX are Green Lines

599X buses are Jamaica Bus Lines

11XX buses are Jamaica Buses

I don't remember 1190s number before takeover, but 11XX buses should not be on JFK routes unless it's a split route with Far Rockaway like the Q11 in which case you can see buses like 1189 (rollsigns btw) and 1190 on it.

For example here,

is 1189 down Woodhaven Boulevard (I don't know what it was doing here since it is a Far Rockaway bus and this was prior to the Q21 extension) However, I think it returned from Elmhurst in Q11 service.

Guest Charles
97XX buses are Queens Surface

7XXX buses are Triboro

Low 59XX RTS and 59XX are Green Lines

599X buses are Jamaica Bus Lines

11XX buses are Jamaica Buses

I don't remember 1190s number before takeover, but 11XX buses should not be on JFK routes unless it's a split route with Far Rockaway like the Q11 in which case you can see buses like 1189 (rollsigns btw) and 1190 on it.

For example here,

is 1189 down Woodhaven Boulevard (I don't know what it was doing here since it is a Far Rockaway bus and this was prior to the Q21 extension) However, I think it returned from Elmhurst in Q11 service.

Thanks for the info! But what about Bus #7212? Is that a Triboro bus that just happened to end up at Far Rockaway Depot?

Thanks for the info! But what about Bus #7212? Is that a Triboro bus that just happened to end up at Far Rockaway Depot?

7212 was a Triboro bus that just for some reason is at JFK.

I mean, 9700s are all Queens Surface yet College Point doesn't have a single one of them, let alone an RTS in general.

Amazing how 1190 still got the MTA Bus stripe instead of the NYCTA stripe. That means they haven't repainted it since takeover. :)

Nice photos.

1173,78,89 and 1190 was repainted 4 days before the takeover, Jamaica Buses decided to repaint 4 buses Blue and white befor the takeover.

Archived