MLB 2009 Season

Shortline Bus

Breaking News. The 2nd major name that is a part of the infamous 1st class of failing the 2003 steriod testing class in MLB beides A ROD is former Cubs slugger Sammy Sosa. That according to NY Times website. So now the chances of Sosa making the HOF has gone down to very slim. :mad:

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A cheating fraud, not suprised. He will not get into the HOF.

Back to on thefield stuff. I cant believe it the Washington National one of the worst teams in modern MLB history(since at least during world war 2)beat the Yanks 3-2 last night 6-17-09 at the new stadium.

Back to on thefield stuff. I cant believe it the Washington National one of the worst teams in modern MLB history(since at least during world war 2)beat the Yanks 3-2 last night 6-17-09 at the new stadium.

Well, the Nats have to win sometime. Even 100-game losers win sometime.

What pisses me off is that Wang only gave up three runs but the Yankees didn't hit at all and an ump blew a crucial call. Figures that once he gives them a decent outing they don't back him up.

Well, the Nats have to win sometime. Even 100-game losers win sometime.

What pisses me off is that Wang only gave up three runs but the Yankees didn't hit at all and an ump blew a crucial call. Figures that once he gives them a decent outing they don't back him up.

Why in the hell are the Yankees (as of 445pm) game this afternoon vs the Nats still in rain delay?

The US golf Open on Long Island postponed ther 1st round matches today so why not the Yanks? I know this is only apperence this year for the Washington club at Yankee Stadium and the Yanks want to avoid lots of make up games in August/Sept. Still they are multi million dollar players and weather cancellations are regular part of the game.:mad:

Still dont the Yankee exces and MLB watch the weather and over an inch of rain was predicted for the day. Does nobody care about the fans especially those visiting from out of region?

Why in the hell are the Yankees (as of 445pm) game this afternoon vs the Nats still in rain delay?

The US golf Open on Long Island postponed ther 1st round matches today so why not the Yanks? I know this is only apperence this year for the Washington club at Yankee Stadium and the Yanks want to avoid lots of make up games in August/Sept. Still they are multi million dollar players and weather cancellations are regular part of the game.:mad:

Still dont the Yankee exces and MLB watch the weather and over an inch of rain was predicted for the day. Does nobody care about the fans especially those visiting from out of region?

Remember that this is interleague. Think about it... this is the only time during the season these two teams meet. They want to get that game in to avoid having to mess up the schedule later on. Matter of fact, they're playing now. 1-0 Nats, top 2nd.

Remember that this is interleague. Think about it... this is the only time during the season these two teams meet. They want to get that game in to avoid having to mess up the schedule later on. Matter of fact, they're playing now. 1-0 Nats, top 2nd.

I hope everyone who get tickets to this game (Nats vs Yanks 6/18/09)whether they went or not were automatically given tickets to any remaining game for rest of the season at same seat location.:mad:

Its offically the Bronx Bombers bats are in slump. Despite fact, AJ Speaking of Burnett picthed a very good game giving up only 2 runs tonight on 6/20/09. However, the Yankee bats were very quiet as well. Not good enough as the Fish win 2-1.

FYI. For those of you who think interleague is boring fans, think again. The Marlins draw among their highest regular season attendence records in team history. Last Night and Tonight game (6/20/09) both draw almost 50,000 people each night. Granted alot of former New Yorkers and Y ankee fans live in South Fla. but the Mets are Marlins division rivals and play in Miami 7-9 games a year. Yet the other NY MLB team never draw that well in that stadium.

For 2009 season, even with good young team the Fish average attendence at Dolphin Stadium or w/e that stadium is called now is only 20,000 among the worst in MLB. Granted the recession has hurt their attendence like almost all MLB teams this season.

I am sure the same will occur in Atlanta with higher than normal attendence when Yanks visit Turner Field this coming week. Interleague is here to stay like it or not.:confused:

The Marlins draw among their highest regular season attendence records in team history. Last Night and Tonight game (6/20/09) both draw almost 50,000 people each night[/b]. Granted alot of former New Yorkers and Y ankee fans live in South Fla. but the Mets are Marlins division rivals and play in Miami 7-9 games a year. Yet the other NY MLB team never draw that well in that stadium.

The Yankees draw crowds wherever they go.

Guest Charles

Carlos Beltran is the latest Met to go onto the DL...ah this is frustrating. :cry: At least they'll be healthy by September.

Carlos Beltran is the latest Met to go onto the DL...ah this is frustrating. :cry: At least they'll be healthy by September.

That may be, but will the Mets be playoff contenders by then with most of their big players out? Serious question here.

Guest Charles

Their chances of the World Series are slimmed, I admit. But the NL East isn't a powerhouse as it was at the start of the season. Florida's disappeared after their ridiculous start: they've got great offense, but no reliable decent starting pitcher, and Matt Lindstrom is awful. The Nationals have a decent offense too, but their pitching is an absolute joke. Atlanta and Philly are the Mets' biggest competition right now: the big question for both teams is also pitching. Tommy Hanson was really good yesterday, but he's only a rookie. Myers and Lidge are on the DL, and the Phillies have no reliable pitchers behind Blanton and Hamels. Ibanez is on the DL (I'm not sure if he's still on or not) The NL East is a slightly weakened division due to injuries, and the Mets do still have a shot at limping into October with the NL East crown, assuming no other major catastrophic injury, but that could happen any day.

Their chances of the World Series are slimmed, I admit. But the NL East isn't a powerhouse as it was at the start of the season. Florida's disappeared after their ridiculous start: they've got great offense, but no reliable decent starting pitcher, and Matt Lindstrom is awful. The Nationals have a decent offense too, but their pitching is an absolute joke. Atlanta and Philly are the Mets' biggest competition right now: the big question for both teams is also pitching. Tommy Hanson was really good yesterday, but he's only a rookie. Myers and Lidge are on the DL, and the Phillies have no reliable pitchers behind Blanton and Hamels. Ibanez is on the DL (I'm not sure if he's still on or not) The NL East is a slightly weakened division due to injuries, and the Mets do still have a shot at limping into October with the NL East crown, assuming no other major catastrophic injury, but that could happen any day.

As i stated before it seem every mLB club more this season than in recent years has been affected by injuries.

Regarding the NL East i say at this point about 88-90 wins the divison. The Dodgers will be the #1 seed in playoffs barring injuries.

A-Rod is struggling mighty, I think Girardi should drop him down in the lineup, after Nady is back. My lineup will be:

1. Derek Jeter-SS

2. Johnny Damon-LF

3. Robinson Cano-2B

4. Mark Teixiera-1B

5. Jorge Posada-C

6. Alex Rodriguez-3B

7. Xavier Nady/Nick Swisher-RF

8. Hideki Matsui-DH

9. Melky Cabrera/Brett Gardner/Nick Swisher-CF

You have until 11:59 PM tonight, to vote for the All-Star game, help Teixeira go past Boston's Youkilis, and Beltran past Soriano, so vote before tonight, and help send these two to the all-star game.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2009/ballot_reg.html

And let the debate begin. In what is still the most pretigous all star game in pro sports, the all-pro selections to the 2009 MLB all star game at the new Busch Stadium in St.Louis was made today. Without further delay here the players choices. Starting Pitchers and additional players will be picked by end of this week.

FYI. Pujols a triple crown threat was this year top vote gater.

Also Manny was not eigible for this year NL team due to his suspension.

NL Starters

C Yadier Molina Cardinals

1B Albert Pujols Cardinals

2B Chase Utley Phillies

3B David Wright Mets

SS Hanley Ramirez Marlins

OF Ryan Braun Brewers

OF Raul Ibanez Phillies

OF Carlos Beltran Mets

AL Starters

C Joe Mauer Twins

1B Mark Teixeira Yankees