MLB 2009 Season

Shortline Bus

7line fan. FYI. Remember this past weekend (8/15-16/09)the Mets wearing those 'retro' uniforms. According to both Newsday and MLB.COM they were honoring the 1905 WS Champion NY Giants the first NYC-based MLB club to win the world series in modern era.(since 1900)& not the NY Cuban of the old "Negro Baseball Leagues' like they have done in recent years.

Gotcha in PM.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You sure that was not a NFL game between the Pats and Jets/Giants?:cool:
LOL!

As a big Red Sox fan, that game disappointed me. C'mon, Boston, beat them again already! :mad:

BTW, despite the Dodgers winning three of their last four games, does anyone think that they will collapse and miss the playoffs?

LOL!

As a big Red Sox fan, that game disappointed me. C'mon, Boston, beat them again already! :mad:

BTW, despite the Dodgers winning three of their last four games, does anyone think that they will collapse and miss the playoffs?

Dont blame me if you bet S1 Million bucks & lose lol but imo the Red Sox have more of a chance of missing the playoffs than the Dodgers.

The Bosox will compete with at least '4' other teams in brutal AL(Rays, Rangers/Angels AL west runner up Tigers/White Sox and maybe the Twins as well)

On other hand the NL is much weaker. Dodgers only have to worry about '3' teams to over take them for 'wild card' if they blow their NL west lead. The Giants/Rockies and Marlins.

On other hand the NL is much weaker. Dodgers only have to worry about '3' teams to over take them for 'wild card' if they blow their NL west lead. The Giants/Rockies and Marlins.
Don't forget the Braves, as well. They have a good shot of making the playoffs, too.

Also, LAD has to be careful of the bad teams, 'cause they can steal a game or two and play spoilers.

Well, after a crazy weekend in Boston, the Yankees (78-46) take two out of three vs the Red Sox. C.C. Sabathia got the win to improve to 15-7. Jason Ellsbury struck out against Mo with J.D. Drew on third to end the game.

The Yankees have a seven and one-half games lead in the A.L. East and the season series stands at 6-9 with four games remaining.

In the A.L. Wildcard race, the Red Sox (70-53) have a game lead over the Rangers and a three game lead over the Rays.

P.S. Josh Beckett got the lost.

I went to game today, and I had fun, despite the fact the Mets lost 6-2. The view from the Pespi Porch was great. I think I may have jinxed Chase Utley when Angel Pagan hit that leadoff pop-up in the bottom of the first because I yelled Drop the Ball!!!!, Drop the Ball!!!!!, and he did just that:p:p:p:cool: and Pagan scored. I saw Ryan Howard's two powerful home runs, the first in left and the one that landed in Section 302 of the Pepsi Porch. A whole bunch yelled at the guy who caught it throw it back, but he kept it and left. I saw Billy Wagner pitch a great 8th inning in relief, perhaps his last if he goes to Boston Tommorow. The stadium for the most part was great, and it was great to see Mets History honored at last in the park, however the stairs in Citi Field can be painted because they looked unfinished and kinda ugly and I hope Concession Prices are lowered in the future. However it was cool to be there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't like all those crazy wall heights and angles at Citi.

Too bad when I went on Friday, the Phils lost :P I'm 1-5 when I see the Phils.

Even with your team's recent slump, injuries to several important players and Lidge(it be a concern come playoff time) that would destroy many other teams season ie see The 2009 NY Mets Toronto Blue Jays and Chicago Cubs, the phils are still in 1st place. So barring a guge collapse R32 your club will be in the 'final 8' again of MLB dance tournment.

The Phillies are going to take the NL East, their rotation is solid right now with Cliff Lee and Pedro can give a few decent innings [long reliever in the playoffs].

The Rockies, yeah they are hot. I thought a few months ago it would the the Giants taking the NL WC, but the way the Rockies have beaten them, I think the Giants are done. But there's still the Braves and Marlins [this team just never dies].

Sucks the Cubs aren't doing so well. Lol, now that they have new owners maybe they should get rid of the current team and buy up the Marlins organization and move them to Chicago. The Marlins will at least be able to do something more if they had money to spend on keeping their players or getting some free agents. The Cubs are just cursed.

Any one watch the Rockies? Since July 1st, They been the hottest team in MLB.

Yeah, I saw the ending of the game last night, they had to walk Helton to load the bases so they have a force play at any base, up comes Tulowitzki, first pitch, bam, line drive single to left center.

The Rockies had that great run in 2007, they won like 21 out of 22 games in September to make the playoffs, but they got swept in 4 games by the Red Sox in the World Series.

I still believe that the Dodgers can win the division. The Rockies should get the WC, they are in good shape.

Any one watch the Rockies? Since July 1st, They been the hottest team in MLB.

Yea, they've been playing excellent, with their great pitching and offense from Helton, and others. On June 1st, they were 15 1/2 game behind the Dodgers, and if they can overtake the Dodgers, then they will set major-league history.

Yea, they've been playing excellent, with their great pitching and offense from Helton, and others. On June 1st, they were 15 1/2 game behind the Dodgers, and if they can overtake the Dodgers, then they will set major-league history.

The Rockies streak has gotten national media attention as well. The Last 2 days, it was the lead story on both ESPN's sportcenter and Fox Sports Net's "The Final Score.'

In an excellent game today, Shane Mitre (3-1) pitched 6 and 1/3 innings of one hit ball as the Yankees win 10-0. The White Sox' only hit, of the game, it turned out was a double by Jim Thome.

The Yankees take their first step and clinch a .500 season (81-48) in game 129 and maintain a 6 and 1/2 games lead over the Boston Red Sox.

The Captain, #2, Derek Jeter went 3 for 4 and is batting .333 with an on base percentage of .396 on the season.

I'm an LAA fan and I think were the only team that can beat the Yankees we jus acquired 2x-All-Star "Scott Kazmir" so our rotation will be even stronger...just have that in mind.

The Angels got Scott Kazmir and he cleared waivers? Dumb question guys. I thought the trade deadline was July 31 and i am aware about the waiver period until sept 1. Someone please explain why have a waiver period as i am confused and what it means:confused:? Thanks

Archived