MLB 2009 Season

Shortline Bus

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Phillies lost to the Nats of all teams. Not a good day to be a Yankee or Phillie fan.

On serious matter I am sure there wont be a dry eye in South Philly this weekend remembering the late Phillies Announcer Harry Kalas.

Tonight game will be a 'tribute' and tommorow(4/18/09) his body will be in display at the ballpark all day.

Kalas's funeral will be Monday and be held 'private.'

Guest Charles

Enough Yankees news here. The Mets won tonight. Gary Sheffield hit his 500th career home run. Luis Castillo had the game winning hit. Great game.

I want Swisher, Wang gave up 4 runs already! Now 6 runs! I spoke too soon, 7 runs!

You gotta be kidding me, 14 runs for Indians in the 2nd inning, thanks to Wang and Clagett.

And it all totals up to a 22-4 loss. On national TV no less.

Maybe, it's time for Yankee fans to bring that much hated chant into their new home if this happens again...

"Yankees suck! Yankees suck!"

Maybe then they'll wake up, seeing Yankee fans shout that at home.

Might be kind of late but my picks are

American League

East

Rays

Red Sox

Yankees

Blue Jays

Orioles

Central

Twins

Royals

White Sox

Tribe

Tigers

West

Angels-My team!Go Angels!!

Mariners

A's

Rangers

National League

East

Mets

Phils

Atlanta

Marlins

Nats

Central

Cubs

Cards

Cincci

Astros

Brewers

Pitt

West

Dodgers

D'Back

Giants

Colorado

San Diego

I chose Rays for the ALE because they are a young team and proved that they got talent.I think there pitching is out standing such as Scott Kazmir and batting is out standing like young Evan Longoria,Carl Crawford,B.J Upton and Pena.

I chose the Twins for the Central because they have good talent but are developing,they came 1 game short of the playoffs last year.

I chose Angels for West because its my team:D,and Angels have a wonderful squad.Manager Mike Scoscia is very smart and knows the game well.Angels have lots of power like Torii Hunter,Bobby Abreu,Vlad Guerrero and Mike Napoli.The pitching is phonominal even though we lost K-Rod but Fuentes is good,he saved over 30 games last season.If were healthy we'll win 95+games again.

Wild Card:Redsox

National

Mets have wonderful pitching and has overhauled bullpen K-Rod and JJ Putz.Batting good.

Cubs it was a tough pick.They won almost 100games last year,lets see if they would do it again.

Dodgers will easily clinch with an upgrade with Manny Ramirez which has tremendous power and has career 500+HR's.

Thank You

Go Angels!!

Wow. Just wow. Did my Yankees ever get drubbed. Slaughtered. Annihilated. Just flat-out EMBARRASSED. 22-4. I'm still reeling. That was so bad.

Wang is done, IMO. He's not the same anymore. And our bullpen? What bullpen?..... :cry: :confused:

Can we say time to put Joba in the bullpen?

Yeah, but then what will be done to our starting pitching? Wang's no good anymore, Hughes and Kennedy never WERE good (though I'll give Hughes one more chance), it would leave us with only three starters. We need to get some more guys. Pronto.

Well, actually, we did pick up a few guys that would be useful like Brett Tomko, and Sergio Mitre (Mitre has a 50-game supension), if I was Joe Girardi, this is my roster:

Starters

1. Sabathia

2. Burnett

3. Pettite

4. Hughes

5. Chamberlain

Relievers

CL-Mariano Rivera

SU-Brian Bruney

Edwar Ramirez

Jonathon Albaladejo

Mark Melaceon

Phil Coke

Chien-Ming Wang

Lineup/Bench

1. Johnny Damon - LF

2. Derek Jeter - SS

3. Nick Swisher - RF

4. Mark Teixeira - 1B

5. Jorge Posada - C

6. Robinson Cano - 2B

7. Melky Cabrera - DH

8. Cody Ransom - 3B

9. Brett Gardner - CF

Bench

1. Jose Molina

2. Ramiro Pena

3. Hideki Matsui

4. Austion Jackson

Shifting gears for mnute. A question for Metsfan and others? I know he lives near Philadelphia. Did the Phillies and Philadelphia region you think went 'overbroad' in the passing of Announcer Harry Kalas? He was just a broadcaster for 40 years.

In Philly they already plan to name a street and create a statue in his honor. Kalas death was accoding to many people in Philly, the most coverage ever for a Philly sports player or 'personality'(aka Announcer)to pass away.

Here in NY area, when Phil Rizzuto, Bob Murphy and Bobby Murcer died in past few year it never got that amount of attention as Kalas did on local Philly papers and TV news. What you guys think?

Archived