Exam No. 8098 is now open for applications

Y2Julio

I had the same problem. I emailed them and Ms Abdullah sent me an email response after hours stating:

"The reason you are getting that message is because you did not save your EETP.

You must save your Education and Experience Test Paper. Then press submit, the error message that you are seeing will then go away." The problem is that there is no save icon at the end of the EETP just a survey and a submit icon. By the way her contact number does not pick because her voicemail is full and she has no other attendant specified to even foward this issue to. H E L P!!!!!!

I had the same problem. I emailed them and Ms Abdullah sent me an email response after hours stating:

"The reason you are getting that message is because you did not save your EETP.

You must save your Education and Experience Test Paper. Then press submit, the error message that you are seeing will then go away." The problem is that there is no save icon at the end of the EETP just a survey and a submit icon. By the way her contact number does not pick because her voicemail is full and she has no other attendant specified to even foward this issue to. H E L P!!!!!!

Oh yea baby im on the same story as u are. I got the same email same person yada yada I believe if you get a conframation number should be allset but I will be calling someone 2 make sure this is good...any1 else on this boat hehe

Originally Posted by Y2Julio View Post

Man, I just LOVE dealing with City Employees lol I called DCAS and the guy wouldn't even let me explain the issue completely, he just said wait 24 hours and check again to see if it's still in the "Review/Continue Exams in Progress" section.

What that stuff means is, first they will grade the actual test papers to see who passed. Then they will put that list in order by score. Then as they start calling those who passed (by highest score first), they will also check your education and work experience. You don't have it together, you lose, and they move on to the next person. All who apply, pass, and have the E and E, won't get in, as there are only so many spots, for so many who apply. So even if you pass, they might extinguish the list before calling you, so they won't check your E and E. This is to put it in everyday people terms.......

What that stuff means is, first they will grade the actual test papers to see who passed. Then they will put that list in order by score. Then as they start calling those who passed (by highest score first), they will also check your education and work experience. You don't have it together, you lose, and they move on to the next person. All who apply, pass, and have the E and E, won't get in, as there are only so many spots, for so many who apply. So even if you pass, they might extinguish the list before calling you, so they won't check your E and E. This is to put it in everyday people terms.......

The way you explain it is the EXACT way it's always been done so why would they need to add this extra wording to the listing?

So in the interest of being absolutely clear. On the page Review/Continue Exams in Progress I have the following:

Education and Experience Test Paper You have until midnight of 03/24/2009 to complete your education and experience test paper

Are you saying that his is normal until the exam is taken and HR evaluates this info. It just seems reasonable that it should indicate completed once the info is entered and not give the above message.

Thats how mine is showing up as well, when I called DCAS I was told to wait 24 hours and see if it's still showing up as pending. I will call them back tomorrow if I see that it's still in the review section.

Thats how mine is showing up as well, when I called DCAS I was told to wait 24 hours and see if it's still showing up as pending. I will call them back tomorrow if I see that it's still in the review section.

yeah im not sure what the issue is. i went to "redo" my E&E to see if it was saved, and everything was in there, and i completed it to the point where it says "thanks for completing this" and automatically logs you out, but yet it still says Pending...hmmm...

I don't like this one bit. Hopefully it's not messing up with our chances of getting in early. I will see if I can call them later on or if someone has a chance, call for us. The number for DCAS is 212 669-1357.

i think at the time we filled out the application is cool and they give you till the end of the month to edit the other part we have confirmation numbers already wich are already set in at the time we filed, its not like one person is having this problem, everyone who's filing online is going thru the same thing.

i printed out everything just in case but you never know.

I'm totally nervous...i had to dig back as far when I was 16 for work experience to cover work experience...-sigh- really hope its all enough.

If anybody has a hard time remembering their work history,etc,you can get a copy of your Social Security earnings statement throughout the years that you worked.

I don't like this one bit. Hopefully it's not messing up with our chances of getting in early. I will see if I can call them later on or if someone has a chance, call for us. The number for DCAS is 212 669-1357.

All O/C takes the test on the same day. There is no getting in early or late. Your scored determines when you get in........

All O/C takes the test on the same day. There is no getting in early or late. Your scored determines when you get in........
I'm referring to when they use the time you submitted your application as the tie breaker for equal scores.

Archived