Are the R62/As still running on the (4)?

R10 2952

I take the (4) from time to time, and have heard about the transfer of R62/A shuttle cars to the (4) from the (3), but all the same, I haven't seen a set of junior hippos on the (4) since roughly October 2008. Are they still on the (4), or have they moved? These 25 cars are all singles, right?:(

u know thats a good question, i havent seen any R62's on the (4) in quite a while, now let me get this straight, when 62's first went into service i saw was on the (4) then the (6) then so on but the (4)'s had the ones from kawasaki usually numbered in the teens "1461" something like that, but the others were over 2000 would those be R62A's?

u know thats a good question, i havent seen any R62's on the (4) in quite a while, now let me get this straight, when 62's first went into service i saw was on the (4) then the (6) then so on but the (4)'s had the ones from kawasaki usually numbered in the teens "1461" something like that, but the others were over 2000 would those be R62A's?

Westchester had 62As not 62s.

90s to early 2000's were R62As (1)(9)(3)(6) [(7) by 2002 i think] and the 62s were just on the (4) till R142/As came out..

Yes, R62s still run on the 4.

Due to SF opening, there have been a few car transfers. A few R142/As were moved around, but I am not too sure of the specifics there.

ALL R62s at Mosholu were transferred to Livonia.

All R62As at Livonia were transferred out(10 to 240, balance to Mosholu)

As a result of this, the S is now based out of Mosholu instead of Livonia, and the R62s on the 4 are now based out of Livonia.

I rode a R-62 (4) New Lots Aveue bound December 25th, 2008 around after 12mid-night

I hope that will be your last time riding the 4 during that hour....even midday it's crazy over at New Lots and Pennsylvania av on the 3.lol

I hope that will be your last time riding the 4 during that hour....even midday it's crazy over at New Lots and Pennsylvania av on the 3.lol

LOL....it didn't bother me b/c I was @ Sutter Avenue-Rutland Road so I got to New Lots Avenue in 10 minutes. Yeah the Livonia Avenue Line gets crazy around mid-days and rush hours!

I haven't seen any R62's on the (4) for a good while. I know there was supposed to be a car transfer and I thought I might have read that they were switching out cars and the (4) was going to be 100% R142/A. I could be wrong but I know I heard/read it. Time will tell.

I had made a statement about this in another post. No more R62's are on the (4), and the shuttle does have sets of cars at Mosholu Yard. I have sen those shuttle trains when I have to do a put-in at times. Those R62's at Livonia are solely for the (3) now. The (4) is NTT only trains just like the (5)<5> and (6)<6> lines. Things can and will possibly change when need be in the future......

I had made a statement about this in another post. No more R62's are on the (4), and the shuttle does have sets of cars at Mosholu Yard. I have sen those shuttle trains when I have to do a put-in at times. Those R62's at Livonia are solely for the (3) now. The (4) is NTT only trains just like the (5)<5> and (6)<6> lines. Things can and will possibly change when need be in the future......

I certainly do hope that things change in the future possibly... I kind of get tired of seeing all those shiny R142/As on the 4. The R62s on the 4 always brought me some comfort. Ever since the departure of the venerable old Rebirds, they have been my closest friends on the IRT.:((1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(9)

Archived