(F) Train announcer on the R160A

mark1447

I'm curious on who is the woman that is doing it, i forgot the name, Diane?. Also Im sry to say this, in my opinion the announcements on the (F) R160 is terrible, its like pausing between words, likes shes nervous or something, and having an accent on certain words, Like Broadway(But more like Braway).. I mean the (E) and the rest beats the (F)s version..

who else agrees?

First time i hear the (F)s version announcement was today.. From W4th to Smith-9th

in my opinion the announcements on the (F) R160 is terrible, its like pausing between words, likes shes nervous or something, and having an accent on certain words, Like Broadway(But more like Braway).. I mean the (E) and the rest beats the (F)s version..

:tup:

OMG.... I so agree! I hate the (F) announcements :eek:! Its a shame too because I ride the (F) everyday and I love that line. The (Q) and old (N) announcements are the best IMO

I'm curious on who is the woman that is doing it, i forgot the name, Diane?. Also Im sry to say this, in my opinion the announcements on the (F) R160 is terrible, its like pausing between words, likes shes nervous or something, and having an accent on certain words, Like Broadway(But more like Braway).. I mean the (E) and the rest beats the (F)s version..

First time i hear the (F)s version announcement was today.. From W4th to Smith-9th

I'm gong to disagree with you here, and here's why. the (F) announcements are the most detailed I've ever heard from any R160A/B set. The voice is loud, and she's projecting her voice very clearly. Station stops are more into detail. For example, the announcement for the (E) is "This is West 4 Street. Transfer is available to the (A)(B)(D)(F)". The (F) announcement is "This is West 4 Street, Washington Square, Transfer is available to the (A)(B)(C)(D)(E)"

Another example: The (N) and (Q) have announcements nowadays saying "This is a Coney Island Bound (N)/(Q) train" while the (F) has "This is a Coney Island Bound (F) local train." The (N)(Q) doesn't have announcements saying if it is a local or express, (not even sure if it's necessary or not)

Here's my favorite Delancey Street-Essex Street

The (F) annoucement says "This is Delancey Street-Essex Street. Transfer is available to (J)(M)(Z)"

The (J)(M)(Z)' voices only say "This is Essex Street. Transfer is available to the (F) train."

In my opinion the (F) does a nice job with the cars, and announcements.

By the way, you do have a valid argument, and thanks for bringing it up.

I'm gong to disagree with you here, and here's why. the (F) announcements are the most detailed I've ever heard from any R160A/B set. The voice is loud, and she's projecting her voice very clearly. Station stops are more into detail. For example, the announcement for the (E) is "This is West 4 Street. Transfer is available to the (A)(B)(D)(F)". The (F) announcement is "This is West 4 Street, Washington Square, Transfer is available to the (A)(B)(C)(D)(E)"

Another example: The (N) and (Q) have announcements nowadays saying "This is a Coney Island Bound (N)/(Q) train" while the (F) has "This is a Coney Island Bound (F) local train." The (N)(Q) doesn't have announcements saying if it is a local or express, (not even sure if it's necessary or not)

Here's my favorite Delancey Street-Essex Street

The (F) annoucement says "This is Delancey Street-Essex Street. Transfer is available to (J)(M)(Z)"

The (J)(M)(Z)' voices only say "This is Essex Street. Transfer is available to the (F) train."

In my opinion the (F) does a nice job with the cars, and announcements.

By the way, you do have a valid argument, and thanks for bringing it up.

True but why pause to much, I mean on the BMT and (E) line shes not pausing rly and I can hear it clear. But the (F) is almost like hard to understand, and freaky. I use to thought the ENY versions were almost of, but, now got use to em and seem perfect.. But I respect you opinion =)

Now I wonder if the (7) version is used by the same woman who does the B div.. And I wonder how it is..

True but why pause to much, I mean on the BMT and (E) line shes not pausing rly and I can hear it clear. But the (F) is almost like hard to understand, and freaky. I use to thought the ENY versions were almost of, but, now got use to em and seem perfect.. But I respect you opinion =)

Now I wonder if the (7) version is used by the same woman who does the B div.. And I wonder how it is..

That is something, back to the (F) announcements, I thought the (F) announcer was going to have the same voice as the one on (E) , in fact a different voice other than Dianne Thompson for transfers is at 14th Street, Lex-Av 63 Street, and 179 Street-Jamaica, I believe.

You're right about the voice being a little freaky, I was a bit surprised about the (F) voice myself as well.

Ok lets get back on topic, cuz I dont want this topic being locked.. I was wondering when was the (F)s annoucments were created?

The Computer (F) announcements were probably recorded around 2007, I'm not definitely sure, but that's my estimate as of when these subway car announcements came to place.

Agreed.

Whoa... but I doubt the R160s would ever be used on the shuttles.

You never know...I'm still waiting for the day that an R142A appears on the (3) out of nowhere. But I digress, they probably want to have them there just in case.

On topic, I love these announcements, except the destination ones are a bit long for stations that don't have long dwell times.

You never know...I'm still waiting for the day that an R142A appears on the (3) out of nowhere. But I digress, they probably want to have them there just in case.

On topic, I love these announcements, except the destination ones are a bit long for stations that don't have long dwell times.

It could happen on the (3) once the R188 comes in, lots of switch overs on the IRT lines. I hope to 62A on my (2)(5) one day.

I dunno if the R188 would mark the retirement for the R62

___

anyways bk on topic for me.

for duelingdragons:

Not mine:

Ill have mine soon lol =)

It could happen on the (3) once the R188 comes in, lots of switch overs on the IRT lines. I hope to 62A on my (2)(5) one day.

I dunno if the R188 would mark the retirement for the R62

___

anyways bk on topic for me.

for duelingdragons:

Most passengers on the (2),(5) lines would hate that. Think of the seats on a 62A. Need I say more ?

Most passengers on the (2),(5) lines would hate that. Think of the seats on a 62A. Need I say more ?

yes i know the seating is terrible also i didnt mean get rid of the 142 but add just 52As for additional service. Especially on the (2) during AM, isnt in gd shape up here.

I don't think it is Dianne Thompson that does announcements for the (F). The announcements on the (2) are different, she says the announcements alot differently.

Archived