Mostly R68/A's on the (Q) Today..

Maserati7200

I got on at Avenue H this morning on the (Q) and got an R160 today.. and along the way to Manhattan, every (Q) I see is an R68/A (I saw about 5). Transferred at Herald Square to the (:P and went to do some clothes shopping at Columbus Circle. Long story short, I get back to Herald Square take (Q) home and saw 9 R68/A's along the way and one r160. So i'd just like to point out to people who claim the (Q) is fully R160, its not... not even close.

I got on at Avenue H this morning on the (Q) and got an R160 today.. and along the way to Manhattan, every (Q) I see is an R68/A (I saw about 5). Transferred at Herald Square to the (:P and went to do some clothes shopping at Columbus Circle. Long story short, I get back to Herald Square take (Q) home and saw 9 R68/A's along the way and one r160. So i'd just like to point out to people who claim the (Q) is fully R160, its not... not even close.

I saw 3 R160's sets today

Really, because I saw plenty of R160s, I know there are between 18 and 23 sets of (Q), but I saw a handful of R160s along with some R68. Last night, when I went out, the way to, and the way back, I only saw one R68.

Well it does vary.. sometimes its mostly r160 and sometimes its mostly R68/A or in the middle. But people have said on this forum that the (Q) is fully R160, while its not.

I don't expect the R68 or R68A cars to leave the (Q) anytime soon. Yeah, I'm not surprised to even see three R68 train (Alstom) sets on the (Q) during the rush hours. Anyways they serve the (Q) well, and although I like the R160A/B on (Q), the (Q) wouldn't be as fun if the R68/68As on the (Q) left the line, which is what I don't see happening anytime soon. Good observations by the way.

I don't expect the R68 or R68A cars to leave the (Q) anytime soon. Yeah, I'm not surprised to even see three R68 train (Alstom) sets on the (Q) during the rush hours. Anyways they serve the (Q) well, and although I like the R160A/B on (Q), the (Q) wouldn't be as fun if the R68/68As on the (Q) left the line, which is what I don't see happening anytime soon. Good observations by the way.

The Q is supposed to be fully R160.

The Q is supposed to be fully R160.

See, thats why I bring this up. The (Q) is supposed to be fully R160's, but in reality, its not. I've seen R68/A's on the (Q) every single time I've ridden it ever since the R160's came in. I highly doubt at any point the (Q) was fully R160.

Good point you brought up there. I've seen hippos around quite frequently. Not "once in a blue moon". I really don't know. Perhaps when the W is axed, the Q would probably see all R160s. Perhaps.

Trying not to get off topic, if the (W) gets cut, the (Q) gets its R160's, and now there are R68/A's left over. I think those extra R68/A's may serve the (G) because I've heard a lot of talk which says the (G) may be going to Coney Island Yard after it is cut back to Court Square and extended to Church Ave.

Trying not to get off topic, if the (W) gets cut, the (Q) gets its R160's, and now there are R68/A's left over. I think those extra R68/A's may serve the (G) because I've heard a lot of talk which says the (G) may be going to Coney Island Yard after it is cut back to Court Square and extended to Church Ave.

Yeah, makes the most sense. Because you have a lot of R68As lying around. Some say that they will go to Pitkin after all the SMEEs are sunk. But who knows??

Good point you brought up there. I've seen hippos around quite frequently. Not "once in a blue moon". I really don't know. Perhaps when the W is axed, the Q would probably see all R160s. Perhaps.

A significant percentage of (Q) riders in a survey preferred the R68s because they had "more seats" and the R160s "do not have enough seats". If the (MTA) put any weight on this it may be the reason that the (Q) has so many R160s. The (N) has perhaps one or two occasionally.

A significant percentage of (Q) riders in a survey preferred the R68s because they had "more seats" and the R160s "do not have enough seats". If the (MTA) put any weight on this it may be the reason that the (Q) has so many R160s. The (N) has perhaps one or two occasionally.

You mean, the (Q) has so many R68/R68As?:(

Must be referring to those bucket seats!

Archived