Doomesday II cuts coming to MTA in 2010?

Shortline Bus

It won't. I figured that something like the SAS, 7 extension, and LIRR to Grand Central would all be stuck in development hell. And there's my answer.

We canNOT afford even Doomsday 1! 2 would send us all packing - our bags, that is, and leaving NY. Or going to jail once we riot and torch and kill everyone involved in this, especially since they're taking our money away.

I'm really torn about all this. I mean on the one hand in regards to the (C) and (G), the (C) is rarely ever running on weekends so I think people are used to (A) local service on weekends. The (G)...i can't remember the last time it ran to forest hills.

I just don't know how to really react. I mean yeah I'm angry but none of this stuff has happened yet so I think I'm trying to wait and see what they will do. If anything it may just be an effort to force Albany to help out.

This is exactly the reason people leave cities like NYC en masse. We always have to put with these stupid-ass idiots like the MTA all the time. HOW THE HELL ARE WE GOING TO PAY FOR THIS WHEN WE ARE IN AN ECONOMIC CRISIS????!!!!!!! PEOPLE ARE ALREADY SUFFERING TO PAY THE HIGH BILLS AND TAXES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanna march down protesting? About the unfairness of the MTA? And start a "MTA Privatisation" Movement?

Mtr the NYC subways and buses early in it history in early 1900's was 'private.' It went bankrupt. Even most of the Queens bus lines until 5-6 years ago was 'private' and the companies that ran them went out of busineess creating MTA bus.

And MTR no offense please type 'private' in US style not the British style like in Hong Kong. Thanks

I've been posting and responding to posts for a while now and finally some of you realize what I've said all along. R179, R188,CBTC on the (7) line. ATS and computerized subways, The Second Ave Subway...We've debated the pros and cons of each of them but I said months ago that as far as I was concerned all of the above were no more than wish lists, or pipe dreams if you wish. Doomsday 1 and 2 cuts are to your core services NOW, forget future projects for a moment. The MTA's money is supposed to come from the City of New York, the surrounding counties, and the State of New York primarily. The city cut back it's share years ago, and the State of New York did too mainly during the Pataki era. The Federal government did likewise under the Republican administration of G.W.Bush. The only thing sustaining the MTA was Wall St bonds and taxes and borrowing. When the economy went down the tubes so did the (MTA). I'm guessing that this is a high-stakes game of chicken but right now it appears that some of those core services will be cut. Remember the (MTA) was created so that the Mayor, Governor and County Execs could not be held accountable personally if the system failed. While I don't believe in privatizing core municipal services ( I'm still a union man) perhaps it's time to bring back a real railroad administration type to run the trains and subways and buses, and dump the real estate, banker types in the trash. Just my opinion. I'll let you guys and gals run with it from here.

Impeach Patterson, bring back Spitzer. Who cares what he did in the past; He knows how to control the job that was once given to him. Bring him back!Like I said earlier, maybe I should stay here in Phoenix, and pursue a Light-Rail Career:p

But then you'll never see your beloved hippos again......:)

Really, I can't think of anyone reelecitng Paterson next year, bring Andrew Cuomo, and remember Pataki, or even Bloomberg!

I've been posting and responding to posts for a while now and finally some of you realize what I've said all along. R179, R188,CBTC on the (7) line. ATS and computerized subways, The Second Ave Subway...We've debated the pros and cons of each of them but I said months ago that as far as I was concerned all of the above were no more than wish lists, or pipe dreams if you wish. Doomsday 1 and 2 cuts are to your core services NOW, forget future projects for a moment. The MTA's money is supposed to come from the City of New York, the surrounding counties, and the State of New York primarily. The city cut back it's share years ago, and the State of New York did too mainly during the Pataki era. The Federal government did likewise under the Republican administration of G.W.Bush. The only thing sustaining the MTA was Wall St bonds and taxes and borrowing. When the economy went down the tubes so did the (MTA). I'm guessing that this is a high-stakes game of chicken but right now it appears that some of those core services will be cut. Remember the (MTA) was created so that the Mayor, Governor and County Execs could not be held accountable personally if the system failed. While I don't believe in privatizing core municipal services ( I'm still a union man) perhaps it's time to bring back a real railroad administration type to run the trains and subways and buses, and dump the real estate, banker types in the trash. Just my opinion. I'll let you guys and gals run with it from here.

Well said. Other than the SAS been bulit(at least part of it to 96th since the project is well underway) i agree 100% with Trainmaster about his comments above.

I also add that that MTA should be an public agency again with the Governor appoiting the MTA chief to run only the LIRR/MNRR and the NYC Mayor selecting the NYCT boss to run the subway and buses.

Mtr the NYC subways and buses early in it history in early 1900's was 'private.' It went bankrupt. Even most of the Queens bus lines until 5-6 years ago was 'private' and the companies that ran them went out of busineess creating MTA bus.

And MTR no offense please type 'private' in US style not the British style like in Hong Kong. Thanks

Too bad, deal with it. Isn't America a free country? And British English is just English. Spelling variants are still understandable, it's not like I'm writing in a completely different language unsupported by the forum.

The situation with the MTA now is, that is just too big. It has all of these subdivisions, like how you have the MTA New York City Transit, MTA Bus Company, MTA Long Island Railroad, MTA Long Island Bus, MTA Metro-North Railroad, MTA Bridges and Tunnels etc..., management is really difficult. I think it is better for the people that these subdivisions be run separately. I believe it is easier for a bunch of smaller entities running their own thing to run the overall system than one huge octopus.

Archived