R142 7 Train... Kinda

Dave160

(7) LINE IS NOT PREPARED NEW SUBWAY CARS YET . I MEAN THEY ARE NOT

PREPARED TO GET r188 YET.

THEY MIGHT HAVE TOOL EQUIPENT OR NOT. BUT THEY ARE NOT PREPARED TO GET NEW SUBWAY CARS YET.

Dude?! CAPS?? Thats a no-no.

And no subway line has to be prepared to get new subway cars.

my mistake. what was wrong third rai or second rail when R142 was running

on the (7) in 2002? that (7) line could not able to carry or hold R142.

is the third rail or 1st rail uprgraded that R188 will able to run on the <7>.

when is the plan R62 will be rebuilded.

that will be 2009 - 2010 capital that R62A will be rebuilded soon?

There will still be R142As on the (6) because it seems to me that they are also ordering new trains designated under the R188 contract.
No. The 23 extra cars would make most sense to be trailers or B cars since the 7 would continue to have 11 car trains.

Does the (7) really need 11-cars? The (7) is far less crowded than the (4), (5), and (6).

Hmph. I take both on a daily basis, and they're both packed to the gills. At times they can be about even.

Let us see here, the platforms can take 11 cars, and the 7 can be PACKED in Rush Hour, even with 11. So yeah, I say they need 11 car sets.

Yeah.

Does the (7) really need 11-cars? The (7) is far less crowded than the (4), (5), and (6).

Yes of course, it gets packed even during weekends. And I don't think Mets fans would appreciate it when their line to the game will lose one car per train, rendering every train to CitiField even more crowded as now.

nobody knows what will happen with the 62a but they 2 young to get retired.

According to what we all heard, Corona R62As are going to Westchester in exchange for R142As.

You are right, they are relatively young. They will stick around for another 20 or 30 before a new fleet takes their place.

nobody knows what will happen with the 62a but they 2 young to get retired.
Did you mean the R68As? The R62As run only on A Division. According to my calculations (number of cars), the G getting the 200 R68As pretty much solves everything since there will be no cars remaining after the R160 order is complete. Basically the B and D would share the 416 R68s at Concourse, while the Franklin Shuttle still has their 9 singles. This can finally allow the N, and Q at CI to be entirely R160 once the W is gone.

But lets get back on topic and I truly don't think that the NTTs would go to the 7 until 2015 or 2016.

Archived