Exam 2501

Brighton Local

no such thing is 'sworn in'.

This is false unless your talking about a NON civil service job. For all civil service jobs you MUST be sworn in as a civil servant at that point you are officially hired.

This is false unless your talking about a NON civil service job. For all civil service jobs you MUST be sworn in as a civil servant at that point you are officially hired.

That is why I mentioned it,I could have sworn(pun intended)that I read about that in another B/O thread.

Ditja came from the OA list(non civil service)so that is why he wasn't sworn in.

Oh,I thought they did the drug,med test on the same day.

Ditja, Locomotion69 Thank you again for the heads up. when you turn in your paper work is that what they call the (interview)?.

I think some one answered this question before but i'm not sure where.

Where do I go to buy my clothes for the Training. And what kind of shoes do I have to buy $$$.

Ditja, Locomotion69 Thank you again for the heads up. when you turn in your paper work is that what they call the (interview)?.

I think some one answered this question before but i'm not sure where.

Where do I go to buy my clothes for the Training. And what kind of shoes do I have to buy $$$.

I dug up some info on that.

"In the NYCTA, a brand new employee will be sent to the uniform center while on company time and will be measured and fitted for his/her uniforms.

The MTA gives you your uniforms for free, you don't have to buy them."

"The only thing you have to pay for is for shoes/boots which you can purchase according to your tastes as long as they meet TA requirements (color, thickness of sole, etc.)"

"They will provide you with your uniform once you pass qualification. For the beginning, you just need to get dark blue dress pants, and dark sky blue shirts. That you can purchase at any clothing department store..........."

I dug up some info on that.

"In the NYCTA, a brand new employee will be sent to the uniform center while on company time and will be measured and fitted for his/her uniforms.

The MTA gives you your uniforms for free, you don't have to buy them."

"The only thing you have to pay for is for shoes/boots which you can purchase according to your tastes as long as they meet TA requirements (color, thickness of sole, etc.)"

"They will provide you with your uniform once you pass qualification. For the beginning, you just need to get dark blue dress pants, and dark sky blue shirts. That you can purchase at any clothing department store..........."

NYCTA will not send you anywhere they will measure at 180 Livingston and you will get a package in the mail.

Sorry about Olegkha. I just got a bit to happy & carried away. SORRY. I just checked my mail box and there it was. For me to report. If yours is not there then you might get it next week. sence I got a letter then i'm sure you should have one also.

I was not around for couple of days , but yes the letter came, now i need to take off from work, why cant they do it on a weekend ;)

hehehe

( next tuesday )

If this is from test 5025 can I ask what your list number is...people on here are just getting the sense that this list is finally rolling again. Just wondering what number they are calling up to again. Thanks! ;)

Both Oleg and Lovelyday have low list numbers that were restored. Anybody else that has to report this Friday May 22nd or next week? We all want to know your list number range at least,thanks.:)

my list number is 94, i was restored to the list august of 08, the first day is your drug test, if you pass they will call you back to do the physical (hearing, eyes, blood pressure). I worked for MTA from 98 - 02 and then moved to Florida so I have been thru the process

my list number is 94, i was restored to the list august of 08, the first day is your drug test, if you pass they will call you back to do the physical (hearing, eyes, blood pressure). I worked for MTA from 98 - 02 and then moved to Florida so I have been thru the process

Tell us more please as to how things will go. I have to report next week. What do I need to have. And about the gap in work do they want day to day work history. for example if I was working from 01-01 08 to 11-01-08 and then I return to work on 01-01-09. So that means for two months I wasn't working. Do they want me to show them how I was taking care of myself during those to months. What if you was living off the money I had saved up. and was just taking a break to travel & visiting family.

Thank you for your help. I'm so glad you have been through it all; already. You can help answer a bit of questions most of us have. from 5025 & 8006. Who are about to go through it soon.

Tell us more please as to how things will go. I have to report next week. What do I need to have. And about the gap in work do they want day to day work history. for example if I was working from 01-01 08 to 11-01-08 and then I return to work on 01-01-09. So that means for two months I wasn't working. Do they want me to show them how I was taking care of myself during those to months. What if you was living off the money I had saved up. and was just taking a break to travel & visiting family.

Thank you for your help. I'm so glad you have been through it all; already. You can help answer a bit of questions most of us have. from 5025 & 8006. Who are about to go through it soon.

Fill in the gaps on your employment history,very important. It has been said on here that you have to put down how you supported yourself during those gaps.

I believe they ask you to go as far back as your last 10 yrs of employment. It was mentioned on here a long time ago that even if you have never worked a day in your life they still have to hire you. Be honest with them though,that is a must.

• 11 months later...
Afternoon Members.

Today, My grandmother received a letter in the mail for me, in regards to exam number 2501. She said it was for New York City Transit, not (MTA) Bus. I must have taken this test a long time ago, because I really forgot about it. If anybody can shed some light on 2501, & hook me up with some good intel, please do.

Zach

i called 180 livingston friday and they told me they are extending exam 2501.....so we are going to be waiting for a while... (exams 2801, 2901)

Archived