Tragedy has struck, and a trusted companion is no more.

metsfan

At around 11 am today at newark penn station, i was waiting on platform 2 in the enclosed waiting area with the wooden benches, i was across from the phones & the end of the bench which faces PATH if you were to sit there.

I took one of my 2 jackets off, one's just for warmth, ones for a lil warmth & major wind resistance. To take it off i had to take both off (it was underneath). So i place my water on the wooden sill, put ny backpack down & my camera. I walk out few minutes later & board PATH on the track 1 side.

After talking to a gentleman outside exp path station i meet my girlfriend on the pier there. I go to take off the other jacket, and i find that there is no camera around my neck. Gone.

I call (NJT) and they have an agent sweep the waiting area i ha been sitting in. Nothing. I went back to newark & looked, nothing.

My really good canera that has brought countless photos to this site and many others is gone forever, and more than that, it took something from me with it. It was my companion, my sidekick, i am a true through & through photographer dyed in the wool. I feel like i lost a body part, a friend, something irreplaceable that has over the last 1.5 years become a part of my day to day life.

So yea. :P

Please check your surroundings for your personal belongings before you leave any area. Don't make my mistake.

- A

Sorry for your loss:(. I know how that story goes as well I lost a camera like that once too:cry:.

Thank you for the condolences. Thank freakin god i still have my stylus or i'd feel totally crippled.

- A

Sorry to hear about that man! :cry:

I know how you feel. In very early September 2008 I was filming a (J) train at Myrtle avenue and someone stole my camera and ran away. I chased him, but he was gone. I didn't get a new camera until about January 2009. Those months were bad! :cry:

EDIT: 700th post!!! :cool:

Sorry to hear about that man! :cry:

I know how you feel. In very early September 2008 I was filming a (J) train at Myrtle avenue and someone stole my camera and ran away. I chased him, but he was gone. I didn't get a new camera until about January 2009. Those months were bad! :cry:

EDIT: 700th post!!! :cool:

People still get robbed like that? I thought that was an 80s/90s thing with the whole "Stach whenever your wearing and run" was a thing of the past. I'm sorry to hear that you and metsfan lost your camaras.

That really sucks at all costs. Reasons like this is why I check if I have everything while out in public places. I become paranoid when I feel something isn't there.

Yea, me too, like i can't leave my house unless i have my various credit debit ID cards or my phone and watch. The basic tools for operating anywhere away from home. The very few times i went out with no camera, it really felt like i was doing something wrong. I may thankfully be able to get a new one soon, however for now i will find solace in the fact that my family & girlfriend have been incredibly understanding & supportive (along with you guys :cool::tup:), that i still have a good camera (honestly its better for less serious stuff like beach trips), and i'm getting an iPhone with my girlfriend next week (cuz we finally agreed it was time to get a family plan & save 20 bucks a month). :tup::):cool:

(MTA)(NJT):septa::tup:

- A

I am so sorry, hopefully, someone with a decent soul will report it.

New Yorkers are not as honest as people think. I lost two cellphones. One was on the subway. The other was on the bus. In both cases they fell out of my pocket. I went to the lost and found but they couldn't find it. Fortunately I was able to get a replacement phone.

Archived