R46s no longer on the F

Ftrainfan

I just read wiki and it says R46s only run on the (A) , (G) , (R) and (S). PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!

It's true. Some genius thought that all R4s should be off the (F) in the event that some one takes a wrong line up at Bway-Lafayette and goes via the BJ tracks to Essex. They must have forgotten that (F) trains run 10 cars can that they don't platform anywhere along the (M) line. It's a stupid decision but it was made by management so what else is new.

It's true. Some genius thought that all R4s should be off the (F) in the event that some one takes a wrong line up at Bway-Lafayette and goes via the BJ tracks to Essex. They must have forgotten that (F) trains run 10 cars can that they don't platform anywhere along the (M) line. It's a stupid decision but it was made by management so what else is new.

what would do more damage in case it wound up down there, a 10- 60foot cars, or a train of 75 footers?

Yes! Finally! I hate R46 (F) trains. R160 FTW!! The (F) is so crowded and R46s make them so much more crowded. I always thought R160s handle the (F)'s large crowds much more better

The Jamaica R160 could go through the cut, have the first 5 cars open first, then have the operator go slowly through and open the back 5 cars

Awww man. B) I liked the 46's on the (F). It sometimes gets annoying hearing that Alstom propulsion over and over again. Everytime I caught a 46 on the (F), the t/o had the cab door about one-two inches opened. I'm gonna miss peaking through their to see the speed, controlls, etc.

what would do more damage in case it wound up down there, a 10- 60foot cars, or a train of 75 footers?

2 trains of 75' cars can't pass each other north of Essex St getting on the bridge, they would hit each other. A 10 car train of 60' cars won't have the same problem, but the last 2 cars would open to a 30' drop to the street below. What they should do is deactivate the punch at the 10 car marker at Bway if they have not done so already.

Yes! Finally! I hate R46 (F) trains. R160 FTW!! The (F) is so crowded and R46s make them so much more crowded. I always thought R160s handle the (F)'s large crowds much more better

YANKEESPWNMETS I SHOULD HAX YOU FOR SAYING SOMETHING SO MEAN! R46s were the best cars that ran off the (F). And it may not be true anyway since wiki lies about several topics.

2 trains of 75' cars can't pass each other north of Essex St getting on the bridge, they would hit each other. A 10 car train of 60' cars won't have the same problem, but the last 2 cars would open to a 30' drop to the street below. What they should do is deactivate the punch at the 10 car marker at Bway if they have not done so already.

Theres two sets of buttons? If thats the case why even have the option there at teh 10 car marker? unless they were anticipating platform extensions on the Jamaica line

Not really! I am a daily (F) rider as well during the school year and when I'm tired , and in a jank mood , nothing makes me feel better than taking that good old R46 (F) train. It brightens my school morning and my morning brightens my day overall.

I'm really glad R46s ran on the (F)! Most (F) train riders will be crushed since they preferred R46s anyway.

Theres two sets of buttons? If thats the case why even have the option there at teh 10 car marker? unless they were anticipating platform extensions on the Jamaica line

Because the (V) used to punch there too.

You know , I'm glad I got plenty of shots for R46s on the (F). Now I'm making a slideshow to make a nice farewell to THE (F) train. Since we have Some (F) trains now.

a (F) train is an R160. THE (F) train is the awesome R46 subway car. End of story!

YANKEESPWNMETS I SHOULD HAX YOU FOR SAYING SOMETHING SO MEAN! R46s were the best cars that ran off the (F). And it may not be true anyway since wiki lies about several topics.

As a daily (F) rider, R160s absolutely PWN your R46

Who cares. Both get you from point A to point B. Now get off the computers and go outside, do something productive. The weather is too nice to be online arguing about which car is "better".

That's a dumb idea as an R160 (F) could still end up at Essex as well. The train could platform but the first five cars would be able to platform while the rear cars wouldn't.

That's a dumb idea as an R160 (F) could still end up at Essex as well. The train could platform but the first five cars would be able to platform while the rear cars wouldn't.

Yea, I know. No matter what, any (F) line T/O who takes 3 yellows south of Bway will be in deep sh*t.

Yea, I know. No matter what, any (F) line T/O who takes 3 yellows south of Bway will be in deep sh*t.

Itll probrably start a citywide controversy on whether the Chrystie St Cut should be used if something like a R46 derails or if a (F) ending over over the Willy B

Itll probrably start a citywide controversy on whether the Chrystie St Cut should be used if something like a R46 derails or if a (F) ending over over the Willy B

Seeing as how the cut has been around since '67, I doubt that at all. R46s can go through the cut too, they can even go all the way to Metropolitan Av or as far as Bway Junction. They just can't pass each other coming off the bridge.

Guest lance25

Out of curiosity, how many trains have ended up on Chrystie St over the years? It doesn't sound like that something that happens often, especially considering the cut has been around for over 40 years.

OMG! This is SHOCKING! I can't believe that all the R46's are gone from the (F). I would have thought 1 would make an appearance but damn! I have many great memories of riding them on the (F) from when I was 7 to now at 31 and I will miss them on that line, that's for sure. Luckily, they are still running and I can catch them on the (A) or (R) lines. All isn't lost but damn.

Out of curiosity, how many trains have ended up on Chrystie St over the years? It doesn't sound like that something that happens often, especially considering the cut has been around for over 40 years.

I would guess none.

Archived