More subway suicides. What's wrong with people? (Times Square #3 Train incident)

sovetskii52

Well, i guess these people want Screen doors in the platform then.. 12-9s is now the new way for people to kill themselves.

If they want to 12-9, why not go and do it in the railroad where trains are super fast and you don't have to pay to get into the system.... smh... Not saying killing yourself is cool, but come on... NYCS all the time?!

Well, i guess these people want Screen doors in the platform then.. 12-9s is now the new way for people to kill themselves.

If they want to 12-9, why not go and do it in the railroad where trains are super fast and you don't have to pay to get into the system.... smh... Not saying killing yourself is cool, but come on... NYCS all the time?!

Screen doors haven't nothing to do with ppl killing themselves. People are killing themselves b/c of financial crisis, relationships, life, etc etc. They have no one to talk to and they figure since no one wants them in their lives....they decide to end it. Not excusing the behavior, but things happen in ppls lives that they can or can't cope!

This is why Im glad they are installing these new "help points" at the stations. So far they are @ Brooklyn Bridge-Chambers St (4)(5)(6) & 23 Street (6). If someone kills themselves, a witness can just call for help on one of those help points, and Police can come much faster.

now Im not saying that people should kill themselves. If someone is in that situation where they want themselves dead, they should seek help first.

Screen doors haven't nothing to do with ppl killing themselves. People are killing themselves b/c of financial crisis, relationships, life, etc etc. They have no one to talk to and they figure since no one wants them in their lives....they decide to end it. Not excusing the behavior, but things happen in ppls lives that they can or can't cope!

Yes I agree, but it can decrease the amount of 12-9s in the subway tho. I mean for an EL, im not sure. They do have alternatives to killing themselves besides using the subway. What these people need is therapy, if they can afford for one..

This is why Im glad they are installing these new "help points" at the stations. So far they are @ Brooklyn Bridge-Chambers St (4)(5)(6) & 23 Street (6). If someone kills themselves, a witness can just call for help on one of those help points, and Police can come much faster.

now Im not saying that people should kill themselves. If someone is in that situation where they want themselves dead, they should seek help first.

How does the Help Points or intercom stop a person from killing themselves? Only thing it ill do is using it for contacting an agent, but still a t/o can contact RCC for that..

I'm pretty sure they're only trained to assist if you don't know your way around the system, not suicide prevention.

Maybe the best idea is to put up suicide phone booths, and stuff like that which they have on the Golden Gate Bridge.

I look at that idea and laugh, im pretty sure you railfans remember the infamous Hamilton Station in NJ? This station is known for suicides, i think last year Amtrak had about 6 suicides at this station. After the third death NJ Transit start putting up signs and phones, then another suicide happen that same week. If person want to end their lives phones or someone talking to them is not going to help. Once their mind is made up its over.

Because it's easy, cheap, and they can let someone else clean up the mess(A.K.A. suicide booth like what people mentioned).

As i said before. 2.25. Yeah cheap for a cost but if u wanna go cheaper aka free, do it on railroad property or some other place..

As i said before. 2.25. Yeah cheap for a cost but if u wanna go cheaper aka free, do it on railroad property or some other place..

What difference does it make....ppl are going to kill themselves regardless if they jump infront of a train, hang themselves, shoot themselves, overdose on drugs!

Why do these people choose the subway as the place to do it? There are plenty of other ways and places to do it. Why is the subway suddenly their main choice?

Some think of it as a swift death. Who wants to jump off a bridge when you can die instantly from the impact of a four hundred ton steel dragon racing towards you at 40 mph? Thou it is not always the "best" way to commint suicide. You may still be alive and conscious as your body is crushed. Which may lead to a slow and painfull death.

Archived