What's wrong with this picture?

Q25toJamaica

Front plate missing, I know someone said that. left side middle turn signal missing. Driver does not have his Retarder off. MTA wants buses to have your retarder off in wet or slippery conditions

Whats a retarder and how can you tell? What left turn signal? There are two turn signals on the front clip of the bus where the headlights are, just one is turned on because he is making the right turn.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

The turn signal i'm talking about is in the middle of the bus on the sides of the bus. The retarder is a brake assist device . There is a small light over the left front light assembly when the light is off the retarder is active. When the light is on(orange light) it mean the retarder is disabled.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

The turn signal i'm talking about is in the middle of the bus on the sides of the bus. The retarder is a brake assist device . There is a small light over the left front light assembly when the light is off the retarder is active. When the light is on(orange light) it mean the retarder is disabled.

I think the bus is old enough that it doesn't have that turn signal. I mean look... porkchop window in the back...

I have include pictures of the retarder light and the side marker/ blinker light i was talking about. the Mirror is there maybe not the center mirror inside the bus.

Thanks I always wondered what that light was, why do they have the light? so supervisors or someone know if you are using it correctly?

Too bad wendy williams ugly face was in that first pic lol

I have include pictures of the retarder light and the side marker/ blinker light i was talking about. the Mirror is there maybe not the center mirror inside the bus.

006.jpg

Yeah. I don't think any of the porkchop window buses ever had that.

Would an RTS older than 1996 have such a light though?

A jake is not actually a hydraulic retarder. A Jacobs brake is actually an engine brake, which effectively uses the compression of the engine to reduce the engine rpm. A retarder creates a magnetic force field around the engine which reduces the engine rpm. Both assist the braking, but as mentioned, can take away from the driver's direct feel of the brakes.

• 2 months later...
i been looking more into this but i notice older RTS dont seem to have that light at all. i have seen a reflectors there . It might just be a MTA bus thing

no they dont the rts's with the porkchop window doesnt have it and the '93/'94 tmc rts doesnt have it either but the '97/'98 tmc rts and the nova bus rts have it

Archived